I stayed there with my husband only for a night but we were very happy with the service and advice provided by the staff. Michelle, Nelanie and Tamika were always smiling and more than happy to help. We stayed in room 16 (2nd floor all the way in the back and it was very spacious and extremely comfortable) which had AC, fan and a mini fridge - all you need for hot and humid Belize City weather!! They don't have a dinning room, so they give you a breakfast voucher for the bakery next door, which is more than enough and the goodies at the bakery are delicious!!! There's a restaurant (The Smoky Mermaid) on premises and dinner there is good and affordable. Granted that the area is a bit rough but as someone else said, that goes for all of the City. However, there's a cab service next door and you are (safe) walking distance from the water taxis to the islands, and about 30 minutes from the airport. Finally, what I liked the best about the hotel is that you could sit at the front porch and chat, relax and have some Belikin beers after a rough day cave tubing or climbing the Mayan ruins! I definitely recommend this hotel because it is clean, affordable and the staff is quite helpful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belize is fast becoming the English speaking Central America destination of choice for those seeking adventure, a host of natural wonders, and beautiful people. We invite you to experience the awesome wonders of our world-renowned barrier reef system, to bask in the warmth of our numerous offshore and costal destinations, to be humbled by our magnificent archaeological sites, to be awed in the depths of our cave systems, to be totally swayed by the unique qualities of our natural and protected areas, and to be mesmerized at the biological diversity you will encounter in your daily adventures. More importantly, we invite you to be consumed by the passion, gentle embrace and authenticity of our diverse culture and people. As you travel the length and breadth of our home, we will greet each of you as friends but will let you leave as family. My staff and I invite you to choose The Great House Inn as your headquarter for your Belize Adventure. Old world charm with all the amenities for the Business and Leisure Traveler. It would be our pleasure to welcome you to this wonderful Colonial Home, which we have meticulously appointed with all the amenities for your comfort and convenience. The look and feel of yesterday with today's modern conveniences make The Great House Belize's most desirable "outpost" away from home. Our colonial heritage and ambience are faithfully preserved in all of our sixteen guestrooms. Each is individually color coordinated with a host of tasteful and comfortable appointments. All of the spacious rooms feature: Wi-Fi, Air conditioning, Ceiling Fan, Private Bath, Hair Dryer, Mini Refrigerator, Coffee maker, Direct Dial Telephone, Desk, Remote Control Cable TV, Alarm clock, Iron Board and In-Room Safety Deposit Box. Daily Complimentary: Wi-Fi, Light Continental Breakfast, Coffee, Tea, Bottle Water, Bananas and Cookies From polished pine floor to fresh fruit on arrival, our guestrooms and staff let you know you made the right choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Great House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Great House Hotel Belize City
- The Great House Belize/Belize City