Review Highlights
Nice place in the sun

Reviewed May 9, 2017
Richard B
via mobile
Manmade island (Starfish Island)

Reviewed March 30, 2016

from $70.00
from $90.00
from $55.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 9, 2017

We really enjoyed our excursion at this tiny little island. Food was good, restrooms were clean. Go early as cruise line excursions start to crowd the area.

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed October 9, 2016

We got off the ship and the men who were on board of starfish island were amazing. They absolutely made out trip. When we went snorkeling they helped my husband and I see new creatures up close. They were also very patient when my mask wouldn't work. At the island the food was amazing. The island itself was clean and beautiful. I enjoyed it the most...out of anywhere we went. When we were coming back to the ship the men turned up the music and we all danced above the ship. This experience was great!! Thank you guys!!

Date of experience: July 2016
3  Thank Samantha M
Reviewed April 29, 2016 via mobile

This is my 9th cruise and I have done many excursions in the past. This is by far the worst! We were stuck on this "beach" with no way of returning back to the ship for 4 hours. The water is murky and dirty feeling. It is not clear and you have no clue what's under you. The sand is fragmented shells which stick to your clothing and shoes and it makes it very rough on your feet. We ordered drinks from our lounge chairs and after paying $20 for 2 drinks we realized there was no alcohol in them even though the menu stated so. We asked the bartender about it and she said she "wasn't sure if there was alcohol". People were literally running to the boat that takes you back to the ship when it was time to return. I'm shocked that this is even offered as an excursion! Never again!!

Date of experience: April 2016
9  Thank Grace F
Reviewed March 30, 2016

We had a stop here as part of our cruise snorkeling excursion. It is a manmade island so the beach area is not that great. There are bathrooms, plenty of beach chairs, sand volleyball, a restaurant and a very small souvenir shop. It was OK to spend about an hour here after our snorkeling adventure, but I would not book this as an excursion on its own. There are definitely better beaches/keys to visit in Belize.

Date of experience: December 2015
4  Thank sheimar
Reviewed March 20, 2016 via mobile

We went with our family and my In laws. Everyone loved it! They had a great play area for small kids, a starfish and conch pool, chairs galore and a small beach area. We rented a kayak for $10 for 30 minutes. The water was so calm and we were able to go pretty far. The bar was great and the food was even better. The chicken gravy that they put over the coconut rice and beans was amazing. The sand is a little rough. A teen on our excursion was playing soccer barefooted on the beach and cut it toe pretty deep. They had a nurse stand on the beach. Things like that must happen pretty often.

Date of experience: March 2016