“A great day out!”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A great day out!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Four of us came here a few days ago to do the Explorer Run which is 4 zip lines.Our guide collected us from our lodge and brought us back again for BZ100 between 4 of us.Very professional,Carlos was his name and I think the other mans name was Eliah?Great guides and a fun day out.

Michigan
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Don't Miss This Experience!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Our group of 6 vacationers ranged in age from 36 to 72 - and we each said this was one of the major highlights of our trip! None of us had ever zip lined before, and I personally was fearful because of my dreaded fear of heights. I would LOVE to repeat the experience! Calico Jack's equipment is well maintained and safety is their #1 concern. Our guides, William and Carlos, were awesome! They not only made certain we were all safe and having fun, they pointed out and explained the flora and fauna we saw on our hike and journey through the jungle between lines. They found the howling monkeys for us to see (and hear!) and even provided a special snack (termites!) to those brave enough in our party to taste them. I'm told they truly do taste like mint, although I never intend to find out personally! 4 of our group took part in the "Ultimate" package (full zip line experience minus the repelling), while the 2 others went for the full experience including the repelling down the cliff. Their last zip line as "Superman" was truly a sight as they came across the jungle face down just like Superman (and Woman)! The value for the experience was incredible - you will never find a safer, less expensive zip lining experience. We also had lunch in their restaurant and the food and drinks were delicious - a wonderful end to a fun days adventure. Thank You!

Vernon, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Zip Lining and Cave Visits”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

First zip line experience for my wife and myself and well worth the adrenalin rush. Super safe.
Calico Jacks is a very well maintained and organized attraction in Belize. The operators, employees and equipment are second to none. Safety is of the utmost importance and the crew ensures you have a fun and safe adventure.
I would recommend this stop to anyone wishing a little excitement and the chance to zip above the jungle floor for a birds eye look at the floor below.
It takes about two hours to complete the whole route if you take in the cave visit as well. Plan on a little sweat as you drop down to the caves by foot and then climb on back up to the towers to continue your trip on the zip.
This is a ton of fun and very informative as well. The guides will give you a great explanation of the fauna and flora as well as any wildlife you may encounter. By all means enjoy yourself, have fun and take a ton of pictures. the memories will be worth the time.

Belmopan, Belize
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

This was my first zip line experience. It was fantastic. My niece was visiting and I wanted to take her on a special adventure - and it was that! The area was spectacular. The staff are helpful, informative and friendly. They were helpful without making me feel like a novice, though I was. We ate lunch at the restaurant on site. The food was good and I thought the setting was stunning. I was impressed by the creative design of the place and the warm welcome we received.

Visited January 2014
Norman
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Calico Jack's Zip Lining in Belize”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

First, let me state that I am 65 years young and this was my first zip- lining experience. I was truly terrified in the beginning. However their staff was so nice, so safety conscious, and professional that after my first few platforms, I had a ball! Definitely a must if you are traveling in this part of the world!

We did the longer package which had 16 platforms and it was truly a remarkable experience!

They also have a nice restaurant that made great margaritas, Afterwareds of course! LOL

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Sheri M
Ydahlia_12, Owner at Calico Jack's Belize Jungle Canopy and Zip Lining, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for zip lining with us and for taking your time to write a review of your experience!!