“Ice Cold Beer” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Bar scene
Colborne, Canada
“Ice Cold Beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

you can sit for hours just taking in all the sun and fun of the Tourist Village. The Lilly Pad is a great place to chat and meet new friends coming and going.

Visited December 2013

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Cate's Pirate Bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband and I actually visited the Pirate Bar on the other end of the terminal. Belize City itself was not all that exciting, but we enjoyed a few hours at the bar. We spent most of our time talking with Cate about her move to Belize and owning the bars. Cate was very nice and very informative about the country. The local beer is very good and they charge $5 for 2. Cate gave us a tasty plate of nachos and it was a very relaxing couple of hours away from the cruise ship.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Bonnie shopped, I dropped :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

My first cruise, so my first visit to Belize City! My wife, of course, wanted to shop so I just hung out with Cate, Natalie, and Cate's husband Daniel at the Lilly Pad... no, I didn't drink 'til I croaked :-)
Cate et al are warm, wonderful people, and we thoroughly enjoyed meeting them & chatting when they had time... Daniel built the bar that is Cate's Lilly Pad; mostly out of the most beautiful mahogany I've ever seen in construction... we wish Daniel could come to Wimberley and duplicate the bar for us up by our pool! :-) There are only two Belikin beers available, but one or the other is sure to please... I liked both! and Natalie mixes an awesome spicy Bloody Mary, too!
We highly recommend Cate's Lilly Pad for adult refreshment & cheerful conversation out of the hubbub of shopping frenzy! :-) blentztx

• Visited December 2012
Big Spring, Texas
“The Most Awesome Place in Belize”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stumbled upon this little hut type place in a beautiful square in Belize City, Belize. We were on a Cruise and so very happy that it was not over priced cruddy Carnival Cocktails!! So my friends and i went over and tried the Belican Beer which was 2 for 5 which was a great price!! The beer was cold and did the trick. Cate was eating some Beans and Rice and I commented how great they smelled. She then ordered me a plate!! I was amazed!! I also really liked the hot sauce, she took my money and ran and bought me a bottle. Everything was fairly priced and I was amazed at the service my friends and I received. If you are ever on a cruise or just in Belize City, Belize stop by and enjoy the great beer, friendly atmosphere, and the fact a stranger can treat you like family. My friends and I are visiting Belize in May. We ARE NOT going on a cruise but we will spend several hours with Cate at her Lilly Pad!!

• Visited September 2012
Southborough, Massachusetts
“So much fun in Belize”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

We were in Belize for a day off the Carnival Liberty. Cate's Lilly Pad was a lovely refuge from the hawkers and tourist shops and she made us some fantastic margaritas. Cate was full of local information which we used to our advantage later on. She was very easy to talk to and I felt completely at home. We didn't eat anything at the Lilly Pad, but the drinks were great and if you have a few minutes to spend before getting back on the boat, I would definitely recommend spending it at Cate's.

• Visited November 2012