Actun Tunichil Muknal
and up
Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM) Cave from San Ignacio
Ranked #1 of 76 things to do in Cayo
More attraction details
Owner description: This remote cave is filled with relics left over from the Mayans.
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We had a fantastic tour with Carlos Panti. He is clearly passionate about the cave and the entire area, and that makes for both an exciting and very informative experience. The hike to the cave and the caving itself are at a slow enough pace that Carlos has a chance to cover every aspect – archaeology, geology, biology, etc. Can't recommend him highly enough. His email is carlos.caveguide@yahoo.com, and you can call him at 501/669-7619 or 501/668-5552.

2  Thank ajabroad
in 19 reviews
"sharp rocks"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed October 27, 2013

If you are in the area and want the experience of a lifetime, this is for you. Being 58 and in fair shape, I was apprehensive about this tour. Thanks to Carlos Panti and his great lead, I was able to conquer this challenging and exciting tour. This tour is rated #1 for good reason and you will not be disappointed. You will swim, crawl and climb your way deep within the cave and experience incredible Myan artifacts and remains up close and personal. Carlos is an incredible guide and we were totally entertained from start to finish. This experience is over the top. Thank you Carlos for an adventure of a lifetime. The Cave Queen.

1  Thank Mary Helen C
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Our tour guide Danny was awesome! He works with Mayan heart world a small what looks like a mom and pop tour guide service. Which cost us around $80. And was worth every penny! After a 45min hike through the jungle we jumped in the water and swam into the cave. Once in the cave the adventure starts! Danny knew everything about the cave and gave us so much information. Artifacts date back around 700Ad. No need to say any more... If u have the opportunity make sure to do it!!!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

While in Belize last week my cousin and I had done every possible activity/tour. The ATM tour was by far our favorite. With Goonies being my all time favorite movie, this was a real life Goonies experience, with the main attraction being in an ancient spiritual place of the Mayans. Be prepared to get wet and muddy, crawl and swim and just be amazed and in awe of the sights. I would suggest wearing water shoes (& socks) with tread, board shorts and a t-shirt. Gonzo was our tour guide and was quite entertaining while teaching us interesting facts about the Mayans. If there was only one activity/tour you can do while in Belize, this by far is the one I would suggest.

1  Thank Michelle B