“Best nachos, ever!!”

Ranked #5 of 94 Restaurants in Belize City
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Convenient location on the pier of the Belize cruise ship port. Downstairs offers great cocktails and light snacks, the upstairs is a full restaurant offering the best of Belizean cuisine. Conch, shrimp, fresh fish. Everything is made fresh daily. A great place to spend the day, to relax, or get up dance and party with us.
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My mom and I visited Belize on our Caribbean cruise early in February. This place was highly recommended by some people on our ship. The food was very good...although the table service was slow. It seemed because we ordered water with our meals instead of alcohol, the waiter hardly ever came back to our table. Then when we wanted to pay, we had to hunt him down.
The general appearance of this restaurant is good. Clean and organized. You were allowed to sign your name and where you were from anywhere on the premises. Wall, table, chair, whatever...

gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thanks so much for your comments. We appreciate all the input we can get. I am sorry your service was slow, and trust me it had nothing to do with what you were ordering but all to do with the staff. We are constantly trying to train, or change to keep up with the demand of our customers. Hopefully next time you come back it will be different. I am glad that you enjoyed the nachos, And thanks for signing the walls, all donations are going to the Belize Cancer Society.
Thanks again and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

The Wet Lizard is a must if you go to Belize City! The staff is wonderful, the atmosphere is amazing and the food is great! We got to get our picture taking shots, and we got to sign the restaurant somewhere! This truly was a great place to go there!

Hi Corbett:
Thanks so much for coming by and having a party with us. Hope those shot pictures made it on our facebook page.
When you come back you'll have to try some new shot concoctions we are working on. See you soon and again, thanks for taking time to let us know that you had a good time with us.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I had a great experience at the Wet Lizard... The food was great and I had the best pina colada in the world from there....

I tried the conch fritters and they were made jut rite with fresh veg, conch and spices to please your taste buds

Their food selections were great and there serving were ample to feed a bunch of us.. The nachos are to die for..... it was topped with cheese meat fresh homemade salsa and jalapeno

and even thought the staff was a bit busy because they were packed to capacity the atmosphere was friendly and we had the best view of the overall port

Thanks
Patricia

gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Hi Patricia:
Thanks so much for your comments. It is nice to know that our hard work and efforts are appreciated. The staff does get overwhelmed, but we all try our best to keep our customers happy
I am glad you enjoyed yourself and hope you come back to visit again.
Hopefully the breeze will keep blowing, and the view is always great.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Good Food, Fast Service. Decent bar food and nice mix of seafood on the menu and fresh fruit in the drinks :)

Not way over priced considering it is right in the port.

gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thanks for your comments about The Wet Lizard. Glad it was a good and positive experience for you. We are always trying to keep our customers happy and trying to improve and make a tastey menu that they will enjoy.
Hope you come back for a visit.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We were on a cruise to Belize so not much choice right at the docks, but we did enjoy our food! My son had the Best fish ever, fresh fried. I enjoyed the local Belikin beer with salt and lime! My husband had fish tacos. The place is lively w music blaring, but fun. Service was great and quick. We did not drink anything with ice or that was not sealed. We did not get sick at all which was not the case from others that went to Belize.

gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Thanks, so much I am happy that you all enjoyed your food and had a good time at The Wet Lizard. I appreciate you taking the time to post a comment. We look forward to reading them all. I hope that you will be back on a cruise, or even longer and enjoy more of the sites around the country and of course come back and have the fresh fish again. See you soon