“Like Family”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belmopan
The Inn at Twin Palms
Ranked #1 of 17 Belmopan B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Just returning from my trip to Belize, I can't help but think of all the wonderful people I've met during my trip. There were no better people than the Smiths; Anna, Tim, Nicole and AD. I went to Belmopan after spending a week of volunteer work in Nicaragua for some R&R and thankfully I stayed at Twin Palms for the first 2 days in Belize. I was supposed to meet my girlfriend in Belize and she unfortunately was late for her departure the first day and then the following day the airline had a plane malfunction and delayed her trip a 2nd time. Needless to say my gf and I was quite bummed to start our vacation in this fashion. Thankfully I was in the company of the Twin Palms' family and they essentially adopted me as an extended family member.

Both Tim and Anna had great stories and life experiences that they shared with me and Nicole and AD was gracious enough to show me around town and give me a local's tour when they found out about my unfortunate predicament. Also being an animal lover, I was glad I had a chance to interact with their dogs and cats (Smokey was my favorite!)

In regards to their property, all I can say is that it's gorgeous! I took a day tour around Belmopan and saw some of the other accommodation options and they are not in the same league. The Twin Palms' rooms were clean, the pool was a god send, the available bikes was an added bonus and the food that Anna and Tim made was delicious!

If you are visiting Belize for leisure, I highly recommend Belmopan as the base for your in land tour activities since it is in the middle of the country, it's very safe and it has an airport where you can catch a flight to the Cayes after you are done exploring the ruins, etc.

If I find myself back in Belmopan, I will not hesitate to stay with my adopted family again at the Twin Palms. Do yourself a favor and experience it for yourself! There is really no need to research the other options, I promise you will not be disappointed. Thanks again Twin Palms for your hospitality and for making this part of my trip unbelizable!

-Jason

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim Anna S, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Twin Palms, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Thanks for such a sweet review of your stay with us at Twin Palms.Yes,we surely felt like we had adopted a new family member and so sorry we did not get to meet your girlfriend as planned.We hope you enjoyed the islands and if one day you return this way again,please stop in and say hi.
We wish you all the best on your travels as you care for the less fortunate around the world.

There are newer reviews for The Inn at Twin Palms

Reviewed October 13, 2013

As my husband is often in Belize for work, children and I decided to join him and visit the country he was talking so much about. We left London (UK) not sure of what was expecting us and we had experience, wished we could go back soon! Above the places where we staid during our travelling, Twin Palms has surely left a very dear memory. We spent few nights around the end of August 2013 and then again before leaving in the begin of September. In both occasion Anna and her family have offered us a very unique experience, my daughter "adopted" Nicky (Anna and Tim's daughter) as big sister, my son enjoyed playing with the pets and exploring the beautiful garden. The room was just perfect, clean, comfortable, provided of kitchen and fridge, on the ground floor. The swimming poole, with flowers and plants around is small but perfect and we all enjoyed using it at any time of the day (my husband used to go for a swim at 5/6am before going to work...great way to start your day!). Though it was rainy season the holiday was perfect. The rain in the night gives to the place a very romantic atmosphere, while the day was hot but tolerable, perfect for a family. From Twin Palms is easy to go to the centre of Belmopan and by car you can visit several beautiful sites, including the Zoo, Maya temples, caves, or the park nearby, only one hour drive to Belize City. Nicky took me and the children for a horse ride at a stable located in an amazing place near the river and we had a fantastic experience with her, going on the horses through the jungle and the corn field! Above to the high quality of the service (Twin Palms is elegant, comfortable, peaceful, with a garden rich of splendid flowers and plants, well maintained and very clean) what has left a mark in us was the kindness and sense of hospitality shown by all the family and staff. Travelling with children in new places can be a challenge, but not here where they are welcome and treated as members of the family. My daughter learnt from Anna how to make flowers compositions, my son loved the dogs, cat and frogs...and both loved the hot chocolate with marsh mallows in the morning!My husband was happy for our staying as we were well looked after in his absence and was able to work even from the room with us around. We all really hope to be able to return for a vacation in Belize and spend more time at Twin Palms!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Barbara C

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your recent stay with us at Twin Palms.The children were a treat and we enjoyed the fun and laughter they brought with them.It was our pleasure meeting your family and hearing all about Venice and London,who knows we may visit soon.Please give hugs to the children from us and tell them we hope to see them once again back in Belize when dad comes to work and they are of from school.The biscuits were delicious with tea,by the way!!
Enjoy your time back in Venice.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed there last weekend and truly was treated like family. If I ever go back to Belmopan, I plan on staying again, no question. Anna is someone who just radiates kindness, and my room was cute and spotless. I also enjoyed using the pool to cool off after climbing some Mayan ruins, a great way to relax after some serious exercise.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Tim Anna S, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Twin Palms, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Sorry this reply is late,we went to Colorado for a wedding right after you left. and recently returned,it is so beautiful!!
Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a sweet review of your recent stay at Twin Palms.
We are always happy when our guests leave so satisfied that they would come back.Many have returned and it's always nice to see them again and catch up with life.
We hope you get to return one day also,we will be here waiting:)
All the best!!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

There isn't much else we can add here that would be any different than all the other reviews listed. When we arrived, we were invited right into their home in the middle of preparations for the opening of their sons deli, A&D's deli, the very next day. They gave us samples of all the different meats and sauces and it was delicious. The next day, before we had to leave, we stopped by the deli for some food. The ambiance is great, yummy yummy food and service. It is located right next to the pharmacy where Anna works. Definitely a place to stop even if you're just passing thru.

