We stayed at The Belcove because I wanted something close to the water taxi. It's definitely in an excellent location. I also found the staff friendly and helpful, and the balcony overlooking the canal was peaceful and quiet. The room itself was fine for us since we only needed somewhere to sleep one night before heading to Caye Caulker. Although on the small side, especially the bathroom, it had a fridge and AC, and enough room for us and our stuff. Overall I was very happy with the Belcove. I do agree with the others though that it's a rough neighbourhood. We didn't feel safe when we went down to the end of the block to grab some street food as the sun was going down. I'm sure it would be fine during the day but as the darkness rolled in, so did some creepy characters!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belcove Hotel, located in the very center of downtown Belize City, with a view of the Hallover Creek and the famous Swing Bridge, welcomes you to its friendly, comfortable and cozy atmosphere. This family owned and operated business, offers you the very best in personal comfort that makes each of our guests feel like a V.I.P indeed. Our clean, comfortable rooms offer you the choice of a budget or deluxe rate accommodation of your choice in single, double or triple occupancy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Belcove Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belcove Hotel Belize City
- Belcove Hotel Belize/Belize City