“Enjoyable one night stay”
Review of Belcove Hotel

and 1 more site!
Belcove Hotel
Ranked #9 of 26 Belize City B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed in Belize City just for the night before our morning flight. The Belcove was the perfect spot for us. Staff was incredibly friendly, and the room was very clean (the sheets even smelled like laundry), and the bed was comfortable. We opted for the shared bathroom, which was cleaner than most and had hot water in the shower.

Skip the restaurant next door if you are looking for a spot for dinner - it was well below par.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tcldenver

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have been traveling back and forth to Belize since 2000 I will be there again this Christmas!!!
Belcove has always been safe, Friendly and Helpful. Its located in a very central area of the City to where one can actually do business or just hang out in the back of the hotel watching the the flow of the river as the boats pass by. I love this.!
Coffee is always available every morning, rooms are clean at reasonable prices. I have also parked out water taxi D-Battomline at their dock. Usually I am on my way to Dangriga but love staying there for a nite or two. I have been there solo as well as with my partner.
From there you have access to the other boats that go to other cayes.

Room Tip: Room 14 is my favorite, it has a private bathroom and it is close to the View of the River.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank DelilahHolman
Reviewed October 30, 2012

It is safe, friendly, close to the water taxi, staff is always more than helpful. If you are traveling around Belize this will be your best hotel for the money. Have stayed here several times and will be back. Rooms are clean and comfortable. it's not the Raddison, but if that is what you are looking for go to the Raddison and pay much more.

Room Tip: I have managed to get the same room each time I stay there with no complaints from me or my friends...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank captnron99
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed five days in October. The place is well cared for and the rooms are spotless and comfortable. The rear of the hotel is on the river. Brewed coffee every morning in the lobby was a bonus after a month of mostly instant. Hard working staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We were staying in a double bed room for one nigth. The rooms were clean and the service was great and freindly!!! A good place to stay before you continue..is a very recomended when you are heading to the island-near the taxi boat

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Yosi N
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the cheap room on the street side. As other reviewers mentioned it is a shady looking area but is about on par with the rest of the city and most of Central America. It is at a very convenient location close to the swing bridge and were the water taxes take you to Caye Caulker, which I recommend, and San Pedro. The staff was very friendly and gave excellent recommendations on seafood restaurants. We tried Birds Isle which was delicious and fresh. I would have given this place 4 stars except they did not clean our room on the second day, a few tiles were missing from our shower and the nob to turn the hot water was missing. You could still turn on the hot water, of which there was plenty, but it was just a post sticking out of the wall and was a little tricky to turn. Would definitely considering staying here again but only for one night on my way to the Cayes. There is very little to see in Belize City.

Room Tip: I recommend asking for a room with A/C. It's worth it in hot humid Belize.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SusieQMa
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I love this place, I have stayed here many times and my experience is always great. The staff is great and they are very professional, it's accessible to key points of town, if you need restaurant or you need to catch a boat, it's easy to do from here

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family