“Best bang for your buck!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cave Tubing.Bz

Cave Tubing.Bz
Ranked #1 of 77 Tours in Belize City
More attraction details
Owner description: This cave tubing experience is with one of the cave tubing pioneers in Belize. Those touring with cavetubing.bz will be educated about the country of Belize, the flora and fauna, the history of the ancient Maya, and the geological and archaeological information about the cave and the area. We have experience with taking care of guests of most ages and conditions, and the comfort and safety of our people is of utmost concern to us. Tours take place in Cayo District, an hour outside of Belize City.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best bang for your buck!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

This was a great excursion. They met us right outside of the cruise terminal. I highly recommend these guys! The lunch was great and so was the rum punch!! You won't be disappointed!

• Finnish first
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun, a bit expensive would do again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband felt it was rather expensive for no more than we did but it was enjoyable & we saw more than we would have otherwise. I had read several reviews beforehand & saw many comments about Junior; and, I must say, everything I read was totally true! We lucked out by having him as one of our guides. He was only supposed to be on the cave tubing part & we would break off with Leo for an Altun Ha tour. Unfortunately, we were unable to do the Altun Ha portion but Junior saved the day - he was fun, personable, very knowledgeable of his country and full of energy! We booked through Shore Excursioneer for the combo tour. We had been advised to make sure we were on one of the first tenders off Carnival Conquest. Carnival did a lousy job of informing every one of the procedures which took more time in getting our tender tickets. Then 2 of the tenders broke down & they didn't know when the rest of us would be able to leave. Interesting though, that all the people who took tours through Carnival got off! Only a hand full of others made it the first round. I called Vitalino to advise him and he said he would wait for us. We were taken on a 'shortened' cave tubing route (of course, we were still charged full price). Our driver reminded me several times that we did not take one of the first tenders & it would cut into our time. While waiting for my husband to finish getting ready, the driver stood by pressing us to hurry or we wouldn't make the Altun Ha portion & kept reminding me we didn’t get off the ship early enough. I finally reminded him that it was beyond our control when the tenders broke down. He told us several times on way to the caves that we needed to hurry & pushed to walk as fast as we could. Walking in the swim shoes was uncomfortable for my husband & grand-daughter making it harder to walk fast. After the cave tubing, we were told that we needed to make a decision what to do because there was not enough time for Altun Ha. I finally told him that the main point was to have fun...not to be so pressured. Vitalino offered to take us to their zip-line & then lunch, which would cost less than the other tour. Four in our group decided for the zip-line while the others stayed behind. Leo was very informative about the vegetation & told us some of his family history. We were still rushed for time and took our lunch with us to eat in the van. We were really nervous that we were running late getting back to the pier when the last tender was supposed to leave but found a line about a mile long waiting. We later found out that Carnival had announced the time to be back on board was extended due to the tender problems. Unfortunately, those of us already gone did not know that - otherwise, we could have taken more time on our tours! It was terribly disappointing to miss the ruins but I think trying to combine both tours is more than should be attempted when tendering. However, this was all out of our hands and out of Vitalino’s control. He was very accommodating and wanted to make sure we got the most of our time.

1 Thank txnana04
Peachtree City, Georgia
“cave tubing.bz”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

We just came home from our Western Caribbean cruise on the Carnival Dream. We went cave tubing with cave tubing.bz in Belize, and had a fantastic day with Junior as our main guide. Vitalino, the owner was our driver, and he hired a 3rd guide for our party of 11 as my grandson broke his arm 3 days before the cruise, and they wanted an extra guide to cater to him. It was a 45 minute walk along a gravel and sometime steep road to get to the tubing, but nobody rushed you and they were concerned for your safety. I have bad knees, but they gently helped me get into the tube and we had so much fun. I had a tarantula that my grandson spotted, crawl up my arm(felt fine) and my grandson and son-in-law ate termites....lol... Said they tasted minty. It was a fabulous day , and we highly recommend cave tubing.bz.

