Review Highlights
TAKE THIS TOUR

Reviewed today
TraBuff
Thibodaux, Louisiana
a nice lamanai tour even though the boat ran out of gas

Reviewed 4 days ago
GoPlaces797701

All reviews private tour baboon sanctuary cruise ship cave tubing local wine the river altun ha ruins caye caulker chicken sharks and stingrays zip lining rice and beans hot sauce an amazing trip whole group minute boat ride took pictures
Reviewed today

We learned and experienced so much with Nickoli I am sure I will not be able to share everything. First of all my family booked the Howler Monkey/Altun Ha private day trip to do while docked in Belize with Carnival. I reserved online and promptly received an email with very detailed information and instructions about meeting up. We had no trouble finding Nick and we got started right away. There were only 5 of us, including Nick, so we were in a mini van instead of a bus which made it way more personal and we enjoyed that more. We wanted to take pictures at the colorful Belize sign and he made sure we did that first before heading to the Baboon Sanctuary. We set off through the city and then Nick stopped off and got us some tasty oranges, bananas and drinks. Nick heard my son talking about his love for foreign money and he offered to trade him moneys so he could have that for his collection, and even gave him some coins as well. When we arrived at the sanctuary we were met with another guide there who specializes in the sanctuary. We took a quick walk into the rainforest where she called for the monkeys. It was very quiet at first and I started to think it was just my luck that they would not show up while I was there, because it is NOT a zoo, we were in their territory and it is a huge property. Alas after calling them and walking around they made their appearance and we were not disappointed. They got very close, were not afraid and knew Nick had bananas. They searched his pocket lol! It did take every ounce of self control not to reach out and pet them, but observing them in their own environment and being part of that was satisfying enough. We then stopped for lunch where we ate like royalty, literally..i ate what the Queen had when she visited..the people and the food were fantastic. We tried ox tail and gibnut paca..but there was also the best chicken, beans, rice and cole slaw ever! Nick challenged my youngest to taste the hot salsa and of course..he put 3 scoops. It got him sweating, but he did it! Bellies full we traveled to Altun Ha where we were shown much more than the structures. Nick climbed and brought down spice leaves and pulled lemongrass for us to smell. He showed us and informed us of all the natural medicines there are in the wild of Belize and we were astounded. We went rum tasting and wine tasting also and we enjoyed every minute. We always felt safe with Nickoli, he has a very extensive familiarity with the people and surroundings..as you will learn his family background and his stories of growing up there..please ask questions and learn from him. We felt so comfortable and close to him by the end of our time together we were begging him to come visit us and let us guide him around our city! Please do not let booking outside of Carnival or other cruise ships scare you, at least not from this one for sure. We missed nothing, even did extra and still finished up with hours to spare. Completely satisfied, felt like we got way more than we paid for and highly recommend Nickoli and this tour.

Reviewed 4 days ago

Our guide (Kat for short) is very knowledgeable and very proud of her country. She met us right outside the terminal, exactly as the email described. Then a few minutes walk to her van. Paid Nickoli and started our tour right away.
After a comfortable drive about 1 hour, we arrived at new river. There were restrooms and a small shop. We bought bug spray and some souvenirs. Then we took the boat ride with another group.
The site is very nice. We were not rushed. We did have time to climb one of the structure. And we did see wild monkeys.
Our boat ride back was not as smooth. It ran out of gas half way. And we had to wait for a rescue boat. Luckily we have about an hour extra to catch the cruise so we were not nervous. The time wasted there means we won't be able to sit for lunch as planed. We have to eat lunch in the car.
Overall it is a very nice excursion. I hope the road is better and the boat ride is shorter so that there will be more time at the ruin site. But that's out of the control of the tour company.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We had the best time swimming with the Sharks and Stingrays. The crew really made everyone in our group feel comfortable and went the extra mile to help two of the girls who were afraid of the water. It was an experience I will never forget. If I ever get to go back, I will definitely book through them.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My parents and I took a tour of Belize city, howler monkey and Altun Ha Ruins with Belize Exotic Adventures. We loved our tour guide , Nik, he was knowledgeable and personsonable! We had booked a tour and then upon arrival we wanted to change the agend, Nik had no problem changing/ adding to the original agenda. So we added the ruins upon arrival. It was a great day! Nik took us to a great location for lunch, the food was great and Nik ate with us! He was like family! Loved his efforts to share all Belize had to offer. We were driving, Nik saw an iguana in a tree, backed up and pointed out the iguana, he did the same with a tarachala walking across the street. He spotted him, backed up, stopped, we all got out of the car, he picked up the tarachala put it in his hand and shirt, offered to let us hold him. Nik was kind, considerate and loved his country. I wish we had more time in Belize and with Nik. I highly recommend this tour and company! Thanks Nik for sharing your wonderful country and showing us such a great time!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked a tour with Belize Exotic Adventures and even though our cruise ship was delayed due to weather, there was no problem arriving at the port. They offered an excursion not offered by the cruise line. Javon (Jay) was our guide and this man was very friendly and extremely knowledgeable about the sites and local life. This excursion was just with the family and it felt very custom and intimate. The hospitality was top notch and I would definitely use them again and even request Jay again as well. Very professional and well worth the price. If I end up moving to Belize, might just have to contact Jay for help relocating!!

Reviewed September 19, 2018

We took the cave tubing tour with Belize Exotic Adventure. They were on time, very professional, and took care of every need possible. Our tour started out with a tour of the city of Belize. Then we drove to the cave site where we had a twenty minute walk to the caves. Along the way our guide explained about the different types of vegitation, insects, and animals nearby. He then literally pulled and navigated our tubes through the river. After we changed into dry clothes and had a delicious lunch of chicken, rice and beans, coleslaw, and lemon aid. We were so glad we chose this company and would go with them again in a heart beat.

Reviewed September 8, 2018

I went to Belize with my mom and sister in August and we absolutely loved our tour with Nickoli! Beside some the basics of a fun tour of the ruins and city, as he drove he told us all about the history of Belize, his experiences growing up there, and all sorts of interesting facts and stories. He even helped us figure out a more efficient way to get typo the next part of our trip in Ambergis Caye and came back to our hotel later on to drive us to the airport!

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic tour, great guides! A lot of walking and the opportunity to climb the highest structure. Several sitings of monkeys in the trees. A refreshing river cruise - fast and fun! Definitely do it again! Thanks J, Elmer, and Phillipe!

Reviewed August 24, 2018

We booked a day tour of the Lamanai ruins. Email contact was clear, quick, and easy to set up. They met us as scheduled at the ferry terminal when the boat arrived.

Our guide was Natalie, and she was extremely knowledgeable and easy to talk to. She gave lots of interesting insight into life in Belize, which we greatly appreciated.

The ruins themselves were excellent, and Natalie got us back to our ferry on time for departure as we had requested. All in all, it was an excellent day and one of the highlights of the trip. I'd have no hesitation recommending Belize Exotic Adventures to someone.

Pro tip - if your schedule allows, check to see when the cruise boats are in town, and book on the days when they're not. We did this, and literally had the ruins to ourselves for the day. No lines, no photobombs, and individual attention.

Reviewed August 16, 2018

Nicholi and Eric were great! We had 4 days of private tours, for a family of 4. We were picked up every day, on time. and went to ALL the main attractions on the Main Land. Cave Tubing, Zip Lining, The Zoo, ATM Cave, Barton Creek Cave, Big Rock Falls, Mayan Ruins. Nicholi made our tours personal, and always added little perks. He got to know us a bit, and suggested things, like breakfast at his favorite spot.
You won't regret a tour with this company!