We would definitely stay at Twin Palms again and would recommend to anyone looking to stay in or around the Belmopan area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim Anna S, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Twin Palms, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

That was such a nice review of your recent stay with us at Twin Palms!!Thank you so much for taking the time to write it.We are happy to have met and hosted you both with us.Thanks also for the good comments about the new deli.
AD's DELI is actually up and running nicely and he is very happy after three weeks of being in business.Everyone has their favorites and come for them almost on a daily basis.
We hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in our beautiful country and if you ever return,we hope that you stop in and see us again.
All the best!!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

For the fourth year consecutively I spent most of my summer vacation
in Belize. And, of course, there is no better place to stay than Twin
Palms! The hospitality and very personal attention offered by Anna and
Tim Smith are incomparable. My family and I feel there at home, but with the comfort of having the best service. The bed and breakfast offers a high
standard of comfort in a very quiet and beautiful corner of Belize’s
capital Belmopan. At the same time it is possible to stay connected to
the world through WIFI, international TV channels and cell phones
which are offered for a very reasonable rent by the hotel. From
Belmopan, located at the very center of the country, it is possible to
explore the extraordinary variety of beauties of Belize; from the
turquoise waters of the Caribbean sea to the pristine rainforests of
the Maya mountains, which treasure some of the most impressive
archeological sites of the great Mayan civilization.

Room Tip: All rooms are very good. Room No. 1 is a junior suite,
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Tim Anna S, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Twin Palms, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Ambassador,once more it has been our pleasure to host you and your lovely family with us at Twin Palms.Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review.It is so nice to hear that our guests enjoyed the full taste of Belize all over.
We look forward to your next trip to Belize,Twin Palms will be here waiting!!!
Best Regards,

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Tim and Anna are running a beautiful B&B with the right amenities to keep anyone coming back. They are really well connected in the city, so no matter where you go, people know you are staying in the Twin Palms! The caretakers Aura and Patty, are so nice and always willing to go the extra mile to make the day better! Staying in the Twin Palms is like staying with family. Thank you so much for making our stay there simply amazing!

Room Tip: Any room in this B&B is terrific. Rooms 1-5 all have a view of the pool and rest area, and room...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your extended stay with us at Twin Palms.It was our pleasure to host your team with us.Every morning the pets still come up for treats but April finally settled into her home and quit coming over.She has grown so much!!
With Tippy's passing last week things are quiet around here,no more little barks at the big dogs,the way he used to scold them for begging.
If you ever come back to Belize on another mission it would be nice to see you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I just spent three weeks exploring Belize for the first time. After six days on San Pedro getting into relaxed vacation mode, we wanted to go exploring the mainland particularly within the Belmopan/Cayo districts, which have jungle/rainforest, the Belize zoo and animal sanctuaries, caves, rivers, and many Mayan ruins. We wanted to be free to do our own thing, so we rented a jeep at the airport and then headed to Belmopan, to use as our home base for exploring the eastern part of Cayo and the Belmopan district. This turned out to be a really great strategy, and we strongly encourage you all to avoid the package tours and do it this way. It's easy, safe, and cheaper! And of course staying in local, small places like Twin Palms gives you access to all the local tips as well!

We loved Twin Palms, a small B&B just opened a couple years ago on the property of Anna and Tim, who live there with their two teenaged children. The rooms are in a separate guesthouse just across from their house, that feels very much like a US style motel. In fact Tim is from the US originally and has a construction company, and built it to high standards. The grounds have beautiful landscaping, a small pool, and the rooms are very comfortable and clean, complete with Anna's art, and including good AC, a great shower, mini fridge and microwave. There is also free wifi in all rooms. Every morning they serve up a Belizean style breakfast (varies but usually eggs, bacon/sausage, beans, johnnycakes or muffins and fruit) in their home, together with other guests. Conveniently Anna also is one of the town pharmacists so we felt we were in good hands in case of any illnesses!

The family has four dogs, including a very old Pekinese, Tippy, and a very smart cat. The dogs are very friendly and mainly just lie around, but if you don't like dogs they will keep them separated in a backyard area.

Belmopan is the smallest capital city you'll ever see, but there are a few decent restaurants and lots of big markety shops where you can load up on ice, drinks and food for daily adventures. It took us a bit more than an hour to get to Twin Palms from the airport, and it was very easy to find just off the Hummingbird Highway. It's the ideal location to explore the Hummingbird Highway of course, which is a gorgeous drive and we stopped at St. Herman's cave (bring a good flashlight or rent one), hiked the trails in the surrounding jungle, swam in the lovely Blue Hole (not the one on the reef...), got ice cream at a Mennonite Dairy, went tubing in the river/caves of Nohoch Chen with Vitalino Reyes' company (Vital tours), highly recommended!! It's also an easy drive to the Belize Zoo, and the Baboon Sanctuary, definitely recommended as well. From Belmopan we headed west to see more of Cayo, see separate reviews, but the point is that Twin Palms is a great and very comfortable place to use to start your exploration of Belize's mainland, highly recommended! We will definitely come back if we are in Belize again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank serabm
Tim Anna S, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Twin Palms, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Thanks so much for a finely detailed description of your recent stay in Belize and at Twin Palms.
It was our pleasure to host you both and are so happy that you enjoyed it so much.

A few days after you left our little part Pekinese,Tippy, passed away,he just laid down in a little spot and went to sleep...quite peacefully.He was not ill or ailing.
He was almost 15 years old so we think it was just his time.
You may remember him as tippy101.He was buried next to my Garden House in a special little spot picked out just for him.It was a very sad week :(
All else is fine at Twin Palms.
If you ever return this way again,we hope you stop in and visit again,it would be nice to see you both once more.
Anna

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmopan
Sleeping Giant Lodge
Pook's Hill Lodge
Pook's Hill Lodge
#2 of 4 in Belmopan
Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge

Been to The Inn at Twin Palms? Share your experiences!