Visited September 2013
Long Island
“One of the Best Excursion Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

The cave tubing excursion with Vitalino's company was one of the best excursions we have ever done. Our family cruises often and we usually do our excursions on our own, as the cruise excursions are too expensive and are not very good. I read wonderful reviews about cave tubing with Vitalino Reyes on Cruise Critic, but was still anxious about booking the excursion because I was afraid we wouldn't make it back to the ship in time. Through emails, Mr. Vitalino assured me that we would we back to the ship in plenty of time. He didn't even ask for a deposit, which also impressed me. Our guide, Jonathan, was excellent and very knowledgeable. On our drive to the caves he taught us so much about Belize and our adventure. It was obvious that he loves his job! I felt totally safe and at ease as Jonathan is a licensed guide and also has EMT certifications. The hike through the jungle was not too difficult and we learned a lot about various plants, animals and survival skills in the jungle. The tubing was so amazing, an experience I will not soon forget! After we were done, we were contemplating just skipping the lunch that was included, and returning to the port as we were worried that that we would run out of time. Jonathan promised that we would have enough time, and we were so happy that we agreed. The lunch at Vitalino's family restaurant was fantastic and they let you have as much as you wanted. Rum punch was excellent too! There is also a small gift shop where we got delicious Marie Sharpe's Hot Sauce. On the ride back to the ship we met other people who were equally impressed by their guide and the excursion.
I highly recommend Vitalino Reyes' Cave Tubing experience! Their hospitality makes me want to go back to Belize!

California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Better than booking through the Cruise ships”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Robin was our guide for our group (4 adults, 12 yr girl & 14 yr boy). Let me first start off by letting you know that Robin was AMAZING!!!! VERY funny and knowledgable about EVERYTHING Belize. He will answer ALL questions, even weird stuff the kids want to know.

It took us awhile to get off our ship, into the tenders, and onto the island, but we met Robin around 9am. We had the whole van to ourselves with cold water to start. Robin gave us a tour of the city and many interesting facts about the country while taking us to the caves.

We quickly changed into water gear, applied sunscreen and bug spray (only 1 person got any bug bites) and were off to our adventure. My sister in law in the group, doesn't swim and is afraid of heights. She's not the adventurous type, so she is either going to hate me or love me after this trip.

The hike was NOT hard at all and Robin carried 2 tubes for our group. Too SWEET "o). We walked through 2 streams which were very refreshing while Robin enlightened us to all kinds of facts of the jungle. We quickly by passed a large "cruise" group which was basically just walking along with their guide NOT saying anything to his group. That "cruise" group heard what OUR guide was telling us and started to look at the stuff we were experiencing!! (made the right choice in excursions here)

Finally it was time to drop the tubes and go for a slow ride. Robin told us all kinds of information about the caves. What to see and where to look. There are several routes through the caves and most "cruise" excursions have to take the shorter routes due to the large groups, but we took a route that gave us an extra half mile of caves! (got our money's worth here)

At the end of the "ride" Robin gave the kids a chance to swim around a bit before we hit the end of the route. Then a short walk to change our clothes and off to lunch we go.

This is where things started to get rushed. I don't know if it was because we didn't get off the ship until 9 that morning or if we took too long to change, or extra traffic, but we ended up eating on the go and driving very quickly to the Mayan ruins. The lunch was hot and the drinks cold. Perfect after our exciting adventure.

The mad rush to the ruins was very long. When we finally arrived, we didn't have time to climb all the ruins nor did Robin really have any time to tell us about the history and facts about the area. This extra part of the trip was only an extra $25 per person, but I was a bit disappointed and didn't feel like we got our moneys worth here.

Back into the van and the long trip back to the tenders. Robin drove like mad to get us onto those tenders before the designated time. We made it to the dock with 1 minute to spare only to find a HUGE line already waiting for a tender to arrive. If the "cruise ship" tells you that they will NOT wait for you if you book an excursion from someone else, don't worry. These guys will make sure you are on the ship in time!!!

Needless to say, we ALL had a wonderful time. The kids had fun and my sister in law LOVED it. Next time I would only book the cave tubing and leave the Mayan ruins for another time due to the fact that they're much further away. If you can pick your guide, ask for ROBIN. He's the BEST!!!

1 Thank Spikey1