“Unbelievably fun, amazingly beautiful, wonderful...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Spanish first
Any
Robdes1
“Unbelievably fun, amazingly beautiful, wonderful people!”
Reviewed July 25, 2018 for a stay in July 2018
person found this review helpful

Our family spent a week aboard Island Girl with Captain Dave and Ellen cruising through the islands south of Belize City. It was awesome. The kids (ages 3, 7, and 9) loved it as did my wife and I. The tiny islands that we visited were impossibly pretty. I mentioned to Ellen that they were like cartoon versions of tropical islands- simply too beautiful to be real. Dave did a great job of planning the itinerary and didn't even crash the boat! Haha. Ellen is an amazing cook. Highlights included lobster pasta, fresh caught lobster and crab soup, broiled lobster, and grilled burgers on the beach. Both of them were fantastic with the kids- all three have all mentioned that they miss Captain Dave and Miss Ellen. And both of them are simply great folks that my wife and I now count as good friends. I am looking forward to being aboard with them again soon!

Your age range 35-49
kiwi2061
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Fantastic!!!!”
Reviewed July 16, 2018 for a stay in July 2018

From the moment we boarded we were treated like royalty! Sarah our Captain was fantastic! Very knowledgeable and professional! She saw to it that I passed my Sailing 103/104 and 114 but still had fun doing it!!! Christy our first mate made the most unbeliable meals! Everyday we woke up to a fantastic breakfast and when we were done with our activities lunch and dinner were waiting! She also makes a awesome Rum Punch! Had a ton on fun in San Pedro! Christy drove us to the Secret Beach and the Truck stop... We also did a fantastic snorkel with the Nurse Sharks.
We had a fun few hours at Goffs Cay, as seen on the drone picture... FYI, you need a permit to bring a drone into Belize!!!
Our last night was Starfish Island. It’s a private island for cruise ships. We had it to ourselves!! Christy went out of her way to get permission for us to stay!! It was fantastic! Christy and Sarah made us Lobster, Snapper and Shrimp etc for our last night and baked us a cake for our anniversary!! Prior we all had fun running around a water obstacle coarse! So sad it’s over!!!
You won’t be disappointed with Belize Sailing!!!

Patrick H
“Make-A-Wish come true with Belize Sailing Vacations”
Reviewed July 15, 2018 for a stay in July 2018

Our son chose Caribbean snorkeling as his Make-A-Wish following cancer treatment and Belize Sailing Vacations worked with the MAW team to set up the trip. From the moment we boarded the Nera, Captain Reuben and First Mate Sarah took charge to make our journey unforgettable. The Nera was appointed with everything we needed for the excursion. During our five day, four night trip we stopped on two private islands, San Pedro on Ambergris Caye, Caye Caulker and St George Island. At each stop we snorkeled along the reef, fished and learned about the Belizean lifestyle. During the voyage, Chef Sarah prepared wonderful breakfasts, lunch, snacks and some truly amazing dinners of fish, lobster, pork and chicken. There was barely less than a clean plate at every meal! The entire team at Belize Sailing Vacations is top notch and paid attention to every detail to make our sail memorable.

Your age range 35-49
coachkim2...
Adamstown
“Birthday Trip Of A Lifetime”
Reviewed July 9, 2018 for a stay in June 2018

What an amazing trip my family had on the Palometa with Ruben and Christy!! To try to highlight the very best part would be impossible. Christy was a magician in the kitchen preparing fresh local cuisine to suit everyone's needs. She was also our tour guide on land taking us to the best bars to get a taste of the local nightlife. Ruben had the professionalism of a master Captain by day and newest best friend of the family in the evenings as we played liars dice or celebrated my 50th birthday on our own private island. The snorkeling adventures were "the best snorkeling ever" each place we were taken and the last was truly the best as Ruben swam with us pointing out so many hidden treasures along the way. I can only hope to be able to do a return trip someday soon!

laurapaci...
Santa Barbara, California
“UnBelizeable”
Reviewed June 12, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

We did a 4 night/5 day sail with 4 couples and the boat and staff absolutely exceeded my expectations. Our captain was Jesse and his wife Carla was our chef - both so good at what they do and they were such great people. I’ve never tried anything like this before but I definitely will again!

Michael N
Santa Barbara, California, United States
“Un-Belizeable holiday!”
Reviewed June 12, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

In a word - Un-Belizeable! As my 50th birthday approached, I wanted to plan an unforgettable holiday. We chose Belize. I contacted Rachael, Cliff and Patricia at Absolute Belize/Belize Sailing Vacations. Loaded with a lot of questions they listened and set up our amazing adventure. We rented a catamaran for a 5 day sail then 5 day's on Caye Caulker. Everything went off without a hitch. The Catamaran was fully provisioned with food, drink, snorkel gear, kayaks, paddle boards and beach toys. The cap't (Jesse) and crew (Karla) were top notch. Sailing inside the reef, the Caribbean provided a postcard like setting for our adventure both above and below the water. Once we arrived Caye Caulker, we were met at the boat where all of our gear was transported to The Caye Reef Resort. We rented 5 of the 6 rooms and had the entire seaside resort to ourselves. Bobbie and Danny, the resort managers were oh so helpful and kind. 3 weeks removed from paradise the vibe is still alive. Rest assured, we will be back.

Jennifer...
“Sailing Vacation - Worth waiting 25 years for!!!”
Reviewed June 3, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

My husband and I just finished 4 nights sailing on Island Girl with Captain Dave and first mate/chef Clodia for our 25th anniversary. We wanted something very special, have been recently PADI certified and had done many sailing day trips. This was truly an experience of a lifetime. From the minute we were greeting at the dock with a hug and a warm smile, we knew this was just what we wanted. Captain Dave, is much more than a captain; he's an ocean tour guide, snorkel buddy and great coconut hunter. He even found us a deserted island to hang out alone for a while complete with a bottle of champagne. Clodia is a terrific chef whipping up anything you desire in a galley kitchen. My husband caught a bonita off the back of the boat and within minutes we had beautifully presented sashimi. I was a little nervous on my first dive so Clodia (a diver master herself) went along.
We saw a piece of Belize not everyone sees, going to more remote islands and snorkeling on some amazing parts of the reef.
I have been a trip advisor member for 5 years and this is my first review. That's how incredible this vacation was. And we will not wait 25 years to go again!!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing