“Weird location, good food”
Review of Riverside Tavern

Riverside Tavern
Ranked #1 of 94 Restaurants in Belize City
Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 26, 2013

You would think that "Riverside Tavern" run by the famous Bellikin family (Bellikin Beer and local farm raised beef) would have a great location, but the view from the outside tables are of a trash strewn opposite shore with rusty looking warehouses and chain link fences behind. We ordered a strip steak medium rare and a 6oz burger medium and they came reversed--my steak was overcooked and her burger was bright pinkish red in the middle. The drinks were good but weak. I wanted to return to try the burgers because I like them a little rare, but the Mrs wouldn't go back.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

The Tavern offers a great selection of local and American food.
Their food is always consistent, and the atmosphere is pleasant.

Be sure to try the local beer (Belikin) and snack on some great fresh ceviche!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I really enjoyed my lunch there. The staff are very friendly and the food is great. The service is also very fast. I had a strawberry daiquiri which was divine and a mushroom Swiss burger which was even better. I also like that they offer you different sizes for the burgers. I recommend it highly and would definitely go back when i return to Belize!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Riverside Tavern is a good spot for lunch if you're in Belize City, and want some nice ambiance. They have outside seating along the river, and inside they have a/c. They have a snazzy bar inside, centered in the building. They are known for their selection of burgers, and the fact that you can get some huge burgers there too, if you can eat that much.

The burgers were pretty good. I normally eat a burger a year here since it's hard to find good ones, but I could see having a burger a semester now. I recommend the blue cheese burger. I ordered rare, and it was super rare. Bonus points for that. The chicken burger and fish burger were also quite tasty. They have chicken sliders there too, which are great for kids. The fries left something to be desired, but the onion rings were very tasty, and they really are a 'tower' of onion rings delivered. I'm sure we'll be going back.

1  Thank DrFeelAwesome
Reviewed April 21, 2013

A few of us went for drinks after work. Beers were cold (which is always a great thing). Food was good.

The service was good as well. Due to the place being crowded, service tended to be a slow, but the servers were doing their best.

It is a nice spot for a few drinks.