“The World Stopped - Suspended in Time”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Debbie L
Costa Rica
“The World Stopped - Suspended in Time”
Reviewed June 21, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Our trip on one of the beautiful sailing catamarans was wonderful. We had excellent weather, snorkeling, and wind!
Ellis our captain as an expert, intuitive sailor, let us help if we wanted to but, otherwise things just happened, it all seemed so effortless to him, with grace and instinct only an experienced sailor can provide.
Christy our chef was amazing, cooking up the fish we caught, meals where interesting and always delicious. It is great to just hear the bell ring and have food to eat, no decisions to make. I'd like one of her 'Pain-killers' drinks right about now! (Ellis' sister, Ellen, cooked for us the last few days, she was amazing too!)
We visited unique places, secluded islands, secret reefs and swam in crystal clear waters teaming with life.
Thank you for creating this special experience where the world can stop for a while-we just sail along. After our 9 day trip, we pulled into the marina and set foot back to civilization, things felt a bit different, more at ease and brighter.

Traveling group: Friends
jenniferb...
Buna, Texas
“The perfect getaway”
Reviewed June 14, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Wow! What an amazing vacation!! This was our second trip to Belize but first trip with Belize Sailing Vacations and we were completely blown away in every aspect of the trip. Our crew, Jesse and Kanie, were superb and took amazing care of us. The food was spectacular and every need and request was granted. There is not a better way to visit Belize and we are already planning our return! I highly recommend this vacation and most importantly Jesse and Kanie are a must have to make it complete!

Traveling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Lisa E
New York City, New York
“The most amazing trip ever”
Reviewed June 12, 2016 for a stay in May 2016
people found this review helpful

I can't say it enough.. The trip with Belize sailing vacations was just amazing.. I also doing it again. Our 4 day trip with captain Matt and first mate Danny was again just amazing.. I've traveled a lot, but this was my first ever trip on a chartered catamaran, Palometa. Matt and Danny made the trip so just more memorable, their cooking absolutely amazing, Danny's fresh catch of the day, always a hit. Their knowledge of the area made is just so much better. Matts stories from around the world, so entertaining. Got to swim with the nurse sharks, sting rays and a sea turtle. The snorkeling, kayaking and paddle boarding was icing on the cake. This was also during my birthday, the big 40, and I couldn't have asked for more, the best way ever to celebrate.
As I said, I'm so coming back. The 4 day trip was just great, but might need to consider 7 days next time :-)
Loved the small islands we visited, also San Pedro on Ambergris Caye, fun town. Our two nights on Caye Caulker, just perfect. BSV was so helpful with all the arrangements, hotel recommendations, transfers and all..
I'll be back

kpu2016
Atlanta, Georgia
“Most beautiful and relaxing vacation ever!”
Reviewed June 11, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

This is our second sailing trip with BSV and this one was even more fabulous than the last. Our 2 college age children came with my husband and me . Our Captain Jesse and Chef Kainie were great! My husband and son both got their sailing certification completed on this trip as well. We went to the most beautiful picturesque islands with hardly anyone there. The snorkeling was great. We had success catching some yummy fish.Kaine cooked us awesome meals and Jesse worked hard enabling us to relax and enjoy a wonderful vacation. BSV think of everything and make it so easy to just show up and relax. We highly recommend this company

Traveling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
cciers
Arlington, Virginia
“Best Vacation Ever”
Reviewed June 9, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

There is not enough space on a TripAdvisor review to properly articulate the experience we had with Chef Michela's and Captain Francesco on the vessel Doris. Francesco is a master sailor that a power boater can respect. We enjoyed his knowledge of the region to transport us to the many breath taking destinations off the coast of Belize. Along with Chef Michela’s culinary and presentation skills, she has mastered her craft into a true a work of art. You feel a little guilt eating the master pieces she serves you for every meal. There was nothing that was not provided for us on this trip. Wendy and I couldn’t ask for a better crew to explore the beautiful islands and reefs of the coast of Belize. Chef Michela's and Captain Francesco service was above and beyond my expectations. This was truly the best vacation of our lives. Pictures might be the only way to truly capture the once in a lifetime experiences we were provided by Belize Sailing Vacations. Enjoy!

