“Fun place”

Ranked #4 of 91 Restaurants in Belize City
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Convenient location on the pier of the Belize cruise ship port. Downstairs offers great cocktails and light snacks, the upstairs is a full restaurant offering the best of Belizean cuisine. Conch, shrimp, fresh fish. Everything is made fresh daily. A great place to spend the day, to relax, or get up dance and party with us.
Vancouver, BC
“Fun place”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

The Wet Lizard is in the cruise ship village, where the tenders dock, so it is a convenient, 'safe' place to eat. We had lunch with our two teens and enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. We sat in the actual restaurant, up on the second level. Quick service and good food - what more can you ask for?!

gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
So glad you stopped by and had a good time. Its always good to hear from our guests, and I will be sure to pass your comments on. We will be revamping the upstairs soon, so when you come back be sure to stop in and see the changes.

Sherwood, Oregon
“Fun Vacation!”
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

This place is a must visit when you are in Belize City. This was the second time my wife and I visited the restaurant and we left very satisfied.

Their customer service is amazing! Our waitress was quick and very efficient when taking our order. I thought that the use of the iphone was a brilliant way of taking the order.

The food was delicious! The food came to us hot, fresh and enticing!!! The menu had a lot of delicious selections to choose from.

Overall, it was great to be back and we will go back again. Say hello to the folks at the Wet Lizard!!!

gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
THanks so much for stopping in, and writing your review. I do appreciate you taking the time and letting others know of your experience. The IPhone thing is definitely new to Belize and they are slowing getting the hang of it. Glad to hear that your experience was a great memorable one. We do work very hard at making everything fresh daily and helping our guests have a great time. Hope to see you again soon, be sure to say hello.
Hoonah, Alaska
“Conk Ceviche!”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We did a Spring Break Cruise and Belize was one of the stops. Not much to see in port and not much time to do anything. We did stop in at the Wet Lizard for their highly touted Conk Ceviche. There was 2 of us so we opted for a single large order of Ceviche an a side of fried Plantains. The Ceviche was outstanding and the order was HUGE! The plantains were awesome as well! Crispy and garlicy! The bar itself was lively and internet while slow was free with an order.

gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Thanks so much for stopping by and giving us your comments. I am so glad you enjoyed the food and fun at the Wet Lizard, we work very hard at trying to make all our guests have a good time and enjoy their experience. Sorry about the internet, that is something that is always a problem with every one in Belize most internet services are very slow.
Hope you come back and visits with us again.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Lots of Changes in last 10 years”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We have come here every couple of years since the Wet Lizard opened. The whole area has changed, bringing more competition, crowding and making it look more like Cozumel. Not a great thing in my opinion. This time we had the conch, which was very good. The "nachos" were not worth the money, just chips with some cheese sauce spooned on top. The Beliken beer is a must have on every trip. They'll even pack you a six pack to go!! The service is very slow and if you sit in any of the open air parts (which is most of the restaurant), expect significant wind as a possibility.

gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Hi Staci:
i agree with you, there have been a lot of changes, fortunately Belize still has its small charm and eco friendly beautiful places to visit, and Belize has been lucky enough to be a popular desitination which is good for the country an its people.
Right now, it is going into summer, and we would love that gust of wind your referring to. Lol
Glad you had a good time and hopefully when you come back there won't be too many more changes. I know the Wet LIzard will stay the same.
See you again.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“A fun lunch in Belize”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We took the tender over to Belize just to check things out. We (group of 6) decided to have lunch at the Wet Lizard.
We sat upstairs which was great! We had a great view and nice breeze. I had the Lobster Roll sliders and my hubby had coconut shrimp. We enjoyed both our meals. Our friends had a mix of appetizers. They enjoyed a bucket of beer and we loved our frozen cocktails.
The only drawback here was slow service...I don't mean island slow...but s-l-o-w. Other than that I would go back again!

• Visited December 2013
gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Jenny:
thanks so much for stopping in, I am so glad your enjoyed your meal and your experience with us. Yes, I have to admit, I am trying my best to keep the staff hopping, but the Wet LIzard is a whole new experience for most of them and keeping them hopping is what they are not used too. I do have some fabulous staff members, and others are still in training, I am sorry that it was that slow. I will look into it.
Again, thanks and hope you stop back in again.