“This is where I always stay”

Radisson Fort George Hotel and Marina
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Belize City
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I travel to Belize City on a regular basis for both personal and business related matters. My favorite rooms are in the tower section with the Sleep Number Beds and extra amenities. The fact that the same staff have been working at the hotel with little turnover these past years, is a testament to the manager, James Scott. It is evident the staff genuinely enjoy their jobs and their culture of "yes we can" service.

Belize is not a "fancy" modern city, it is a very interesting city in the world's Global South with a world of potential. The Radisson is not a cosmopolitan city skyscraper or a Ritz Carlton, it is a friendly hotel, that puts an effort into providing clean, safe and reliable accommodations in an excellent location. The hotel is involved in the community, spearheads recycling programs and are tireless in philanthropic pursuits. The Radisson Fort George continues to be the flagship property and my choice of hotels in Belize City. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a central point from which to explore the country and still be immersed in culture and cuisine options, and to anyone in transit in/out of the Country. See you again soon!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 19, 2011

Clean. Quiet. Just what you'd expect at a Radisson and a good place to stay on either end of a dive trip. Like everywhere we went in Belize, staff was professional and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2011

I have stayed in Radissons all over the world and in my 36 years have visited over 100 countries. In all my time I have never been made to wait for more than 25 minutes to check in to a supposed luxury hotel.

No apology was offered and we were then told the room was not ready, even though we had informed them of our arrival time earlier in the morning. At over $200 this is not what I expect.

To fill in the time we went to the bar. The experience was as unpleasant as the check in. The bar maid was grumpy, unhelpful and bored. Having eventually received our drinks a local street seller accosted us with his latest recordings. Staying in a luxury hotel ought to avoid this type of harassment.

After a return to the front desk we were told the room was still not ready so we headed off into town to eat.

The room was ok, except the bed kept moving away from the wall every time you moved. To solve the problem we lodged the arm chair between the bed and the TV unit. The balcony is shared and the walls were so thin we could hear our neighbours. Across the road from the hotel was a very noisy bar that pelted music all night long. We could hear this in our room and above our TV!

The internet in the room was free but transfer to the airport was charged.

I also didn’t like the fact that on receiving our bill there was a charitable donation fee that had been added to my bill without my permission.

All in all avoid this place. It’s expensive and disappointing.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sapa67
Reviewed April 22, 2011

a very nice hotel with a helpful management.We spent a beautiful da in this hotel and we'll recommended at every people.
Monique et Fred Thiebaud from Switzerland

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Continental Airlines screwed up my whole trip - and by the time I was able to find internet in Belize to cancel my 1 night at the Radisson Fort George, it was after 6pm the night before my reservation, so I got zero refund and was charged $201.11. Thanks for nothing.

Also in Belize - Coco Beach Resort, Ka'ana Boutique Resort & Mayawalk Tours were also also, and very accomodating & understanding in the changes we had to make.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JTK965
Reviewed April 6, 2011

We stayed at the Radisson on the night we arrived in Belize City, prior to leaving for Turneffe Island the following day. Our room was in the older part of the hotel but was still nice and clean. We had a good dinner at the Stonegrill Restaurant at the hotel and yummy pastries at the Petit Cafe in the morning. The live music at the Stonegrill by the pool was really impressive and the service was very good overall. Later, at the end of our trip in Belize, our plans didn't work out and we decided to return to the Radisson for our last night in the country. Jesse at the front desk welcomed us back and congratulated us, as we had just gotten married on our trip. We were treated to a room upgrade and champagne, and more of the great service that we received on our first stay. We relaxed by the pool and enjoyed another meal at Stonegrill with more good live music. Free internet access in business center was great for confirming travel plans. Belize City isn't a place most people would want to spend much of their time in Belize at, and it is indeed probably not very safe after dark, but for anyone who finds themselves there, I think the Radisson is definitely the best best.

Room Tip: Ask for newer section of hotel.