“Great fun with Coral Breeze tours”
Review of Coral Breeze Tours

Coral Breeze Tours
Ranked #14 of 81 Tours in Belize City
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Our excursion was a fun-filled day of snorkeling over a reef, playing with rays and nurse sharks in chest deep water, and shopping and eating at Caye Caulker. We could not book this trip through Carnival Cruise lines, but this independent operator has a timely and safety-conscious excursion planned that all should enjoy. After leaving the Belize City port where Carnival docks, we took a 20 minute trip out to the Belize reef where we snokeled over reefs with great coral, moray eels, lobster, and schools of beautiful fish. Floatation devices make this activity easy for even the worst swimmers and relaxing for the rest. After the reef, we had a wild experience in shark and ray alley where the excursion staff (Mr. Biggs and Roy) would throw chum to the wildlife and we could stand on the sand in chest deep water playing with rays and nurse sharks. Before our day of fun had concluded, we visited the island of Caye Caulker to have lunch and do a little shopping. It is welll workth the $10 golf cart rental to see the entire small island before you leave. We were also back in plenty of time for the Carnival departure. Thanks much to the staff of Coral Breeze tours for a wonderful day.

2  Thank kcstreeters
There are newer reviews for Coral Breeze Tours

Reviewed April 27, 2012

We traveled to the Western Caribbean on the Carnival Dream in January. We had a group of 17 , with ages ranging from 4 to 83.

In Belize , we opted to divide our group up...the older people and young kids decided on the Coral Breezes tour to Bannister Island/Snorkeling with Mannatee Adventure.

We arrived at the very charming Wet Lizard bar to await our tour. The place is fantastic for photos , so many beautful colors. We waited awhile and got on our boat to go to Bannister Island.

Bannister Island is very beautful , but it was really crowded for a "private Island". We had a hard time getting a good place for us to lounge and relax together. Also , you really need water shoes to go in the water , as the bottom is very rocky.

Part of the group went snorkeling (including me). Very enjoyable. Beautful reefs and fish . We had a bit of choppy water , but it was fine.

The last part was the search for mannatees in the mangroves. No luck , and the sun was pretty darn strong. They served pineapple and watermelon , very refreshing. We saw some birds , a ray and a starfish , which they picked up and showed my son.

The staff of Coral Breezes was very kind and informative. A good day!

1  Thank brazilgirl
Reviewed April 2, 2012

My daughter and I had done a similar trip on a previous cruise so we opted to try this. I had read plenty of good reviews and it was what we were looking for but; WOW! the number of people that went on this excursion was too many!! People were getting kicked in the face and there was not much personalization. since there were 9 boats at the reef, it was hard to keep your group leader identified in the water. Lunch was a chaotic mess since there was no idea of who got what food. AND ladies there is ONE bathroom for use; be prepared!!
Better organization and less people would have made this an outstanding trip. We did get back in plenty of time for our tender in case anyone is worried about that aspect!

Reviewed March 19, 2012

We met at the Wet Lizard as instructed, gave our lunch order and paid the balance. We probably had around 30 mins to wait before our tour left (snorkelling, shark alley, Caye Caulker) as they sent off the manatee tour first.

The boat was full but there was room for everyone to sit under cover. The crew were very enthusiastic and knowledgeable and were clearly proud of their country. I liked the way they passed round photos of the fish we were due to see which passed the time on the 40 min ride to Caye Caulker. It was fast and quite bumpy but enjoyable.

We are fairly experienced snorkellers so the first part of the trip was the section I was dubious about after reading reviews. I did not want to be herded around in the water. But, it wasn’t like that at all. Although they wanted everyone to be together, we were in a LONG line and we stayed at the rear to avoid the crowd. There were 3 guides in the water with us directing and this was important as it got quite shallow in places and there was a fair swell and I didn’t want to be thrown against the coral. You have to go with the knowledge that there will be people of all snorkelling abilities on board, so they have to find a happy medium to cater for everyone.

Additionally, even though we had to wear life jackets, it was suggested that we wore them around the waist – so still acting as a safety measure but aiding snorkelling by not tipping you up or becoming uncomfortable as I’ve experienced previously.

Visibility was excellent and there was certainly plenty of sea life and little coral bleaching or damage.

After a quick trip back on the boat we arrived at the shark/ray area. Unlike a previous visit to Stingray City in Grand Cayman, we were alone and this seemed a much less staged attraction. In addition, there were also reef sharks measuring up to about 5 ft in length. The ray activity got quite frenzied and I think some people felt a bit uncomfortable at the number of them, but it was quite an experience floating there having rays and small sharks gliding below and next to you.

We were then dropped off at Caye Caulker for lunch and led to a little hotel right at the quay where we were served with the dish we had ordered earlier in the day. Hot and tasty food. I was glad we’d opted to include lunch at a small additional cost as it gave us more time to wander along the shore front amid the palm and mangrove trees before we had to reboard the boat back to Belize City.

We had a great day with Hammerhead Water Sports (for Coral Breezes) with Heni, James & Levon and I would definitely recommend this trip.

3  Thank TravelGav
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I very much enjoyed this experience. The guides were very concerned about our safety in the water and continuously checked on each of us as we were moving forward in the water. I was struggling with sore ankles and one guide let me tow on his life vest that he was dragging along just in case. There were tons of sharks and sting rays to see---very interesting. I saw lots of coral and tons of colorful fish. I can't say enough about the guides. Very friendly and courteous people. I would highly recommend this tour for beginners and people with children. They insisted on life vests which was fine with me. If you like to dive during snorkeling...you won't be able to because of the vests. They gave a very generous snack of chips and salsa and a huge container of fruit for all to share. No need to bring a lunch. Caye Caulker is neat. We met a Canadian who runs a pizza parlour. Rose Doiron

3  Thank Rosie D