“Fun time with Eric & Dale”

Cave Tubing & Zip Line with Explore Belize Caves
$68.00*
and up
Saint Herman's cave hiking Blue hole swimming national park tour
More attraction details
Owner description: CaveTubing is one of the most unique and exciting adventures offered in Belize, and for those who have never experienced it, now is the time to try it out! We also offer other adventures such as the zipline, mayan ruins, Belize zoo etc.Explore Belize Caves makes your cave tubing experience one to remember, taking you through two large caves, trekking through the Mayan Jungle, and offering fantastic one-on-one interaction with your knowledgeable tour guide. With Explore Belize Caves, you can be sure you won't be herded from one place to the next with a large tour group. You'll be in a small group headed by a friendly tour guide who can't wait to help you experience everything! Your trip will be enjoyable from the start, when you meet our guide just outside of terminal one at the cruise port. From there, you'll be taken to the caves in a comfortable air-conditioned van, learning fun facts about Belize on the way! Your tour guide will be with you from the time you leave the port until you return, and will help to make the excursion a memorable one.
Stevensville, Maryland
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Fun time with Eric & Dale”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We did this tour last November and had a great time. The only downfall is that if you only have a day in Belize like we did, via cruise ship, this is basically the only thing you're going to do that day due to drive & tour time. It was fun though and Eric and Dale made the ride in the van more than enjoyable..lots of history & information about their country. We originally booked with another tour operator, but the day of the tour, our operator had an emergency to tend to, so Dennis met us at the meeting spot outside the port area with our names on the White Board he was carrying, explained the situation, and put us with his tour. Very nice, very professional, and we though it was very proactive of another provider to take us on without us even knowing! We liked stopping at the local market for refreshments and snacks (try the Belikan stout beer)...yeah, we're pretty sure the group with us wasn't thrilled we were sampling the local brew at 10am, but oh well. Definitely wear waterproof shoes you can walk in since you're hiking through the jungle to get to the caves. It's a very pretty trail, and even though it was overcast, we got great pictures. The caves were fun, and Eric and Dale gave a great tour. The tubes they have a very very nice with a backrest and everything. We saw some other tours that were using black innertubes and the group had to lock up with each other feet under armpits to stay together. Our tubes were all tied together with rope, so no armpit /foot stink was traded, haha. The caves are neat to see, lots of different formations, but it is definitely more of a "lazy river" kind of tubing, no real thrills here. There is a waterfall within the cave and that is neat to see. My favorite part of the cave was near the end where the cave starts to open up and you can see the outside and it looks so green! Eric and Dale showed us where, if you had booked the cruise ship's tour, where your tour would end & you'd be herded back to the bus, etc. We floated on down the river to where we had originally crossed to begin the hike. It was nice to be outside and just floating along in the shallow, clear water. We got back to the van and waited around for the other people in the tour to buy whatever they were buying. Seriously, there's nothing really there, besides the usual tourist junk and a restaurant. We were kind of peeved at this point because they were taking quite a long time (about 45 mins) and we were hungry and wanted to eat something because the restaurant at the caves had a long wait time. When everyone arrived back at the van, we found out they they didn't buy anything, they just didn't want to go back to the port right away! Wow, thanks for your consideration! We stopped at the little market on the way back and bought more beers and some cashew wine, as well as some snacks. We ended up sharing the snacks with the kids in the other group because this was an all day type trip and there was no lunch included. We had just enough time to get back to the port and get in line for the last tender back to the ship, thanks to the other group. Overall, I would recommend this tour to anyone wanting to cave tube in Belize because of the service and experience we had with Eric & Dale. Next time we are there, we will probably choose to do something else, since this is kind of a "one & done" type attraction.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Karissa S

