“Deposit Refund Delays”

$85.00*
and up
Belize Cave Tubing and Zipline Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: CaveTubing is one of the most unique and exciting adventures offered in Belize, and for those who have never experienced it, now is the time to try it out! We also offer other adventures such as the zipline, mayan ruins, Belize zoo etc.Explore Belize Caves makes your cave tubing experience one to remember, taking you through two large caves, trekking through the Mayan Jungle, and offering fantastic one-on-one interaction with your knowledgeable tour guide. With Explore Belize Caves, you can be sure you won't be herded from one place to the next with a large tour group. You'll be in a small group headed by a friendly tour guide who can't wait to help you experience everything! Your trip will be enjoyable from the start, when you meet our guide just outside of terminal one at the cruise port. From there, you'll be taken to the caves in a comfortable air-conditioned van, learning fun facts about Belize on the way! Your tour guide will be with you from the time you leave the port until you return, and will help to make the excursion a memorable one.
St. Petersburg, Florida
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Deposit Refund Delays”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

For the record, my rating is on the customer service aspect of this attraction as opposed to the actual excursion experience.

Prior to our ship's arrival in Belize, all the passengers were told that the shore excursion for zip lines and cave tubing were being canceled due to heavy rains in Belize. Before the ship left Tampa, I had sent a deposit to Dennis via Pay Pal in anticipation of doing the trip with his crew. When we did tender into port, I sought out his excursion rep to let them know what we had heard. They agreed that the government had closed the cave tubing activity. I asked them about my deposit and they said I would need to contact Dennis.

When I arrived back home, I sent an email to Dennis requesting that my deposit be returned. More than a week has passed with no response from Dennis. (When I booked, he was very prompt to reply). Just wanted to pass on to others that if you send a deposit and the activity is closed, you may not get your deposit back promptly.

Follow-up: Mysteriously a deposit from Dennis was made to my Pay Pal account shortly after my original post on Trip Advisor. I did get a notice from TA that someone had tried to modify / delete my original post, but was prevented from doing so.

I would give this excursion another try if we end up on a cruise that stops in Belize.

1 Thank TB_Paul

Thousand Oaks, California
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Awesome zip lining, cave tubing, & lunch in Belize”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This was a great excursion booked before we departed on the Carnival Liberty cruise. I booked online beforehand for the 4 of us and just like a previous review, Dennis called that evening from Belize to take my reservation. I put down $20 with the balance to be paid in cash when we met in Belize ($87/pp included lunch and rum punch). We met Eric at the dock (not Dennis) and was just full of joy and had a great personality. The ride took about an hour but Eric just kept us entertained. Once we got to the location for zip lining first, I would HIGHLY recommend using insect repellent. There were 7 zip lines with the last 2 over a river. Just great. Afterwards, we changed in our swimsuits and expect a half hour walk with your float tube before starting the cave tubing. Once there, Eric tied our float tubes together and floated down the river through the cave. Just totally RELAXING. What a different point of view. The cave tubing took about an hour and I wished it was longer. Very enjoyable. Once done, we changed back into dry clothes and had a local lunch that was super - the plantains were the best. This excursion is for all ages.

1 Thank Eclmcl
Palm Coast, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Dennis's crew is the best!”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Our Cave adventure was a 50th. Anniversary gift from our Daughter and Son-in-Law. it was awesome, Eric and Luis had our tubes waiting for us where the tubing started, we didn't have to carry our tubes like the other companies customers had to. The walk is about 45 min., but very interesting, the guides told us all about the cave and area as we walked along. They also told us interesting things about the foliage along the way, although the path is a little rocky the time went fast, thanks to the entertaining patter of Eric and Luis. My wife, "Precious" is 68 and I am 74, if we can do it, most people should also be able. We didn't do the zip line, but watched our kids, they had a ball. Much thanks to Luis and Eric for the great time had by all.

1 Thank dclsr
Cookeville, Tennessee
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Explore belize caves with Challenge tours”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Great excursion! We booked this tour ourselves instead of with the cruise line. Our group had a blast with Dennis and Eric. The zip lines were awesome and the cave tubing was relaxing and informational. It was beautiful floating down through the rain forest. Our kids 12 y/o and 10 y/o loved both. FYI: if you're not use to physical exertion this might be a little taxing for you. A couple of ladies in our group were quite winded from the hike to the cave and climbing with the zip lines yet they did complete it. It was also great not having to carry our tubes for the 30 min walk to the cave. Other companies had their patrons carry their tubes and ours were waiting for us near the cave.

4 Thank Dana C
Mustang, Oklahoma
“Amazing even for a 4yr old and 7yr old!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Eric was are guide during our cave tubing adventure. We were the only clients that day (another couple was a no show). I was nervous not using the ships excursions especially since it was just me and my kids (age 4 and 7). However, I should not have worried at all. Eric was a great guide. He was excellent with the kids and made the hike through the rainforest interesting for them. I liked that we didn't have to carry our tubes on the long walk. My parents were on a ship excursion and we saw them repelling and Eric let us wait on them. So, we got to follow behind their group through the cave. Eric had an amazing light that allowed us to see everything and my kids and I didn't have to mess with the light (or losing it). My parents even made a comment that we had the better guide. Next time we come to Belize we will definitely be using this company. I can not say enough great things about them.