“Great Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cave Tubing.Bz

Cave Tubing.Bz
Ranked #1 of 77 Tours in Belize City
More attraction details
Owner description: This cave tubing experience is with one of the cave tubing pioneers in Belize. Those touring with cavetubing.bz will be educated about the country of Belize, the flora and fauna, the history of the ancient Maya, and the geological and archaeological information about the cave and the area. We have experience with taking care of guests of most ages and conditions, and the comfort and safety of our people is of utmost concern to us. Tours take place in Cayo District, an hour outside of Belize City.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Ontario
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

On our recent cruise we did the cave tubing/zip linning package with Vitalino Reyes. We were very impressed with the knowledge and level of service we received throughout the whole process. We followed the detailed instructions that were sent to us and had no problem finding cave tubing.bz once we exited the cruise port. We were each given a bottle or water and escorted to an AC waiting van. There were two other families in the van so once we boarded we were ready to go.

Leo and Lionel were our driver and guides, both were very knowlegeable about their country and kept us entertained through the drive to the ziplinning area. I was concerned about ziplinning by in our earlier conversations Vitalino has assured me of the safetly of their course including sending me the link to the company from Colorado that had certified their equipment. At the ziplinning course the care and safety they took was very evident, the equipment looked new and was checked many times. I choose not to zip line but was able to watch from the ground and take lots of pictures of my husband and children enjoying this activity. Everyone who particpated had a great time and as this is Vitalino's private course it was quick no waiting around for other groups!

After ziplinning we went back to the van for the short trip to the park with the river for cave tubing. Again our guides Leo & Lionel took good care of us. There are bathrooms/change rooms where you can put on a bathing suit and rent watershoes if you need them for the hike - flip flops are not allowed as you may loose one in the river. Once we were all suited up with our tubes, helmets and lights we started the walk to the river. I had sprained my ankle in May and was concerned about the 1/2 hour jungle walk on the rocky path. Lionel carried my tube so I could pay attention to the path and make sure I don't slip on any rocks. The walk wasn't bad and again the guides made it interesting by pointing out the local plants and animals, they even lured out a trantula for us to see.

At the river they connect everyone together for you float through the tubes. This is the one part of the experience that feels a little touristy. There are so many companies bringing so many groups through that it does feel a bit like a ride at DisneyWorld. The caves are amazing and our guides did their best to point out the unique features. if we ever vacation on the island I would like to go back on a non-cruise day and spend some actual time relaxing. After exiting the caves we floated on the river for another 15 min or so just enjoying the current and sun.

After a short walk back to the van and getting changed out of our bathing suit we were off to Vitalino's house for a wonderful lunch of chicken, rice and beans and their special rum punch. The food was excellent and the service was very good. There was a very small gift shop with a few things to purchase. After lunch we drove back to the port - we still had time to look around before catching a tender back to the ship.

This was by far our favourite day on our cruise and I highly recommend anyone looking to experince Belize consider booking through this company.

1 Thank abbyndrewmom

• Finnish first
Winnipeg, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“cave tubing in Belize”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Reliable company and reasonable price. I would recommend to everyone who interests in cave tubing during the cruise. Remember wear flat trapped sandals so you can easily walk and not afraid getting wet during this excursion. You can probably use camera to take picture since your body won't totally soak in water. The company will guarantee to get you back to the ship on time.

1 Thank tnmai
Magnolia, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great way to start a trip on the mainland!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were picked up at the airport by Shaid from Cave Tubing Belize. He waited patiently for us to get through customs. We went in an air conditioned van to the site and had a fabulous lunch, cooked by Vitalinos family, of stewed chicken, rice and beans and rum punch. Delicious!!! After eating lunch we were taken to an area where we could change our clothes and get ready for our adventure. We were given helmets with lights, tubes and life jackets. Our walk thru the jungle was pleasant and informative.
The float thru the cave was very relaxing and interesting. Our friends, who were experiencing Belize for the first time, were amazed. They thought it was a perfect way to start our adventure.
Upon completion of our excursion, Shaid got us loaded back in the van, got us some more rum punch and we made it to the airport in time for our flight over to the Ambergris Caye.
Shaid was the perfect gentleman and we would highly recommend this excursion and this company.

1 Thank CMB572013
Omaha, Nebraska
“Best Choice For Fabulous Day In Belize”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our friends and fellow travelers recommended we try this cave tubing adventure during our port visit in Belize. I figured our two teenage sons would love this but was somewhat concerned our 7 year old daughter might not feel comfortable or enjoy herself. Boy was I wrong. We ALL had a fabulous day! The guides were informative and helpful, the tubing adventure was much longer than those organized through the cruise line, and the lunch was very yummy. My only recommendation would be to bring insect repellant with you. I didn't realize the mosquitos would be so thick. Just wasn't thinking.... You absolutely cannot go wrong with this tour!

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“We had a great time!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you wanna zipline and cavetube while in Belize then you've just found the best place!! Vitalino and his screw are awesome. We were lucky enough to get our own private guide who was very knowledgeable and friendly. The ziplining is the most secure I know with double cabling. I just wish there were more rides but they are in the process of adding some so it can only gets better!! The cavetubing was great too and our guide took us through the long way while all the other groups we saw were all taking the short way. I just wish there was more current. Best time of the year for that is October, good to know. Lunch was awesome too and you could get as much food as you wanted plus we got a delicious rum punch which was really tasting rum :) to go with it. We really had a great day and I can only recommend the experience.