Just returning from my trip to Belize, I can't help but think of all the wonderful people I've met during my trip. There were no better people than the Smiths; Anna, Tim, Nicole and AD. I went to Belmopan after spending a week of volunteer work in Nicaragua for some R&R and thankfully I stayed at Twin Palms for the first 2 days in Belize. I was supposed to meet my girlfriend in Belize and she unfortunately was late for her departure the first day and then the following day the airline had a plane malfunction and delayed her trip a 2nd time. Needless to say my gf and I was quite bummed to start our vacation in this fashion. Thankfully I was in the company of the Twin Palms' family and they essentially adopted me as an extended family member.
Both Tim and Anna had great stories and life experiences that they shared with me and Nicole and AD was gracious enough to show me around town and give me a local's tour when they found out about my unfortunate predicament. Also being an animal lover, I was glad I had a chance to interact with their dogs and cats (Smokey was my favorite!)
In regards to their property, all I can say is that it's gorgeous! I took a day tour around Belmopan and saw some of the other accommodation options and they are not in the same league. The Twin Palms' rooms were clean, the pool was a god send, the available bikes was an added bonus and the food that Anna and Tim made was delicious!
If you are visiting Belize for leisure, I highly recommend Belmopan as the base for your in land tour activities since it is in the middle of the country, it's very safe and it has an airport where you can catch a flight to the Cayes after you are done exploring the ruins, etc.
If I find myself back in Belmopan, I will not hesitate to stay with my adopted family again at the Twin Palms. Do yourself a favor and experience it for yourself! There is really no need to research the other options, I promise you will not be disappointed. Thanks again Twin Palms for your hospitality and for making this part of my trip unbelizable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at Twin Palms is located on a private estate with secured,ample parking just off the Hummingbird Highway in Belmopan,actually 0.5 Miles from downtown. Upon entering the Hummingbird Highway on your way into Belmopan,look for Uno Gas Station and our entrance is right across the street. Look for a small Twin Palms sign. We have 12 rooms,a gym and 2 swimming pools surrounded by tropical fruit trees and flowering gardens that attract a variety of birds. We are within 6 minutes of Government Offices,University of Belize and embassies. We are within 30 minutes of caving tubing, the ATM Cave, the Belize Zoo and the Blue Hole National Park and approximately 60 miles from the International Airport. All rooms are furnished with air condition, ceiling fan, hot & cold water, iron & ironing board, cell phone, free wireless internet, flat screen cable television, small refrigerator, coffee pot, full sized bed, clothes rack, desk and chair. There are two Small Private Villas completely furnished with a kitchenette with stove, refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot. It also has a small dining table with chairs, a small couch, sitting chair, footstool and television. The room is furnished with a queen sized bed, closet, iron & ironing board, flat screen television, hair dryer and a private bathroom with hot & cold water. They also has free wireless internet. They have a private front porch. These villas are ideal for guests staying long term from a few weeks to a few months. A full Tropical Breakfast is served daily and is included in room rate. Cancellation or changes in reservations must be made 72 hours prior to arrival or a fee of three days will be charged.Check in 2:00 p.M. Check out 11:00 a.M. We offer airport pick up. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Twin Palms Bed And Breakfast
- Twin Palms Hotel Belmopan
- The Inn At Twin Palms Belize/Belmopan