Best Western Plus Belize Biltmore Plaza
$40
Priceline
$135
  • Pool
Black Orchid Resort(Burrell Boom)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsisland expeditionsnice poolgift shopinternational airportpoolside barbreakfast buffetshuttle servicecomfortable roomscoffee makerthe air conditioningwater taxibelizeyvettestopoverstatescountryrefrigerator
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I were warned countless times not to stay in belize city on our vacation to belize, so we were quite nervous even though our travel agent recomended this hotel. So it was a wonderful surprize to end up at such an amazing hotel. It was clean, amazing food and drinks but the people were the selling feature. Shermandine who is the manager of guest services said she believed it was her job to go above and beyond and she was truly an example of that. From arranging doctor appointment and transportaion for my husband, to calling in a massage therapist for us , she fruly made our trip that much better. Sharon booked our tours for us, and even though she was suffering from a migraine she was extremely helpful and excited to hear how much we enjoyed them. Out tours were amazing. Kimberley was one of our acceptional waitresses at the restaurant and she too seemed so genuine and helpful. In closing we loved belize, it is a nature lovers paradise, the food is awesome, but the people make it truly amazing.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
manager05, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Belize Biltmore Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. The management & Staff are happy to hear that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you in the very near future.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Everything appears very nice, however my wife went to have a shower at 4:00 PM and no hot water. I noticed I did not have a fridge, and mentioned it and they said they would get me one, it never came. Found an icemaker, it had no ice, found another one that worked.Way overpriced at $150.oo, I will be seeking a partial refund!.Not real happy

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Greeting from the Best Western Belize Biltmore Plaza Hotel! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We would like you to know that we have treated this matter as a priority and we have put-in two new heaters to ensure that this does not reoccur. Also our Standard rooms does not come with a refrigerator but can be added on request.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I was here on Business in Aug 12 when Hurricane Ernesto came through. I did have some issues breakfast should have started at 06 30 but I rarely got any as my transport came before it was served. On the plus side the Staff especially Dianne the Barmaid were superb friendly and funny but not in your face, as you get in some US style hotels were fun is compulsory. It was a safe haven in Mile 2 1/2 which could be an intimidating place for those unused to travel. Some work needed to update it especially the very noisy air conditioning. But I had a blast and wish I was staying again but my next trip appears to be to the Radisson in Belize City (review will follow)

Room Tip: Try the AC before you settle if it is really loud ask to move
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
manager05, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Belize Biltmore Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your feedback about your recent stay at the Best Western Belize Biltmore Plaza Hotel. With regards to your concerns on our A/C's, we are in process of upgrading all our rooms with new A/C units. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to host you once again.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

This hotel was our initial night, and last night, in Belize and it was fine for our family of five. A surprisingly nice pool/bar area and a restaurant right in the hotel which was key for us because we really did not relish the idea of taking our family out at night to eat in Belize City as we had been warned about the safety of the City. Good working WIFI was a bonus as well.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Ace65
manager05, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Belize Biltmore Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for your feedback about your recent stay at the Best Western Belize Biltmore Plaza Hotel. On behalf of the Management & Staff we would like to express our sincere gratitude and hope to see you again sometime soon.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

The only good features of this hotel are the internet access and the swimming pool. While the rooms are a good size, they are dirty. Walking in bare feet from the bathroom to the bed the bottoms of my feet turned black. We ate at the restaurant our first night and the food was barely edible. The breakfast was not very good either. We were supposed to get bottled water but the second day was not delivered until after we asked for it. The beds were clammy, almost like the sheets had not dried before they were put on the bed.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mikesflorida

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize to you for the experience you have had with us. It is our mission to exceed your expectations. Please know that all your comments mean a lot to us, as it allows us to make improvements to better our establishment.

Once again, our apologies.