Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great selection and friendly staff

Reviewed May 30, 2018
jcd1000
Nassau Bay, Texas
Amazing

Caribbean spices have the best sauces, marinades and spices. Tastes like the island in your own... read more

Reviewed April 25, 2018

from $175.00
from $70.00
from $125.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 30, 2018

This shop is in the Brown Sugar Market on the right as you enter the market. This is the same market where you catch the San Pedro Belize Express Water Taxi. We tried to get directions to Caribbean Spice from several locals who were very friendly but gave us wrong directions. Caribbean Spice is worth a visit.

Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

Caribbean spices have the best sauces, marinades and spices. Tastes like the island in your own home!!

Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

The woman we spoke to in Belize City was so kind and helpful. All of their flavors are AMAZING!! They taste so fresh and real.

Reviewed March 17, 2017

Seriously the only disappointment we had was that we didn't buy more before we left Belize. We picked it up in the airport as a gift for a friend and then ended up deciding to use it one night instead. When we rationed what we had bought for as long as we could and wept when we ran out. Then one day online I found you could order these beauties! I've never seen my husband more happy than the day they arrived. We'll be ordering more soon for friends and family since they're always asking what we use on things! Especially in our ceviche! It's great to have a little piece of what we now consider a second home (Belize) in our home in Missouri.

1  Thank kjm09621
Reviewed February 13, 2017

Locally made from local products, and I think I bought half of what she carries! Seriously, everything there will tempt you to try it and will not disappoint. So many amazing flavors that your head will be spinning with recipe ideas.

1  Thank clownfish0615
Reviewed December 31, 2016

Don't let the location make you think his is a 'tourist trap' - far from it - the owners are smart to park their little shop at one of the best foot-trafficked locations they could grab (their airport application has been in the works for almost two years). Honestly, I'd received a gift certificate of sorts from a local who recommended this place...and I was a little wary based on the location (the Brown Sugar Market cruise ship ferry gauntlet). I could not have been more wrong. Sharolyn and her partner Lizabeth have one of the best shops in all of Belize. Everything is made in Belize. All less than B$10. All natural - much of it by their families. They clearly know a lot about the flavor combinations they create. The shop is tiny so try to visit when there aren't a ton of other people around.

caribbeanspicebelize.com

1  Thank Lucsdad
Reviewed November 29, 2016 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were traveling from Ambergris Caye to Belize City on the water taxi, and stopped in the Caribbean Spice shop at the ferry terminal. They have a wonderful assortment of spices, oils, honey, sauces, vinegars, and beauty products. We got some lovely souvenirs that will let us cook at home and remember our taste of Belize. The owner was incredibly helpful and friendly. She let us sample different items and recommended a local restaurant (Nerie's) for lunch. The sell products in several locations in Belize City- including the airport gift shops. Definitely a product to look for if you're in search of all-natural spices, sauces, or seasonings or a local souvenir.

1  Thank Eric N
Reviewed November 23, 2016

I have not been to their store, however, there are stores who carry these amazing spices on Ambergris Caye, where we stay every year. I have personally tried the Taco Seasoning, Garlic Salt, Mayan Chocolate Coffee Spice, Caribbean Coffee Spice and Belize Season all. They are amazing!! The Belize Season all makes a pork tenderloin melt in your mouth. We are giving these spices as Christmas gifts this year!! Recommend everything, you won't be sorry!!

1  Thank Scully11
Reviewed June 15, 2016 via mobile

What amazing shop-they somehow found every unique product in Belize. Why don't more stores do this? The owner obviously works hard to make sure everything is locally, even the shelves and tables are handmade with gorgeous hardwoods. Kudos to whoever put this store together, the love shows through. Its a must stop for every tourist!!

1  Thank Laney S
Reviewed May 21, 2016

Arrived in Belize city today and down from the water taxi dock, I was greeted by a cheerful young woman who directed my husband and I to sample her homemade sauces and dips. Wow! From a sweet mango tamarind bbq sauce to a spicy chipotle dip, these gourmet sauces were awesome. She also has some of the best smelling creams, scrubs, bath oil and lotions. For some reason I put all the samples on my right hand (I think I was holding my luggage) and my right hand smelled and felt silky smooth for hours. I didnt feel forced or pushed into buying anything, but really enjoyed the knowledge of the products shared with me. Im gonna try to stop back before we return to the States..

1  Thank Rachelle P
caribrum, Owner at Caribbean Spice Belize, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2016

Rachel, Thank you so much for your review of our shop, it is the only way people really find our little shop! I am so glad you enjoyed your experience there. Hope yall have a wonderful vacation in Belize.