“Wonderful Night”

and 1 more site!
Amber Sunset Jungle Resort
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Cayo
Reviewed May 24, 2013

As a hospitality student, I tend to be a little picky about where I stay. And even though I only had one night at Amber Sunset while on a Study Abroad trip, I truly fell in love. It is a beautiful site with amazing staff and personal experiences. I really, really enjoyed myself.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Giovanni P, General Manager at Amber Sunset Jungle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Rhianna, it was a pleasure to have you and your fellow classmates stay a night with us! Thank you for the great review! I wish you the best of luck in your studies and hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Amber Sunset Jungle Resort

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Amber Sunset opened in February 2012. There are only six individual units. We stayed in the unit with the swinging bed. They are constructed to feel like a tree house, with broad screen covered windows ( no AC). The rooms are beautifully done with local wood. Each unit is feels isolated from the others. The lack of AC was not an issue. It was in the 90s during our stay.
We went as two couples and were the only guests. We had very personal and attentive service. The manager and part owner Giovanni was wonderful. The young cooks provided great meals on demand, and the resort organized all of our trips. Finally, Assad picked us up at the boat dock and took us to the airport.
We couldn't have asked for a better experience. They will expand over time. We will come back.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Giovanni P, General Manager at Amber Sunset Jungle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for the great review Peter! Giving each of our guests that personal and attentive service is what we pride ourselves on delivering. I am happy you all enjoyed staying with us. I look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I only stayed one night passing through but was thoroughly impressed. Beautiful locale, great cabins nicely detailed with exotic woods/woodworking and traditional thatched roofs. Staff was super (thanks Gi) enjoyed the pool and food. Good variety of birds in the am. too. I can't say enough; visit if you can. Randy

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you Randy! It was great to get to know you and hear your exciting stories about your teaching background. I hope your students enjoyed Belize. I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

World Pediatric Project has had 2 groups staying at Amber Sunset and both have enjoyed their stay! Service is excellent and the resort is so relaxing w/ a wonderful setting and ambiance! Our groups are surely raving about returning to this location and also making this location a must for their family vacation in Belize. Surely a great intimate resort and very friendly staff!

Room Tip: if couples get the rooms w/ swinging beds!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Giovanni P, General Manager at Amber Sunset Jungle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for the great review and compliments! I am happy both groups had a great time. I look forward to hosting you guys again. Take care!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

If you love nature and adventure, with a touch of luxury, this is the place for you!

The resort’s surroundings were gorgeous! The lush greenery! The amazing views!

The staff was exceptional! Definitely made me feel like we were the only persons there to be catered to!

The room was beautiful, comfortable and very private! I especially loved that it was built to make you feel like you were in the trees!

Overall, being at Amber Sunset was an amazing experience! There definitely will be a next time!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the wonderful review. I am glad our treehouse cabanas brought you closer to nature. I look forward to your next visit! Take care!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I can’t rave enough about Amber Sunset. We chose it on the Internet – it looked nice, had a cabana available for our family of five, and was not as pricey as some other jungle lodges. Our stay ended up wildly exceeding our expectations.

First – the staff. Giovanni, Assad and Juliet went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable, well-fed, and having fun. Everything from towels folded into animal shapes for the kids to offering a special meatless meal on a Lenten Friday – we could not have asked for nicer hosts.

Location: Amber Sunset was centrally located, within an hour of Xunantunich, Mountain Pine Ridge, and cave tubing on the Branch River. (Many of the lodges are closer to one or the other of these attractions, entailing a long trip to reach the others.) Though we definitely were in the jungle, the lodge is within a mile from the main paved road (again in contrast to many lodges which are miles and miles back on unpaved roads.)

Amenities: the lodge is new and everything was just beautiful. Our family cabana was three stories high, with decks on two of the levels. One could relax near the pool, rum drink in hand, and watch the parrots and hummingbirds flit overhead. The lodge arranged a tour operator (John August) to take us cave tubing , and to swim beneath a waterfall in Mountain Pine Ridge. He really know his trips, and we were able to see things that not all the tours show.

Food: the open air restaurant is lovely, and served bountiful breakfasts and dinners. There were no menu choices; the meals just arrived. They were interesting , delicious, and artfully presented; and it actually added to the relaxation of our vacation to not have to decide what to eat each night. All three of our kids loved the food!

We would recommend Amber Sunset wholeheartedly!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Giovanni P, General Manager at Amber Sunset Jungle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Wow, thank you for this wonderful review Jackie. It's rewarding to hear we made your family vacation excellent. I will pass on your praises to the staff and to John for his tours. We hope to see you again real soon so you can explore and discover new experiences in Belize!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

One of the best resort I've been to in ages. I was skeptical at first because I always preferred a beach resorts but how wrong was I to judge the resort before experiencing its tranquility. The rooms are comfy and enjoyable ...very enjoyable :). The staff is excellent, let's just say that the staff don't just do their job, they ensure that you had an experience of a life time. I would recommend this resort anybody who's looking for a different experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Giovanni P, General Manager at Amber Sunset Jungle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for the awesome review! Its great to hear you found being in the jungle, coupled with our service, a great experience! Thank you for the recommendation. Have a great day and I hope to see you again soon!