Book In Advance
Tours from V.I.V. Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience V.I.V. Tours
Cave-tubing
4 Reviews
from $49.00
More Info
All reviews cave kayaking the river other companies zip lining cruise ship cave system starting point private tour flora and fauna trees and plants van ride bbq chicken interesting facts amazing tour dry clothes smaller group rice
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

We had Abner and Fab who took us on a cave tour. They went above and beyond, not only showing us the typical parts, but showing us the special animals and fruit/nuts in the area. I don’t think there could be any better guides!

Also you can bring items that can get wet - they can stay in the vehicle. They make sure that you get back on time (for your cruise or whatever). We brought a cell phone and it did not get wet- although I would advise a water proof bag (you can buy them there). Also get some orange Fanta afterward!

1  Thank Bethany I
Reviewed June 28, 2018

VIV Tours were fantastic! Narcisco was extremely helpful in booking our tour and answered all my questions quickly. VIV was waiting for us as soon as we left the ship terminal on Belize and walked us to our van for boarding. Jeremy was our tour guide and he was so knowledgeable about the area and navigated us through the caves and all the people using tubes with ease. My 18 and 14 year old children loved every minute of the kayak and cave tour and zipline tour. Highly recommend!

Date of experience: June 2018
Vivtours B, Manager at V.I.V. Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2018

Awesome, thanks for your review, we are happy to hear that your family had a Fantastic time exploring the caves and doing the zipline. on behalf of our V.i.V. crew, thanks for choosing us.

Reviewed June 23, 2018

We first had a ride to the cave area. It was long but as expected. Walked to the area where the kayaks were. Had a wonderful kayak trip through the caves and on the open river. Great guide. Only complaint was that we were told to meet at 9:00 at the pier and when we arrived at 8:50 we were told we were not going to leave until 9:30 so we had almost 40 minutes of wasted time. We should have been told the correct time. Other problem was at the end of the kayaking there was limited food for purchase as the places there had run out of food. I would suggest insect repellent as I did get some bites (only me though out of a party of 4) and a change of clothes as there are facilities to change which we did not know. Overall a must do. We have done the cave tubing a couple times so this was a good experience and we were able to see a little more of the caves.

1  Thank Suzanne G
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

I did the cave tubing & ziplining tour. We did six ziplining spots and it kept getting better and better. The guides gave us a geography, botanical & history lesson during every part of the trip. Cave tubing was so fun we learned about the Mayan history. The views were panoramic & I loved every moment of it. They really took their time and made sure we all enjoyed every moment of it. Please bring your go pro or water proof camera the sites are breath taking.

Reviewed May 29, 2018

This tour totally exceeded my expectations! I was traveling with 7 family members ages 25-55 on a Carnival cruise and wanted to do something outside the normal cruise expeditions. I was nervous to book a third party tour, but VIV Tours totally took care of us. After tendering to shore it was easy to find our tour company at 9 a.m. as advised, but the only downside was that we waited around for an hour because another group had also booked the same tour but never showed up. Standing in the hot sun with no information about when we might be leaving was frustrating, but it ended up just being the 8 of us for the tour, so I can't complain too much!

I can't say enough good things about our guide Abner. During the hour-long ride to the caves, he gave us candid and thoughtful explanations of sights we were passing and Belizean culture. When we arrived at the site we changed and bought a quick snack and geared up we could leave our backpacks in the van which was nice and took a leisurely 30 minute walk through the forest to the caves. Along the way Abner went out of his way to point out different fruits, trees, animals...he even talked us into eating termites! We crossed three rivers on foot, but the rest of the trail was wide and flat. The mouth of the caves were filled with hoards of tubers--we hopped into our double kayaks and glided past them into the first of several caves. The tubing groups could only go a couple caves in, and soon enough we were cruising along by ourselves through cave after cave that most people don't get to see. It was truly magical--we entered one that was FILLED with bats cool, not scary! and turned off our headlamps and sat in the darkness and silence for a bit. We stopped off on a small beach area to stretch our legs and jump off a rock under Abner's guidance. The second half was kayaking down the river, but the water was very low which caused us to get stuck and/or have to get out and walk a lot which was a bummer. Nevertheless Abner kept us in good spirits and got us back to the starting point, where we cleaned up, grabbed a cold beer, and Abner got us a delicious local lunch of beans, rice, chicken, and soda for 10 each that we ate on the drive back. We were hiking and kayaking for so long that I was worried about getting back to the ship on time 4:30, but Abner got us back with plenty to spare, and it was amazing how much we were able to fit in during our stop!

I have been cave tubing in Belize before, and it was somewhat forgettable. The hiking and kayaking can be more tiring mostly because of its length, but if you're comfortably mobile I would 100 recommend this over the tubing--you see so much more, and the people in the tubes looked pretty bored honestly. My parents had never kayaked before and went slow but still had a great time as well. Be sure to bring water and snacks, and wear sandals that strap to your feet, toe shoes, or Crocs really!. You can also rent Crocs for 3. The drive to and from the caves is fast and bumpy so keep that in mind if you get carsick. Overall I'd highly recommend this excursion--we were well taken care of, it felt very exclusive and unique, and it was honestly better than a private tour I booked in another port! Abner is a fantastic ambassador of Belize.

Date of experience: May 2018