“Great dive with SeaSports in Belize”
Review of Sea Sports Belize

Sea Sports Belize
More attraction details
Owner description: Sea Sports Belize offers daily diving and snorkeling trips to visit Belize's most popular reefs along the Belize Barrier Reef, Turneffe and Lighthouse Atolls. Our Wildlife Encounter tours are also very popular with families and our fishing charters popular with anglers! Come see Belize with us for the day, or spend a week with us exploring more of Belize! Scuba instruction is also available. We do it with LOVE!
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Four of us booked a two tank dive before a visit to Belize on our cruise ship. Booking was easy, and the dive shop was easy to find from the dock. John was a fantastic divemaster, with a local's knowledge and love of the reefs near St. George's Caye. The dive was limited to 8, and the lunch with a view from the Caye was a highlight of the trip. John and the boat captain were very aware of our departure time, and had us on the cruise trip dock with plenty of time to have a few beers and relax.

We would recommend John and SeaSports to anyone, especially those wishing to avoid the cruise ship cattle boat excursions.

All reviews
"fishing camp"
in 3 reviews
"lobster"
in 14 reviews
"hol chan marine reserve"
in 6 reviews
"private island"
"the reefs"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed December 24, 2012

My husband and I booked a dive trip through Sea Sports Belize after the excursions from our cruise ship filled up. They were able to communicate with me easily by email, and I booked with them the same day, just one week before our arrival to Belize. They provide a step-by-step map to their shop as well. We booked a two-tank dive, and had a small group, 6-8 divers each dive. The dive masters were knowledgeable and quick to point out any cool fish- we have a Go Pro and got some good pics, will try to add later. AND they provided us with bottled water, bottled sodas, and a large lunch in between our dives that was DELICIOUS. I was excited to have some local food, which you often have to miss out on if you book with a ship excursion. They conveniently dropped us off at the dock where our ship would be, and we had some time to take a look around the shops before boarding the transport back to our ship. I absolutely recommend them to anyone heading to Belize!

2  Thank Amanda C
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We're so glad we snorkeled with Sea Sports Belize! We really appreciated the personalized attention of the small group (three snorkelers), as opposed to a larger number with the cruise ship. Our snorkeling guide, Hakim, was very knowledgeable and considerate. He led us around the reef, pointing out especially interesting sights. The reef is in beautiful condition--Lots of living coral and a wide variety of fish, as well as moray eels and turtles. (We've snorkeled in Tahiti and Fiji, so our standards are high!) After about an hour, we moved on to Shark Ray Alley, where we swam with nurse sharks! It was exciting to touch their leathery skin. All in all, a great day of snorkeling! We highly recommend Sea Sports Belize. They are a very professional, well-run company and provide an outstanding experience!

2  Thank Annette S
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We had originally booked a tour with another outfit, but due to lack of participation, they cancelled us just 3 days before our cruise! I e-mailed SeaSports and Linda got back to me almost immediately. She said they have a dive group from our cruise ship, but they could add us with a snorkel guide and use the same boat. The SeaSports office is a short 5 minute walk from the cruise terminal and clearly marked. We were fitted for the snorkel gear had a short wait while the divers checked their gear. A half hour boat ride to what once was an island and we were dropped off with our guide Felicana. The divers left for the outside of the reef. The water was a little rough, but Feliciana took good care of me and let my husband do his own thing. After about 1.5 hours, the boat came back and we headed for a private island and lunch, then back to the reef for an afternoon snorkel of about 1.5 hours. Felician showed us all the different types of coral, fish, and other sealife. She was very knowledgeable! While we waited for the boat to return, she told me about the school system in Belize. A half hour ride back to their shop, where we could rinse off before they returned us to the cruise dock.

This tour provided us with a full day of snorkeling for basically the same price as only a half day through the cruise excursion desk. we are not the "sit on the beach" type, so this suited us perfectly.

3  Thank numberslady61
See more reviews
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We had a GREAT time diving. Linda is great to work with and was very prompt when communicating over e-mail. We came in on the NCL Dawn. Once we exited the cruise area, it was about a 5 minute (easy walk) to Sea Sports. They have a huge sign, so you can't miss it. Our guide, Valentine was very, very helpful, and considering the rough waters, my boyfriend and I really enjoyed oursevles! My boyfriend was getting certified, so he was only able to go to 40ft deep. I opted to stay with him, which led to both of us having our own PRIVATE scuba tour with our guide. He made sure to point out many sea creatures and coral. For lunch, we stopped at a private beach area. We were fed hamburgers and we had a little time to relax, lay out, play in the ocean, etc. After our 2nd dive, we were dropped off right at the cruise port. We still had about two hours to shop around the cruise area. We will definitley be back to Belize and go diving again with Sea Sports!!!

4  Thank Kristina O