“High point of our stop in Belize”

Belize Cruise Excursions - Goff's Caye Beach and Snorkeling Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This fantastic excursion showcases this marvelous Tropical location, Goff's Caye! The Atoll features 2 acres of Tropical Paradise where you will find beautiful, natural white sand and one of the very few pristine beaches found in the entire Country of Belize. Goff's Caye is not a man-made beach, it is a natural wonder!
114 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 130 helpful votes
“High point of our stop in Belize”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We reserved our spots to Goff's Caye through the website link on Trip Advisor, our friends through Island Marketing. Our reservations turned out to be about $5 per person cheaper than our friend's, but we all were in the same group, as Island Marketing/Ecotours essentially takes care of it all.

We found the tour shack pretty easy once off our tender from our cruise. We waited in the heat for about 30 minutes until it was time for us to load up for the 30 minute ride to the Caye. They did offer us water as we waited.

The boat ride over was uneventful and as we approached everyone on board was stunned by how beautiful this key, in its isolation, lay and the clarity of the water.

We spent some time on shore, playing in the shallows, until it was time for us to head out on our snorkeling adventure. The guides were very good at explaining everything and took us out on a boat, and we paddled as we snorkeled back towards the Caye, with the help of the currents. We saw many variety of reef fish and other aquatic species (cucumber, urchin, ray). We couldn't have asked for clearer water, better weather or subtle currents. Even the children in the group did great.

My wife was unable to go with the larger group as we have 2 little ones that stayed on shore. The guides volunteered to take her out, individually, and give her a tour as well.

We did not eat on the island but did have some of the punch and water. We really enjoyed our guides, particularly Bruce, as they were helpful, conversant and very fun.

What a great place!

2 Thank okmac

• Czech first
Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Beautiful time in Goff's Caye”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

My husband and I booked this tour through Princess. The snorkel company was Chukka. We were picked up directly from our ship and returned directly back. No tender involved!!
It took thirty minutes to get to Goff's Caye, but the boat crew provided us with pictures of what we might see under water and then answered our questions about Belize. They were extremely knowledgeable.
After getting our gear on the small island we were taken out a bit from the shore by our boat and taken on a snorkeling tour. The currents were strong and snorkel vests were mandatory.we snorkeled for about an hour and then were taken back to the island for about 45 minutes to enjoy the beach, a rum punch or eat BBQ.
What really impressed me about Chukka was their attention and dedication to safety. They had at least 8 employees in the water with us, three employees in kayaks surrounding us and the larger boat nearby watching us from above the water. All one had to do was raise their hand and a staff member was right there to assist. I felt very safe and in very capable hands.

3 Thank wanderinggreek
Oklahoma
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Beautiful island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

We booked this excursion through Island Marketing on our Belize cruise stop. I'm so glad we chose this tiny island, it was absolutely gorgeous. We had about a 30 minute boat ride from the dock. The water was so clear that the pictures look like we are in a swimming pool! We found starfish, conch and even saw some dolphins. I didn't go snorkeling because I was with small children but I imagine it would have been amazing. When it was time to head back we did NOT want to leave!!! Getting a taste of this island makes me want to go back to Belize and spend a week there instead of just a few hours. And we had no issues with Island Marketing, they did a great job, everything went smoothly.

1 Thank GRP77
Casa Grande, Arizona
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I booked with Island marketing instead of booking an excursion through our cruise line . The tour guides were extremely friendly and I enjoyed spending the day with them. The boat ride to the island took about 30 minutes. The island is very small. We snorkeled around the entire island. The snorkeling was very nice and I even saw a sea turtle. The water off the island was the clearest brilliant blue. A man made and sold lunch on the island. It was grilled chicken and was delicious. There were probably 40 to 50 people on the island with us but it didn't feel crowded. It is a magical place!

Visited November 2012
4 Thank bradygalpal
Atlanta, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great snorkeling experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

We recently took this excursion when our Carnival boat stopped in Belize. We loved it! There is a lot of boat time - first the tender ride in to Belize, then the boat ride to the island. We were in Janine's group - thanks, Janine! Once we got there, I stayed behind with our toddler for some beach time, while my husband and two daughters (9) and (8) went out on the boat to go snorkeling, Once they started snorkeling, they split into smaller groups, and let the currents bring them back to shore. There were only 6 people in their group, along with their guide, Herbert (Herbie). He did great making the girls feel comfortable and safe. He even took my husband's waterproof camera, dove down deep, and snapped a picture of the family from underwater (one of our favorite pics from the trip, and the cover of my vacation album on facebook!). Thanks, Herbie!!

For anyone who will be spending time on the beach, I highly recommend that you bring water shoes. There are quite a few rocks in the water. Our guides showed us the safest area to swim, but there were still a few rocks, so just come prepared!

They provided unlmited bottled (actually bagged, very cool) water, and rum punch. I can't really say how good it was...since I was there with a toddler I only had one glass.

I would absolutely take this trip again if we return to Belize, and would definitely recommend it to a friend!!

Visited February 2013
5 Thank Julie O

Travelers who viewed Belize Cruise Excursions - Goff's Caye Beach and Snorkeling Tour also viewed

Belize City, Belize District
Belize City, Belize District

Been to Belize Cruise Excursions - Goff's Caye Beach and Snorkeling Tour? Share your experiences!