“Friendly, helpful, attentive staff!”

Radisson Fort George Hotel and Marina
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Belize City
Tampa Bay, Florida
“Friendly, helpful, attentive staff!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed a week here in February and the staff both in the lobby and housekeeping could not have been nicer. Bellman Marlon was especially helpful! We met one of the regular cab drivers who park accross the street, Levi, (634-6097) and used his services almost everyday. Our room was clean, spacious and well maintained. We were on the 4th floor overlooking the water. Both the on-site eateries and room service provided good food. For Belize City, I believe this is the best hotel you'll find. For the US, I'd say it would be a 3 to 4 star. The city is notorious for gang warefare; there were 5 shootings the week we stayed with 3 fatalities. We felt safe at all times in the hotel compound and walking around during the daytime. Levi took good care of us and acted as our guide.

3 Thank ssd5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Polish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at the Radisson on the last day of a long weekend in Belize. The rooms were large and spacious and the beds were super comfortable. We had one of the rooms that had a commanding view of the sea with the door on the hallway overlooking the street. There were a lot of trees there by the hallway (we were on the 2nd floor) just outside. Right around sundown the trees were FLOCKED with birds. And they were loud too! Luckily they did calm down a little bit after dark but still made a fair amount of noise. Good thing I brought ear plugs as that helped me fall right to sleep (and the bed was super comfy too so that helped!).

We had room service dinner and then breakfast in the hotel restaurant and the food quality was pretty good.

There was a lot of talk about not going out on the streets and certainly not at night. We walked around fine during daylight hours - sure there are people that will panhandle you but as long as you are on major streets in the center, it felt generally safe (no less so than most places in Central America) though I did not go out at night.

Room Tip: avoid the rooms on the open hallway with the trees when it's bird mating season! (~210-225)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed at the Radisson Fort George after a week in Glovers Atoll at Isla Marisol. Our room was beautiful, clean, quite and very accomodating! Though we absolutely loved our stay at the resort on the Atoll it was a welcome change to have a big comfy bed, a nice hot shower with fluffy towels and catch up with the TV. Mind you I enjoy being away from the TV but after a week its nice to see whats going on in the world.
The staff at the Radisson are top notch - very attentive, helpful and professional! We arrived at our room to find a nice cold bottle of champagne and a yummy chocolate dessert! Our stay was very short - one night one day - so we would love to back! The Stone Grill was very good! We did some walking around the city and took a cab to other parts of the city while we were there too.
Baymen's Tavern was our first stop for a nice cold beer after our trip in. We sat out on the deck and had a few snacks too. The food was very good! We also visited Le Petit Cafe for breakfast the next morning. Though we had a bit of a wait in line - they were VERY busy - it was well worth it. Great coffee and pastry!
There is a great little garden in the walk way between the hotel rooms and the main lobby of the hotel. Beautiful plants and cute little geckos! Loved the smoking tree - it is a must see, even if you don't smoke!
On the night we stayed there was what appeared to be a prom or some sort of formal highschool dance at the conference center which is also part of the Radisson across a little side street. All the guests arrived in cars and were dropped of just down the street from the entrance. They were each greeted by a photographer and posed for pictures before entering the event. There was a huge crowd outside cheering for all the beautifully dressed guests. It was like they were walking the red carpet in Hollywood! My husband and I both stood and watched from behind the barcads for probably an hour! Very neat!
The staff arranged for drivers for us to go into town to find a store and then again the next day for our trip to the airport!
This was a very nice, welcoming place to stay - we would definately stay again AND again!

Room Tip: Of course try to get a room on an upper floor facing the ocean - really great views!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pam S
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here our first and only night in Belize City. It was a nice standard hotel with great amenities. It is really the only place to stay in Belize City as far as I could tell. The Stone Grill Restaurant was great. We had a room right off of the pool which was great. I don't know that we would have stayed much longer in Belize City but if we did this is the place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
San Pedro, Belize
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I would guess I have stayed at The Radisson Fort George at least 20 times. In fact, a couple months ago, after being hospitalized for an emergency, it was not home that I went when released, but straight to The Radisson, where I knew the amazing staff would take care of me and I could recuperate in comfort. I have since been back 4 times and the staff have never failed to ask how I am feeling, address me by name etc.

The Radisson is located in a handy neighbourhood from which I can easily access shopping, run errands etc. all on foot. When I need to go further, there are great taxi drivers (personally approved by the Radisson's GM, Mr. James Scott) which can take me there including Homer, Floyd, Mario and other friendly and reliable drivers.

As a repeat guest, the staff have noted my preferences and continue to provide exemplary service. This is not a Ritz Carlton, that simply does not exist in Belize City, but so far as hotels in Belize City, there is no other choice for me. I have tried other hotels including those close to The Radisson and the service (or lack there of) made me feel unwelcome. The Radisson makes me feel special, and isn't that what providing a great experience for your guests is supposed to do?

Of particular note I would like to give a shout out to Micsheki who assists me with my reservations, Shakira and Keith in the F&B department, Camille, one of the amazing Managers, Dulce who seems to be the head-housekeeper and her amazing team of ladies, Robert one of the BEST Bell Captains in the business and the lovely man across the street who has restored many a pair of my favorite shoes.

The Radisson Fort George has simply become my second home, I will continue to stay there, and am happy to recommend it. If I had to come up with one area for improvement, it would be the room service menu, but as I am sure you can imagine, once you have stayed somewhere 2 dozen times, you have literally tried it all.

Room Tip: Pay extra for Tower Club Section.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MalibuStace
Belize City, Belize
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My family and I wanted somewhere nice to have dinner . We decided to dine at the Stone Grill Restaurant located inside the Radisson Fort George Hotel. I must say although we did not stay at this hotel it was fabulous!!!!!!!. The atmosphere was nice and relaxing. It's located underneath a thatched roof with tables and chairs and the scenery is so relaxing wtih a garden view and palm trees.

The food was amazing!!!!! you cook your food on a volcanic stone. Our waitress Janella was very attentive and very professional kudos to her!!!!
Marcia the bartender was awesome mixing up those drinks and keeping those Belikin's cold for us. I cant forget our cook Marilyn who prep our meal, she did a wonderful job.

I highly recommend as the food is fantastic, and the staff are amazing what more could you ask for when you looking for great dining.

1 Thank Larissa30
Toronto
Reviewed February 13, 2013

There's nowhere better to stay in Belize City than at the Radisson Fort George. The staff are amazing. The rooms are decadent and clean. And the food is among the best in Belize City. I don't like to spend a lot of time in Belize City, but this is my hotel when I do. Hands down.

I write this while I'm still in Belize on a two-week stay and I've been to the Fort George twice now - a week in between stays - and they were both top-notch. The second time last week, one of our rooms wasn't quite ready on time (it was around 3:30) and a bottle of champagne was sent as a thoughtful apology. It wasn't necessary as my dad is 84 and doesn't drink but it was a nice touch.

Do yourself a favour and bookend any trip to Belize with a stay at the Fort George. Yes, it's more than the other places in town, but you'll never feel it was money not well spent. This is the hotel of Belize City.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the tower. Stay in one of the Colonial rooms overlooking the pool areas. The ones...
1 Thank henrysperson
Bachelor Inn
Bachelor Inn
#6 of 7 in Belize City
Best Caribbean Belize Pickwick Hotel

Been to Radisson Fort George Hotel and Marina? Share your experiences!