Seaside Guest House
$212
$202
Priceline
  • Pool
Black Orchid Resort(Burrell Boom)
$125
$207
$201
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 13, 2014

When we got there, it was some time in the afternoon, and we were greeted by a drunk {owner?] named Mitch. He took us upstairs to our room. I'm pretty sure the bed was made from plywood, and the sheets were probably never washed. There were a variety of stains, but the paper-thin walls were a nice distraction. This way, we could hear Mitch's hissy-fits - a nice, homey touch. We were famished, so we sought food, but Mitch insisted that we stay and eat with them. Another worker came back with rice and beans (we ended paying $10 for it, when we could have gone out and got it for cheaper). As we ate, Mitch ranted to us, making us feel very intimidated. I felt that he was the kind of person who pressures people into saying exactly what he wants them to say to him. He was also very physical, which made us that more eager to leave. His presence was very unsettling. I don't know how they keep visitors overnight. Everyone else seemed really nice, and they could have a nice establishment, but it needs to be cleaned - both of unsettling people and excess dust and clutter.

Room Tip: Just don't choose a room here. Go to the Cayes!!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank wanderingfeet24
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Expensive, dirty, full of animals and strange people. We packed all our staff as soon as possible early in the morning (after spending the night wtching out for mouse and cucarachas) and run away from that horrible place.
Just don't go there.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank maria m
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

The worst place ever, dirty and with mice/rats and all kind of insects. The rooms are overpriced, with dirty sheet and not really clean bathroom. Dorms are so small you cannot even move. The only positive thing is the kindness of the lady who runs the place.
Stay away from the seaside guesthouse!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank simonka81
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Don't bother going there.

1) bedbugs.
2) weird drunk people coming in at any hour of the day/night, yelling weird things
3) the staff smokes (cigarettes) in the "main area" (ie: 1 meter from your room)
4) no hot water
5) pricey for what you get (which is basically, [--])
6) really uncomfortable bed
7) smelly sheets, they smelled as if they had no been washed for 2 years

Belize city itself sucks, don't bother stopping there at all, go directly to the Cayes, the jungle, placentia, or anywhere else.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Reached the place for a weekend off from my working routine.

I was treated kindly and had a good time . I was travelling alone and I could share time with the people working there - this is something you don't usually get.

the place is safe - if you're concerned about safety, ask them to hold your stuff in their locker - I asked them to put things in&out many times and they promptly helped.

I was near the airport and able to reach the reef to have a swim in one hour. Without knowing a thing about Belize and Belize city, I had the luck of having a good time and REBOOT from my everyday life in a clean safe urban environment.

enjoy your staying at Seaside Guesthouse ... and if you're looking for a Hotel, look for an Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo