“Awesome Thanksgiving Day!”

$68.00*
and up
Saint Herman's cave hiking Blue hole swimming national park tour
More attraction details
Owner description: CaveTubing is one of the most unique and exciting adventures offered in Belize, and for those who have never experienced it, now is the time to try it out! We also offer other adventures such as the zipline, mayan ruins, Belize zoo etc.Explore Belize Caves makes your cave tubing experience one to remember, taking you through two large caves, trekking through the Mayan Jungle, and offering fantastic one-on-one interaction with your knowledgeable tour guide. With Explore Belize Caves, you can be sure you won't be herded from one place to the next with a large tour group. You'll be in a small group headed by a friendly tour guide who can't wait to help you experience everything! Your trip will be enjoyable from the start, when you meet our guide just outside of terminal one at the cruise port. From there, you'll be taken to the caves in a comfortable air-conditioned van, learning fun facts about Belize on the way! Your tour guide will be with you from the time you leave the port until you return, and will help to make the excursion a memorable one.
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Our family had a blast! Although we were arriving on the Carnival Magic, I booked ahead of time through their website. I paid the $20 deposit through Paypal. We were met right outside of the terminal by Eric. Since we have to take a tender from the ship to land, be sure to get on the first one your ship offers. Our van included our family of four and one other family of four. We drove for about an hour. Eric was very friendly and spoke to us about the culture of Belize. He was very gracious in answering all of our questions. We were one of the first groups to arrive which was great. We beat the other excursions so we didn't have to wait in a line to zip line. Zip lining was so much fun. Then we got our swim shoes on and swim suits for cave tubing. We locked up all of our belongings in the van. Eric was our guide for the tubing part. We did have to walk our tubes which is quite a hike. Luckily, our kids were able to carry their own. We had such a blast, and we would do it again in a hearbeat!

1  Thank Kim H
There are newer reviews for Cave Tubing & Zip Line with Explore Belize Caves

Reviewed December 1, 2013

First off we contacted these guys because we were concerned about the age of our group: ages 5 to 70. They assured us everyone could participate and they delivered. We arrived in Belize after some serious rain and could not go cave tubing. Our guide, Eric, was not the normal 'pressure the tourist' person. Cave tubing and zip lining was a previously agreed amount of $87/pp. Since tubing was off we agreed on a $60/pp for zip lining. Honestly, I think we could have very easily gone $45-$50/pp but totally worth every penny in the end. Eric drove us to the zip line. Quiet on the way there. He joined Biron and the two were our guides and catchers while zipping. I would NEVER trust someone with my 5 year old, 175 feet above the rainforest, in a foreign country, unless I was totally convinced he was safe. He was. (My Mother in law? Yeah...) They explain the safety which is 2 separate lines - 5 separate things would have to fail for you to fall. You are safe. Biron got my 70 year old MIL up those trees and down a zip with ease. On the way back it was life changing. We told Eric to stop where HE would have lunch. He stopped at some roadside hut (seriously tarp on sticks with rusted hut plate, hut) and we got rice&beans, chicken, and potato salad. O. M. G. We got beer and munchies at the local shoppe and ate/drank the whole way back. Our week long cruise and this is the highlight of at least 4 of us. Food was incredible, zipping was insane, and hospitality was great.
Don't be fooled. You are going to be shocked when you see the extreme conditions people life in on the way to zip: no roof, no running water, no walls. And when you walk in the store and see eggs out, for sale, in 95 degrees an 99% humidity. It's a different culture. Take it in, eat their food, and enjoy the country. You will not regret it. Best day trip from the cruise ship ever.

1  Thank Macy S
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Recently my husband and I traveled to Belize on the Liberty Of The Sea. When we arrived from the tender in the pouring rain, we were met by Gilbert Perez, unfortunately due to the weather, our tour for the Zip line was canceled and the caves were flooded so we decided to go to the Altun Ha ruins. Gilbert was wonderful, he took us for a tour of the city, he is so knowledgeable and made our day a complete turn around. We went from adventure to history! I would definitely recommend CCT tours.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

For the record, my rating is on the customer service aspect of this attraction as opposed to the actual excursion experience.

Prior to our ship's arrival in Belize, all the passengers were told that the shore excursion for zip lines and cave tubing were being canceled due to heavy rains in Belize. Before the ship left Tampa, I had sent a deposit to Dennis via Pay Pal in anticipation of doing the trip with his crew. When we did tender into port, I sought out his excursion rep to let them know what we had heard. They agreed that the government had closed the cave tubing activity. I asked them about my deposit and they said I would need to contact Dennis.

When I arrived back home, I sent an email to Dennis requesting that my deposit be returned. More than a week has passed with no response from Dennis. (When I booked, he was very prompt to reply). Just wanted to pass on to others that if you send a deposit and the activity is closed, you may not get your deposit back promptly.

Follow-up: Mysteriously a deposit from Dennis was made to my Pay Pal account shortly after my original post on Trip Advisor. I did get a notice from TA that someone had tried to modify / delete my original post, but was prevented from doing so.

I would give this excursion another try if we end up on a cruise that stops in Belize.

1  Thank TB_Paul
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This was a great excursion booked before we departed on the Carnival Liberty cruise. I booked online beforehand for the 4 of us and just like a previous review, Dennis called that evening from Belize to take my reservation. I put down $20 with the balance to be paid in cash when we met in Belize ($87/pp included lunch and rum punch). We met Eric at the dock (not Dennis) and was just full of joy and had a great personality. The ride took about an hour but Eric just kept us entertained. Once we got to the location for zip lining first, I would HIGHLY recommend using insect repellent. There were 7 zip lines with the last 2 over a river. Just great. Afterwards, we changed in our swimsuits and expect a half hour walk with your float tube before starting the cave tubing. Once there, Eric tied our float tubes together and floated down the river through the cave. Just totally RELAXING. What a different point of view. The cave tubing took about an hour and I wished it was longer. Very enjoyable. Once done, we changed back into dry clothes and had a local lunch that was super - the plantains were the best. This excursion is for all ages.

1  Thank Eclmcl