I stayed here in March 2007. I stayed here for 4 nights but had not pre booked, so my wife and I stayed in 3 different rooms. So funny that they have one price for all of them, and to be fair the smaller of the rooms was a lot better quality than the biggest room we stayed in. The hotel has a lot of charm and there is nothing quite like it in Belize City.
The only thing I would say is that the bathrooms are a little bit dated which is nothing to do with having the rooms in the colonial style, and also I think it is a little bit expensive at $140 a night, baring in mind the alternatives in the City that have swimming pools. (Although if you do stay, just take your towel and walk straight into the Radisson and use their pool! As long as you spend money at their bar you should be fine.)
The Smokey Mermaid downstairs is a nice restaurant that complements the hotel well, although they are 2 separate businesses.
The place is unique and I would recommend you try and stay at least once if you travel through Belize a lot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belize is fast becoming the English speaking Central America destination of choice for those seeking adventure, a host of natural wonders, and beautiful people. We invite you to experience the awesome wonders of our world-renowned barrier reef system, to bask in the warmth of our numerous offshore and costal destinations, to be humbled by our magnificent archaeological sites, to be awed in the depths of our cave systems, to be totally swayed by the unique qualities of our natural and protected areas, and to be mesmerized at the biological diversity you will encounter in your daily adventures. More importantly, we invite you to be consumed by the passion, gentle embrace and authenticity of our diverse culture and people. As you travel the length and breadth of our home, we will greet each of you as friends but will let you leave as family. My staff and I invite you to choose The Great House Inn as your headquarter for your Belize Adventure. Old world charm with all the amenities for the Business and Leisure Traveler. It would be our pleasure to welcome you to this wonderful Colonial Home, which we have meticulously appointed with all the amenities for your comfort and convenience. The look and feel of yesterday with today's modern conveniences make The Great House Belize's most desirable "outpost" away from home. Our colonial heritage and ambience are faithfully preserved in all of our sixteen guestrooms. Each is individually color coordinated with a host of tasteful and comfortable appointments. All of the spacious rooms feature: Wi-Fi, Air conditioning, Ceiling Fan, Private Bath, Hair Dryer, Mini Refrigerator, Coffee maker, Direct Dial Telephone, Desk, Remote Control Cable TV, Alarm clock, Iron Board and In-Room Safety Deposit Box. Daily Complimentary: Wi-Fi, Light Continental Breakfast, Coffee, Tea, Bottle Water, Bananas and Cookies From polished pine floor to fresh fruit on arrival, our guestrooms and staff let you know you made the right choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Great House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Great House Hotel Belize City
- The Great House Belize/Belize City