“Cave Kayaking”
Review of UpClose Belize

UpClose Belize
More attraction details
Owner description: The best Belize Tours, Belize Vacation Packages, and Belize Group Expeditions - at the best prices! We GUARANTEE that we can create a vacation experience in Belize unique to your interests while matching your budget. Our itineraries are completely free, and with no obligation to book! Give us a try - there is absolutely nothing to lose and a wonderful vacation in Belize to gain! We have never met a budget we could not match - ever! We have never had an itinerary too complex to complete - including overnight side trips to Mexico & Guatemala! Born and raised in this jewel we call Belize, we are the Belize Adventure Experts you can trust to help you plan your best Belize tours, accommodation, and transfers.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed December 4, 2014

Our experience with UCB was fantastic from start to finish. Kimberlee made the reservation process easy & noted our preference for a vegan lunch. She delivered, too, with a large assortment of fresh delicious local fruits. Clear instructions were provided on where to meet our guide, Joel, who was professional, knowledgeable & FUN. He shared his thorough knowledge of the jungle, cave system & local culture with us (1adult, 2 teens). He also accommodated our request to stop on the drive for fresh coconuts. It was evident he enjoys what he does and strives to ensure safety & satisfaction of his guests. He truly went the extra mile for us. The van, kayaks & kayaking equipment were clean & well maintained. We returned with plenty of time to do some shopping before returning to our ship. I prefer not to book excursions through the cruise line & UpClose Belize exceeded our expectations. This was one of our all time favorite excursions. I highly recommend UpClose Belize & will definitely book with them again.

Reviewed November 28, 2014

Arrived in Belize on a wet misty morning and where met at the port by Joel. We had planned a trip to the Mayan Temple at Xunantunich , he assured us we had time to do the ship being late docking. So we left Belize City whilst Joel gave us lots of info about Belize as we travelled across the country he pointed out places of interest. We arrived at the Mopan River and crossed on the Hand cranked ferry. We arrived at the site where Joel provided us with a very informative guided tour, as we climbed to the top of the temple. The views where fantastic. We then had the journey back to the port which took approx 1 1/2 hours each way, on the way back we stopped at a small road side cafe fir a local lunch of rice and beans and a very hot pepper sauce. We made it back to the port with approx 20 mins to spare, fantastic day, so glad we did this trip and would definitely use this company again.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

This was our first visit to Belize and Kim did a tremendous job creating an itinerary that achieved exactly what we were looking to get out of our trip. She lined up great resorts, tours and activities that allowed us to experience a broad range of what the country has to offer in an itinerary that fit our schedule and budget perfectly. Kim really went above and beyond when upon arrival we had to make some unplanned changes to our itinerary, and she shifted around all our previously scheduled activities as well as found some new ones that fit our needs. It was great to work with someone who was so helpful throughout the entire process: from the day we decided to book all the way through the last day of our stay.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We were very late in getting to our tour guides, Sandra and Joel. They waited patiently for more than 3 hours and when we finally got to them I thought there is no way we could still do our tours. However, they told us we could still get in our cave tubing and ziplining. They both told us about their country and it's ways of life while driving to Caves Branch. They were very interesting and humorous with my son and his friends teenage questions along with having a genuine love for their country. They got us to the zipline and Joel hustled us to the line. Really cool ziplining in the jungle. Next we went to the river for cave tubing and we did not have time to waste. Joel worked hard to get us thru quickly and Sandra even jumped in also to move us along. They both did a great job in pointing out all the features of the cave even as we hurried along. We all thought the caves were very cool. When we got back to their van (which was air conditioned and clean), Joel got us our lunches and we ate on the way back to our cruise ship. Not sure what we ate but myself and three 19 year olds loved it. I was amazed they got us through our tours and with even time to spare. They were a pleasure to be around, very friendly, fun and hard workers. They could have left us because we were so late but I thank them for staying and completing our tours. This tour with Up Close Belize was exactly what we wanted, thrilling and scenic. Would definitely recommend them and will use them again. It was an exciting adventure thanks to Sandra and Joel.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We loved every minute of what we did and loved Belize the country and the people. Joel and Kevin were both wonderful to us. They shared the love of their country and their kindness. Our first resort, Midas, was so perfectly located. We walked to town every night to enjoy the sights and food and drink. We especially enjoyed going early in the morning for market day. What a treat. The activities were exciting and Kim did a marvelous job coordinating them. Kevin was so much fun to be with. We thought he was very special. I loved Caracol. I even enjoyed the road there. Kevin spotted some amazing birds while we were there and got pictures for me. There were some pleasant surprises Kim had for us--the luncheons, Kevin tubing with us and driving us to Placencia and the local plane back to Belize City. Great treats! Our second resort, Maya Beach, was grand. We had a huge room on the upper deck facing the ocean. Ellen and John were so gracious the entire stay. They never even gave it a second thought when they offered to take us to the airport. The food at their Bistro was sumptuous. We took the bus to town and enjoyed the beauty of Placencia. Our crew for snorkeling was so much fun and found many sea creatures for us to observe. We told Ellen we had bumps, bruises, burns and bites and it, unfortunately, was time to go back home. She added one more "B" word, belly. The food throughout Belize was excellent and I did gain 5 pounds and enjoyed every bite of it. There isn't a thing I would have changed or wanted any different. Kim did an excellent job arranging my requests. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You made my trip to Belize one I will always remember and brag about. I will definitely recommend Belize as a great country to visit and Kim Chanona as a fantastic tour organizer and Kevin as a great guide and friend.