My husband and I needed a place to stay for one night on our honeymoon after snorkling at a Caye. We chose Red Hut Inn because it appeared to be a charming bed and breakfast. It was not at all. The woman (Jerry?) that picked us up from the dock was beyond rude and unprofessional. The "inn" is nothing more than a dirty old house that is not close to any restaurants and is certainly not waterfront. We were showed to our room, which was dirty. The toilet had not been cleaned in quite sometime, and the bathroom smelled. We did not stay, but took a taxi back to the main part of Belize City. For almost the same price, we stayed at The Great House, which was waterfront, clean, and very friendly. I would be wary of the Red Hut Inn!!
Jerry did tell us that she was the new manager, so I do not know how it was run prior to her.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We here at The Red Hut Inn provide the most ultimate quiet and comfortable room available for the reasonable price. We are situated only 6 miles away from the airport, and in an up scale and quiet residential area, where only few houses from the sea, and the environment is safe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your The Red Hut Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Red Hut Hotel Belize City
- The Red Hut Inn Belize/Belize City