“Cave of Wonders”

Calico Jack's Belize Jungle Canopy and Zip Lining
Ranked #11 of 49 Outdoor Activities in Cayo
More attraction details
Owner description: Calico Jack’s is a full service resort offering lovely and affordable accommodations, inexpensive and delicious meals and exciting tours including 5 zip line tour options in over 3,000 feet of zip lining, rappelling, a cable walk, rope ladder challenge and Belize’s only jungle swing—for only the most adventurous. If you enjoy nature and trails, explore our extensive hiking trails leading to dry caves used by the Maya for their sacred rituals or to our natural creek and swimming hole. We are also a magical paradise for bird watching and jungle exploration, day and night. If you want a more laid back day, lounge by the pool and sip delightful local beverages against the background sounds of nature and local rhythms. Contact us in Belize at 501-832-2478
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My timid, yet brave 4 year old was a little too scared to attempt to fly through the canopy on a cable, yet she overcame her trepidation as she ventured into the one of the caves on site at Calico Jacks. My brave little daughter was rewarded with a feeling of pride and excitement as we cruised through the cave. There are ladders and tight spots complete with a place where you stand in total darkness if you are brave enough to attempt the adventure. The highlight of the cave for me was in fact standing in total darkness while the guide sang "Happy Birthday" to my little one. We also got to see some Mayan pottery and hear about legends of the offerings to the Mayan gods from our gifted guide. The path to the cave is found by taking a tour of the jungle along a path places you at the center of it's greatest appeal, the sights and sounds of the animals. We also went on a magnificent tour of the medicinal trail and learned about the values of the plants. This facility is cozy, secluded, and brings you into the heart of the jungle!

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I had a great time ziplining at Calico Jacks. I was given a tour of the resort and was met by two young men who took me on an adventure of a lifetime. It was my first time ziplining ( I am scared of heights) and they young boys made sure I felt safe and comfortable at all times. Besides ziplining there are several other activities to do at the resort. I wish I would have had more time to experience more of the place but I was only there for a few short hours. The owners of Calico Jack's take pride in their establishment. Visit this place it is amazing!!!!!! The staff/owners are great people!!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Was staying in San Ignacio and made the drive to Calico Jack's out in the jungle, it was impressive and really worth the drive. I've been ziplining once before and this was a really unique experience, well planned out course and one of the best ways to see above the jungle. The zip line stations were long, you can overlook the valley and jungle from some of the high platforms and on some of them you can really get some speed. For the 15 station ziplining we did a little bit of walking and took some bridges so got to see more of the jungle. I would def recommend doing the longer course.

The staff was really nice, their banana bread was awesome and it was a great value! I would definitley do it again in a heart beat and bring more friends! Make sure to have a beer at One Eyed Jacks at the end!

Reviewed June 17, 2012

I went today with my step dad and cousin. It was so much fun. The guys there were amazing. The two main guys were wonderful. I forgot their names but it starts with S for both. Everything was great. I would love to go back. Everyone who works there should get a bonus.

Love Stephanie Gonzalez(the American girl from Sacramento :) )

Reviewed June 11, 2012

This was my first time zip lining, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I had an awesome time. I was really scared (I am not a physically adventurous person), but the guides were really nice and helpful and clearly cared a lot about safety. Zip lining itself was incredibly fun and the views from the high lines were gorgeous.