“Love is the main ingredient.”

Caribbean Spice Belize
Ranked #2 of 5 Shopping in Belize City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: This shop has a unique selection of almost 200 different Caribbean inspired condiments, cooking sauces, spices and hot sauces found no where else in the country all made with natural products with no preservatives. They are made with the freshest of Caribbean Spices & full of the flavors of Belize. The Belize habanero hot sauce collection is unmatched anywhere in the country with up to 20 different sauces depending on the time of year. There is also Belize's all natural bath and body products from Caribbean Skin. It has items from Chocolate Spiced Scrub, Yling Ylang body oil, Sea Grape or Mango Lotion. There's alot of taste samples and testers of body products. We are proud to have only Belizean Made Products, and the biggest selection of small business products found anywhere in Belize
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed May 1, 2015

I can say without a doubt that Caribbean Spice Belize is THE best specialty food store in the country.

As a confessed food snob and purveyor of all natural locally made products...I have tried just about everything there is to eat here...and Caribbean Spice Belize is on the top of my list in terms of taste...quality...and consistency.

There is nothing like eating something made with love. And in these products...love is the main ingredient.

From the vegetable cheese dip to the michelada mix to the pure vanilla extract...I want to keep my shelves stocked with what they've got.

2  Thank Jamaul

Reviewed May 1, 2015

After a brief look at the shelves, I realized I need to try everything. I was especially intrigued by the menchilada mix. I love this Belizean hangover cure. It is very easy to make with this mix. The habanero paste has become a staple in my kitchen. No more chopping the little buggers by hand. I just spoon it into my recipes that call for chile. The shop is charming and Sherilyn was very helpful. All in all a great experience in culinary shopping.

2  Thank Chap58
caribrum, Owner at Caribbean Spice Belize, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2016

So glad you enjoyed our little shop and you are enjoying our products! Thanks!~

Reviewed May 1, 2015 via mobile

My person favorite is habanero balsamic dressing! Next favorite would have to be the jalapeno sea salt and the list may go on forever there's nothing that I have not enjoyed! I'm going to try the barbecue sauce for the first time this weekend! But it's definitely worth stopping here. I know every person can find at least one thing they love!

3  Thank Paul V
caribrum, Owner at Caribbean Spice Belize, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2016

Thanks for the great review! So happy you enjoyed your trip to our store

Reviewed May 1, 2015 via mobile

I have tried several of these recently. Everything is excellent! Flavor combinations for every taste! All natural ingredients!

3  Thank hcopeland75
caribrum, Manager at Caribbean Spice Belize, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2016

Thanks for the great review!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 1, 2015

I've been a fan of Caribbean Spice for a while now. My first recommendation came from a local chef who told me that the garlic salt would never clump. Living in the tropics means that we have a lot of problems with 'clumping'. It was true, their garlic salt did not clump. I went on to try many of their other products and even become adventurous and trying new spices mixtures. My two current favourites are the five peppers and the cuban spice. I use Caribbean Spices exclusively now in all of my cooking because I simply haven't encountered any better. I was delighted to visit their new shop in Belize City recently as I'd only been able to purchase the spices at a premium on Ambergris Caye. Now I can pick up spices on my trips to the city and enjoy taking my time browsing a shop truly heaven for anyone who loves cooking.

3  Thank collyk

Thanks for the great review!