“Never again!”

Ranked #5 of 101 Restaurants in Belize City
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Convenient location on the pier of the Belize cruise ship port. Downstairs offers great cocktails and light snacks, the upstairs is a full restaurant offering the best of Belizean cuisine. Conch, shrimp, fresh fish. Everything is made fresh daily. A great place to spend the day, to relax, or get up dance and party with us.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Two Waitresses saw us sitting there and never waited on us! Never again! Go to Fat Tuesday!

1  Thank Valeriechance9
gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

I am very sorry about your experience with us. Good staff is very difficult to find anywhere and we are always on the search for good dedicated staff. We work diligently at training but sometimes that takes a bit of time and some people just can't get it. Trust me we give them a chance but quite a few don't make it. I am sorry that you were overlooked I know it was not intentional, it was new staff just trying to figure themselves out. We are continuing and will continue to search for staff whom can live up to our expectations and that of our guests. I do hope you give us another try.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We tried a Belizean beer and a frozen drink. We sat at the edge of the upper bar area, which offers good views of the port area. They have a lower bar area also, which is where I had to go to get the wifi passcode. They would not even give me the code, only enter it into my ipod themselves. It was the most secretive wifi code I have ever received. I was glad to get it to be able to do a FB checking from Belize.

gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write your comments. I wish the WiFi was so secretive, we just find it easier to put it in ourselves than having to take the time to explain what it is. The programer made it a long one, and I am truly not a computer genius to change it, so we just do it this way.
hope you enjoyed yourself and do come back for another visit.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We spent a couple hours at the lizard while waiting for an excursion. Excellent rum punch made with fresh squeezed juice! Local beer was yummy too! We didn't spend a evening in the port but this seemed like it would be a fun nightlife spot.

gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Hey Jen:
Thanks so much for your review, glad the hours you were here was good fun for you.
We love when guests just "dont want to leave" lol
hope to see you here again soon and be sure to say hello.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My mom and I visited Belize on our Caribbean cruise early in February. This place was highly recommended by some people on our ship. The food was very good...although the table service was slow. It seemed because we ordered water with our meals instead of alcohol, the waiter hardly ever came back to our table. Then when we wanted to pay, we had to hunt him down.
The general appearance of this restaurant is good. Clean and organized. You were allowed to sign your name and where you were from anywhere on the premises. Wall, table, chair, whatever...

gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thanks so much for your comments. We appreciate all the input we can get. I am sorry your service was slow, and trust me it had nothing to do with what you were ordering but all to do with the staff. We are constantly trying to train, or change to keep up with the demand of our customers. Hopefully next time you come back it will be different. I am glad that you enjoyed the nachos, And thanks for signing the walls, all donations are going to the Belize Cancer Society.
Thanks again and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

The Wet Lizard is a must if you go to Belize City! The staff is wonderful, the atmosphere is amazing and the food is great! We got to get our picture taking shots, and we got to sign the restaurant somewhere! This truly was a great place to go there!

gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Hi Corbett:
Thanks so much for coming by and having a party with us. Hope those shot pictures made it on our facebook page.
When you come back you'll have to try some new shot concoctions we are working on. See you soon and again, thanks for taking time to let us know that you had a good time with us.