I assume most travelers who find themselves in Belize City are on their way somewhere else. As such, the Belcove offers clean, secure rooms (we stayed in a budget room) with wifi, television and air conditioning less than a five-minute walk from the water taxi (to the cayes) and bus stations.
The restaurant next door to the hotel does justice to fish with rice and peas, and, if the crowd of sometimes boisterous locals gathered at the door doesn't deter you, there's a convenience store at the end of the block. The neighborhood is . . . colorful, bordering on seedy. We only ventured out once at night -- for dinner at the Smoky Mermaid, about 1 km away -- but were glad to have taken a cab.
We never felt unsafe in the neighborhood around the Belcove, but there are probably some travelers who might (possibly with good reason). The hotel is secure, clean, convenient and offers extremely good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belcove Hotel, located in the very center of downtown Belize City, with a view of the Hallover Creek and the famous Swing Bridge, welcomes you to its friendly, comfortable and cozy atmosphere. This family owned and operated business, offers you the very best in personal comfort that makes each of our guests feel like a V.I.P indeed. Our clean, comfortable rooms offer you the choice of a budget or deluxe rate accommodation of your choice in single, double or triple occupancy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Belcove Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belcove Hotel Belize City
- Belcove Hotel Belize/Belize City