“Average At Best, Bit Expensive For Price”

BEST WESTERN Belize Biltmore Plaza Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Belize City
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Average At Best, Bit Expensive For Price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I Guess The Name Biltmore Plaza Threw Me Off. I Expected More With The Name Biltmore!!!! Many Of The Rooms Were Being Renovated And Upgraded But We Did Not Get One Of These. We Got An Older Room Which Needed Renovating And Upgrading. The Front Desk Staff Needs To Be Trained In Knowing Accurate Information About Belize City And Its Surroundings. The Front Desk Staff Did Not Know When Cruise Ships Were Arriving In Port, When The Tourist Village Was Open Or Closed, Nor Did They Make A Real Effort To Find Out. I Was Given Unverified, Inaccurate Information And The Front Desk Made Errors Concerning My Billing. We Enjoyed Our Dinner Meal At The Hotel Restaurant And The Restaurant Staff Were Very Nice And Professional. I Believe With Future Renovations, Upgradings, And Front Desk Staff Training, This Facility Has The Potential To Improve Significantly. Currently, This Hotel Is Below USA/European Standards But Above Central American Standards. The Price Of The Hotel Far Exceeds The Services And Amenities Offered And Received.

Room Tip: Ask For One Of The Recently Renovated And Upgraded Rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Maria R, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Belize Biltmore Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Mr. Eugene,

Greetings from Best Western Belize Biltmore Plaza Hotel

Thank you for your feedback on you current stay with us, you comments are very important to us and will help us to improve in every way. Management and staff apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Our front desk Supervisor has been notified and immediately actions are taken concerning the issues you had.

Once again thank you and hope you give us the opportunity to host you once again and amend what we did wrong and be able to meet all your expectations.

Maria R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Quality can be given in any part of the world the same way, it depends on the manager and staff. This Hotel is ok, was clean, swimming pool was ok but has the same plan as a red roof so its us equal will be a red roof inn. Belize is not an advanced city so this is great for the place because the others are terrible in comparison. The restaurant was ok but there were no tables available since a platton of soldiers were staying at the premises when we arrived so that was it.

Room Tip: pool front first floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Maria R, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Belize Biltmore Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Mr. Ron,

Greetings from Best Western Belize Biltmore Plaza Hotel

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience

Paris, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Conveniently located near the airport, the Best Western offers lovely rooms in an american style. Well, we have been upgraded because our room was ont ready (it was only 6 pm...). I will not complain, of course. The staff is so helpful !
Nice garden and pool.
We liked the "papa gallo" shop which opened just for us.
The restaurant will bring you a lot of fun, if you have a good sense of humor ! The waitress needed more training to serve a pint of beer properly (half of the beer fell on the table and the glass only kept foam inside but the distinguished waitress just forget to apologize). Funny, isn´t it ?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ms. Marie,

Management and staff would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your comments and feedback on your recent stay with us. Your feedbacks is very important for us, We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.

Your comments and concerns have been forward to our Food and Beverage manager so immediately actions are taken.

Thanks and you need any other assistance feel free to contact me directly at guestservices@belizebiltmore.com

Best Regards,
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed here with a tour group so cannot comment on the price of this hotel. It has two floors, a conference room, restaurant, pool and more. My room was almost at the very end of the complex, but was very quiet. The room had two double beds, the usual furniture and a TV. The dressing area was separate from the bathroom. There was plenty of vanity space around the sink. There was a ceiling fan and AC, both of which worked fine in room 125. The room appeared to be clean with good lighting.

Our group ate dinner there the first night. Most of us ordered fish and the man next to me had a very good looking large pork chop. I was looking forward to a nice fish dinner, as other meals on this trip were terrible, i.e. overcooked dried out chicken and fish. Once again, the fish was totally overcooked and completely dried out. I asked how the pork chop was, and his response was "tough". I don't know if the fish had been cooked ahead of time, awaiting our group, or if the cook just doesn't know how to prepare fish properly. It was totally inedible. There is no excuse for this. I read other reviews commenting on the good food, so maybe just the tour groups get the lousy food.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Maria R, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Belize Biltmore Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback and comments on your recent stay with us.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you like about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We apologize for the services provided to you in our dining room, it’s our priority to provide the same quality of service and food to groups and individual, we apologize for not meeting your expectation and not being able to provide you with an excellent dining experience.

Your comments and feedback have been pass on to our executive chef and immediately actions are taken.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at (501)223-2302 Ext 325.

Regards
Bossier City, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Biltmore Plaza, in Belize City, isn't the best hotel, but it is in a prime location to be used as a base when in Belize. The hotel is close to the airport and Belize City. I planned all of my adventures through the hotel. There was a taxi service available at all hours from the hotel. The staff was very friendly. The in-house restaurant was great. The chef even cooked the fillets I brought back from my fishing trip. The pool-side bar is the perfect place to relax after a long day of site-seeing. I recommend it, but I also recommend staying at one of the resorts in the Cayes--this is something that the staff even suggested I do the next time I'm in Belize. Water taxis or flights to Cayes could be set up from the hotel.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the inside of the hotel--not facing the street.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank one7dblo
Maria R, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Belize Biltmore Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Valuable guest,

It is very satisfying and significant to us to know that we have served you and satisfied your expectations. We do our best daily to offer quality service in each department for the satisfaction and enjoyment of our guests. The management and staff are very pleased that they meet all your expectations.

We take this opportunity to thank you for your sincere comments and feedbacks. They are all taken into consideration and used to evaluate our service so that we can continue to offer the best service and quality to our guests. Our doors are always open and we cordially invite you to visit us once more. Once again, thank you!
Huntington, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

After reading some reviews, you all had me nervous. My stars are based on where we are. This is not Orlando Florida. We are in Belize. That being said, compared to others we have stayed at in the country the accommodations were great. Cool room. Comfy clean beds. Great pool area. What was best though was the staff and restaurant staff. All the meals we had here (especially the $30 BZE breakfast buffet) were great. Our server for dinner, Nelson, was a joy and we had a great time. The gift shop staff even helped us map our road trip for the day. If ever in Belize City again, I would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Alyssa,

Greetings from Belize!

It has been a great pleasure for the management and staff of Belize Biltmore to have served you at our best. It was an honor for us to have shared this amazing experience with you. We would like to thank you for your comments and feedbacks; they are highly important for the enhancement of the management and staff.

Now, we look forward to serving you once more in the near future and share many more great experiences together; It was a great honor having served you.

Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed 3 nights at this hotel, and it was great. The room was very big and spacious, and the housekeeping staff cleaned the room twice each day...they even put chocolates on the pillow! The AC and wi-fi both worked really well in the room. The staff was courteous and was able to answer all of my questions. I had breakfast in the restaurant on my last morning there, and it was pretty good. I felt very safe here, which is also important. This was a great place to stay, and after shopping around on a few travel sites, I found a really great rate on the room. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Maria R, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Belize Biltmore Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Management and staffs will like to thank you for your feedback and comments, its a pleasure to service you and be able to satisfy your every needs.

Your comments have been pass on to each department and acknowledge each one of our staff for their work.

Have a wonderful day and will be looking forward in accommodating you in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belize City
Best Caribbean Belize Pickwick Hotel
The Great House
The Great House
#2 of 26 in Belize City

Been to BEST WESTERN Belize Biltmore Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!