“Lunch at Birds Isle”

Ranked #4 of 102 Restaurants in Belize City
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We went to Birds Isle for a family lunch on a Saturday.The food was very good and our server (Anthony) was excellent. I had the Birds Isle Special drink and it was below average. It was weak and tasteless, but I managed to doctor it up with some fruit juice. The restaurant itself is not spectacular (e.g. plastic chairs and plastic covers on the table), but I guess they are going for a local island vibe. The music was way too loud and rowdy, but I give kudos to the DJ for promptly adjusting it once we told him that we wanted to be able to have a conversation over lunch. Overall, we had a good time and enjoyed being right on the Caribbean Sea. I would go back again, especially if Anthony is working. I'm taking off one star for the condition of the bathrooms. They were absolutely terrible. I'm glad I went AFTER I had eaten, and not before. I hope the owner takes note and does something about that. I suggest getting a pack of dynamites and blowing the entire restroom section off and building new ones.

2  Thank Maxceen A

Reviewed May 18, 2014

It was recommended by our hotel. We had very good fish and pork. The service was nice, and food was very reasonably priced. The restaurant has great views, but don't forget mosquito repellant if you want to seat outside

1  Thank 4everHoliday
Reviewed April 29, 2014

This was the highlight of our time in Belize City! We had an excellent snapper (the WHOLE fish grilled with a hot sauce coated skin), rice with black beans, coleslaw, fried plantains and we rolled away from the table. The portions were generous and food excellent. If you do nothing else in Belize try this place for a meal. The service was friendly and helpful and it's a bit of the real Belize. The customers were mainly locals and the thached roof and plastic chairs all gave it the local flavor that tourist so often miss in a city.

2  Thank PBTravelstheWorld
Reviewed April 26, 2014

A little bit of a far drive to get here from outside Belize City but heading south over the Swing Bridge and then straight down Albert street for a mile puts you at the restaurant on the water. Out waiter here was very attentive even though the place was busy and full of locals for lunch on a Friday. The Ceviche comes in a huge portion for $20 BZ and is highly recommended. The food here is cheap and we will come back many more times!

1  Thank devilpup88
Reviewed April 4, 2014

The Belize Port area is a well defined, fairly small area of shopping and a few restaurants. We were advised by the ship not to venture out into the city. But when we asked a local bartender where he liked to eat he said Bird's Isle is the best place on the island. I wouldn't advise walking there but our short taxi ride was fine and the well worth it. It is obviously a local place and the food, service, and view were great. A much nicer experience than the touristy places at the port. Highly recommended.

3  Thank ToddN2024