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Families with young children Large groups
Melanie M
“Good Stuff!!!!”
Reviewed June 1, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

My husband and I just returned from a trip aboard the Aubisque with captain Matt and first mate, Clodia. Another couple joined us for a six night sail, while Glynn and I got our 101/103 sailing certification with captain Matt. We had an incredible time of learning, relaxing, sailing, snorkeling, and enjoying the culinary delights that Clodia brought up from the galley. This was the first charter for both us and our friends, and it was truly a pleasure. It was amazingly easy with first, Mandy, and then Marissa, giving us tips for packing and traveling. Captain Matt entertained us frequently with stories of his own sailing adventures and his life abroad, which has been quite different from ours here on our farm. He organized and arranged for guides to take us snorkeling and even found a monohull for us to practice our new skills of sailing, a wooden Belizean built guide vessel. Kuddos on the Ragagal! What an experience! Clodia was a warm and gracious hostess, meeting even our early morning coffee desires since I couldn't sleep after dawn awakened each day. Each of our snorkeling guides was also very pleasurable and accomodating. We swam with rays, nurse sharks, a sea turtle, and snorkeled in at least seven locations along Belize's barrier reef. The meals we ate on shore in Key Caulker and San Pedro were wonderful. The only things we might have missed out on were the lobsters as we missed the season! We would definitely make this trip again and just plan to stay longer!

Liked best: Everything
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway
Dave C
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“ASA Flotilla - A Huge Success!”
Reviewed May 31, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Up front I have to say that I am a professional sailor, own a sailing school and know the difference between a quality operation and one that is not.

ASA offered this trip as a flotilla providing the ability to rent individual cabins instead of the worry of renting the entire boat. It is a huge risk to the charter company, but a great way to sample sailing for enthusiasts that can't afford an entire boat.

Our crew, Captain Jesse and gourmet cook Kainie were professional and accommodating to everyone's wishes and preferences. They were flexible in cruise destination routing and meal service. We had to beg Kainie to cut back on the proportions because everything was so delicious and we were so stuffed afterwards, trying not to waste great food!

The unpredictability of boats and the sea can be demanding and Captain Jesse had his hands full at times, but he was always willing to have guests take the helm, trim the sheets and even haul the anchor; if that's what they wanted to do. If not, others were welcome to kick back on "Island Time" and enjoy the ride!

There was something for everyone; including a variety of destinations and even an opportunity to take a run out to the Silk Islands for some fantastic diving or snorkeling.

It is very obvious that this is a quality operation that cares and strives to exceed expectations to make dreams come true for others. Belize Sailing Vacations is a bold operation with the courage and commitment to customer service and excellence in all that they do. In the sailing charter business, that's a tough challenge!

I seldom write Trip Advisor reviews, but when I do, they usually reflect the passion and excitement that I feel when I find an operation that is over the top. No one knows better than I do, what it takes to ensure success during Caribbean Charters. BSV got it right; including the weather.

From the moment I began working with their Customer Service staff, I had a positive feeling about this operation and I'm pleased to confirm that they delivered all that was promised and more. The professional follow up and tracking of our booking was on the mark. Transportation to/from the airport was on the mark. We were all taken care of at each juncture. WiFi access during the trip was appreciated and nearly constant; even in the remote island areas.

Our group of experienced sailors was a tough crowd to please and you definitely did your homework. Great job guys.

We will be back next season with more sailors.

Thanks

Capt. Dave Crumbley
Windsong Sailing Academy, Inc.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The boat was comfortable and A/C was a great luxury
Liked least: Having to go home on the last day. What a wonderful experience it was!
Traveling group: Large Group
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing