“Safe environment, good service, nice food”
Review of Riverside Tavern

Riverside Tavern
Ranked #1 of 101 Restaurants in Belize City
Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Great city restaurant, cold beers (black and tan is my favorite) The catch of the day, shrimp and conch ceviche and seafood chowder are my recommendations.

1  Thank mariu40

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We went there for a couple of drinks with some friends. We ordered some food (onion rings and burgers). The prices are on the high side (probably one of the most expensive burgers in the country). But it was delicious! The service was great! The atmosphere was great! Overall, if budget is not a problem for you, I would recommend this place.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Many choices of tropical drink creations.
Excellent burger creations
Friendly and helpful staff. Parking security.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

After spending 10 amazing days in Belize it was time to head home to the US and the ferry schedule put us into Belize city a few hours ahead of schedule. The resort manager suggested that we stop for lunch at the Riverside Tavern as it was her favorite and in her opinion the best food and safest place in Belize City. We are an extended family of nine ranging in age from 9 to 70 with varying tastes and not so easy to please.

As our driver pulled into the parking lot of the Riverside Tavern the door to the restaurant opened and the owner, Dutsin, welcomed us and told us he was just finishing setting the table. Never in my life have I been greeted at the door by a restaurant owner so graciously.

Soon after we were seated Dustin gave us the menu and mentioned that the restaurant was known for their hamburgers, that's when my mother's ears perked up and she told Dustin that she considered herself a "Burger Aficionado" and he recommended the Blue Cheese Burger with bacon added (well because everything tastes better with bacon - right?).

We started off with the onion ring tower, which was great and then the gang ordered hamburgers, philly cheese steaks (recommended by driver) and a shrimp wrap. All of the food was so delicious and tasty! I knew Dustin did in fact serve the best burger in town when after the first bite of her burger my mom looked up at and said "he is right, this is one darn good burger". I also knew that everyone was happy when my husband said to my brother-in-law" this is a cool place and one that I could see us haning out after softball games at home."

So if you are near Belize City and are hankering for a little taste of home, stop by the Riverside Tavern for the best darn Blue Cheese Hamburger in Belize!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Just got off the plane and had some time to spend int he city before traveling to San Pedro. good sports bar with a caribbean feel. Local beer on tap and the food is tasy comfort food. To kill some time go here. Seemed to be the best in the city area.