Greeley, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome time”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We visited Belize on June 4, 2013. I have to say that Dennis and his group of people are excellent. We had an amazing time. Just as he said, he was waiting at the port with his assistant Eric at 8:30 in the morning. We walked out of the port and right on to his van where Eric took our group and another group to the the cave entrance. Eric was awesome, he told us about the area as we drove to the excursion. At the start of the excursion we met up with Dennis and the other 2 people he picked up. Upon arrival, Eric and Dennis decided to take us tubing first and then to the zip line. He did this because the other tours had not arrived yet and we had the entire river to ourselves, this was so cool. We were lucky enough to have higher then average water (still very low moving). The cave was really cool, the history and the formations were pretty cool too. Once we finished the tubing we were able to jump from some rocks into the river. Just as we were finishing the other cruise tours were just arriving. So I know they did not have a tour compared to what we had. After the tubing we went to the zip line. Here we met up with Roberto and Rasta Man (Glenn). Sorry I took you our Glenn, next time I will use the breaks!!!! They were our guides on the zip line. I have to say they are amazing. We had a group of 5, my parents (both afraid of heights), my daughter who is 6 and my husband and I who had no problems with the zip line. They were so good, they made it fun, exciting and we felt so safe with them. I honestly can't wait to go back for Dennis and the other guys tours. Also, make sure they stop at the "village", we were able to purchase local beer and some oreos for $5.00. This goes well with the rum punch they provided. Other important information: buffet lunch in $5.00 (really good food), bring bug spray. Thank you Dennis, Eric and the staff at the Zip Line, you will forever have us as your customers!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Matt33454
Portland, Oregon
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Absolutely Do It Again!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

It begun as a challenge by my daughter and her boyfriend. Although I had zip-lined in Whistler, Canada over the Frasier River, I wasn't so sure about doing so in a third world country. However, I wasn't about to let my twenty something daughter show me up. Climbing the stairs was fairly easy, getting to the edge of the station was a bit more challenging. Realizing that the brake was your right hand behind your head, I began to inspect the equipment a little bit more closely. Definitely a change from other zip lines I had been on in the past. Once I had taken the leap out over the jungle, I was hooked. Literally. It appeared the lines and equipment would hold and I enjoyed swinging through the trees.

Prior to the ride through the jungle, we trekked through trees, along the river. Other groups were stopping sooner along the way and I often thought, why were we continuing on? It was hot and the perspiration was beginning to accumulate. Bugs were definitely enjoying the sweet smell and I was beginning to tire. Our guide Daniel from Tanisha EcoTours kept reassuring us we would be happy we had taken the time to go the extra mile. Finally, at the top of a cliff we stopped. The view down on the white green pool of water was beautiful. And so refreshing as we jumped in on our tubes. Nobody else was in site. Obviously, Daniel cared enough to make sure we would be happy with our ride down the river. Slooshing or rather gliding our way through caves, under trees, and into pools, it was a refreshing and absolutely beautiful site! Daniel made sure to stop along the way for my daughter, her boyfriend, and others to jump off the cliffs and enjoy a few respites' along the river.

The memory of the zip line and cave tubing was so wonderful, I was sure to take a friend on my next trip down. Although we had a different guide and zipped through the trees at the 'other' location, the day was enjoyable just the same. We joined a group from the Palapa Bar and had a wonderful time. Well worth the adventure.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank 2OldSalts
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This was one of our excursions from our cruise, and it took about an hour to get there from Belize City. It was so worth it! The Zip lining was not scary at all and was an absolute fantastic experience. The cave tubing was great after the zip lining. The water felt great and the tour guide does all the work paddling, so you just sit there and relax. Very highly recommended!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Hachoggin
Merritt Island, Florida
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“You can't beat this tour”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Working with Denis was a breeze. We had several changes leading up to our trip which he took care of in stride. We were met right out side the cruise terminal as promised. We were a group of 8 and Denis put us with Eric who would be our driver and guide. What an awesome guy. This was a great trip. We got to see so much more than the cruise tours, were given personal attention and didn't even have to carry our tubes to the starting point. They went ahead of us and were inflated at the starting point and waiting for us when we got there. Highly recommend!

Visited May 2013