“Hol Chan Marine Park & Shark Ray Alley with Sea Sports Belize”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sea Sports Belize

Sea Sports Belize
More attraction details
Owner description: Sea Sports Belize offers daily diving and snorkeling trips to visit Belize's most popular reefs along the Belize Barrier Reef, Turneffe and Lighthouse Atolls. Our Wildlife Encounter tours are also very popular with families and our fishing charters popular with anglers! Come see Belize with us for the day, or spend a week with us exploring more of Belize! Scuba instruction is also available. We do it with LOVE!
Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Hol Chan Marine Park & Shark Ray Alley with Sea Sports Belize”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

We visited Belize city on a cruise in March and had prebooked a snorkelling trip through SeaSports. Linda was always professional and helpful in answering my questions via email. Upon arrival Seasports is just a short walk from the ship dock. We arrived, got forms completed and then waited awhile for our group to assemble. Some of our passengers were divers so we were a bit delayed in getting started as equipment had to be checked and loaded. The boat was a large open motor boat with a sun canopy - so nothing fancy. If you get seasick take heed and use seasickness medication as the trip was rather bouncy. I was anticipating a 45 minute trip tot he marine park but it ended up taking alot longer ..... more like 90 minutes which was a very long time in a small boat and I was glad it was not sunny.

Upon arrival at the Marine Park we got our snorkel gear on and our guide took us on a snorkel tour which was fabulous. It was worth the ride as I got to see lots of very colourful and interesting fish including two very large black rays with white spots. The variety of fish and corals was amazing and well worth the journey. We were given lunch on board which consisted of a rice and bean dish and chicken which was very tasty. Drinks were also on board including water and pop. The next stop was a 20 min ride to Shark Ray Alley. This was less impressive but there were lots of nurse sharks and small rays. It was quite choppy at that location and there was a current so most of us did not stay in the water for too long.

We then made the almost 2 hour boat ride back to the mainland in plenty of time to catch our ship. If I had to do it over again, I likely would have spent all my time at the Marine Park and skipped the Shark/Ray alley. I also would have considered doing a dive rather than snorkelling.

I would definitely recommend Seasports. Their guides were very knowledgeable and professional. They ensure that everyone was taken care of and were able to assist with equipment.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Satie37

Mobile, Alabama
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Murky day but GREAT dive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

We booked with Sea Sports and dove with them on April 23rd. Our dive master was Eli and Captain was Paul. These guys are GREAT and knowledgeable. Part of our group snorkeled while the majority of us dove. They took our group in separate boats and we met for lunch, which was an Island favorite. We had the option of going onto the beach or anchoring with the possibility of spotting Manatees. We chose Manatees, and that was successful. Eli is energetic and very knowledgeable of the area. I would definitely recommend this dive operation. Short walk from the tender terminal for cruisers.

Water was murky but the visibility was still around 80' which is still great.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Freddy T
Brandon, Mississippi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Low viz diving, but good operation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in Belize on Carnical Conquest. Booked with this dive op and had a great experience with the group, we just had poor visibility. They took us to a pier where they served us homemade lunch. The dive master was very knowledgable about the sea life and pointed out several fish I have never seen.

Visited February 2013
Salem, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic Safe Dive Shop - Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

My brother and I dove with Sea Sports Belize on April 3rd 2013. We booked this trip on our own several weeks before before arriving on Norwegian Cruise lines since Norwegian did not offer any port excursions that involved scuba diving. I am a former scuba dive instructor from New England Massachusetts and in my opinion the level of professionalism was excellent and started with my initial communication with Linda. She answered my emails promptly and answered all my questions. Linda sent a very detailed direct map of how to get to the shop from the ship so there was no problem walking there even with all of our gear. When we got to the shop my brother noticed that he needed a new mouthpiece on his regulator which the dive shop was quickly able to install a new one. Our dive master was excellent in that he fully explained our dive plan at each site and reviewed how we were to communicate remaining air left. The boats were small but fast. Back roll into water - no problem and quite easy. We were only 5 divers on board. Upon exiting the Captain was right there to help lift your weights, then all your gear, then fins out of the water (which I prefer un-gearing in the water) enabling an unencumbered climb up the ladder. At the surface interval we pulled up to a deserted beach which was amazing. The water was a surreal color of blue. (check out their Facebook page for my video post of this 360 view of the beach) We had a great hearty lunch included in the price of the dive which was delicious. Then another great second dive and then back to the shop. The dive master washed out our gear for us without even asking and even had someone from the shop go make a run for us to a nearby store for a six pack of some local bottled beer when we remarked that the only thing that would make this day better would be a cold beer! The captain offered to bring us back to the tender dock which we greatly appreciated! Tip these guys well... they work hard to make it a great day! I highly recommend this professional scuba operation and would definitely dive with them again! Email me with any questions.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Safetystop
Cibolo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Sea Sports Belize dive operation from cruise ship”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I dove with Sea Sports on March 20, 2013. I was on the Princess cruise ship Crown Princess and I arranged this dive trip on my own apart from the ship's excursion. Everything worked very well and I had no problems with arrival at the shop or departure to the ship. Specifically, you have to take a tender from the cruise ship to the dock. Try to be there by 9 am so arrange to get on the appropriate tender. The walk to the shop is less than 5 minutes and it is easy to find. We did the usual paper work drill, got required gear then loaded onto the boat. I took all my gear except wts and tanks. We arrived too late in Belize to make the Blue Hole (departure about 6 am from shop to Blue Hole) so the dive areas we visited were closer. We took a smaller boat, 28', 8 divers plus one bubble watcher. Accomodations on boat a bit cramped with limited shelter from sun and limited space to keep things dry so try to limit items you don't want to get wet or bring a dry bag. Captain (Tony) and dive guide (John) helped with gear up. You then do a back roll into the water. John was a terrific guide; very conscientious of each person's air consumption and total air. He also did a great job of spotting things for us. Tony did a great job too. Getting into boat you have to take off all gear, hand it to Tony then climb up the ladder. For surface interval we went to St. George's Caye and had lunch provided by the dive shop; very tasty plus a bottle of soda. Then out for another dive. Upon return to the dock they will either take you to the shop where you can rinse gear or if behind on time they'll drop you off at dock near tenders (we did the second option). Overall, an excellent operation and great diving although the vis that day was only 50' (still better than I'm used to).

Visited March 2013