“Best Vist at the Wet Lizard”
Review of Wet Lizard

Wet Lizard
Ranked #3 of 87 Restaurants in Belize City
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Convenient location on the pier of the Belize cruise ship port. Downstairs offers great cocktails and light snacks, the upstairs is a full restaurant offering the best of Belizean cuisine. Conch, shrimp, fresh fish. Everything is made fresh daily. A great place to spend the day, to relax, or get up dance and party with us.
San Ignacio, Cayo, Belize
“Best Vist at the Wet Lizard”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I had a great experience at the Wet Lizard... The food was great and I had the best pina colada in the world from there....

I tried the conch fritters and they were made jut rite with fresh veg, conch and spices to please your taste buds

Their food selections were great and there serving were ample to feed a bunch of us.. The nachos are to die for..... it was topped with cheese meat fresh homemade salsa and jalapeno

and even thought the staff was a bit busy because they were packed to capacity the atmosphere was friendly and we had the best view of the overall port

Thanks
Patricia

gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Hi Patricia:
Thanks so much for your comments. It is nice to know that our hard work and efforts are appreciated. The staff does get overwhelmed, but we all try our best to keep our customers happy
I am glad you enjoyed yourself and hope you come back to visit again.
Hopefully the breeze will keep blowing, and the view is always great.

Saskatoon, Canada
“Pretty good eats in the Port”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Good Food, Fast Service. Decent bar food and nice mix of seafood on the menu and fresh fruit in the drinks :)

Not way over priced considering it is right in the port.

• Visited December 2012
gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thanks for your comments about The Wet Lizard. Glad it was a good and positive experience for you. We are always trying to keep our customers happy and trying to improve and make a tastey menu that they will enjoy.
Hope you come back for a visit.
San Antonio, Texas
“We enjoyed the view from the top level.”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We were on a cruise to Belize so not much choice right at the docks, but we did enjoy our food! My son had the Best fish ever, fresh fried. I enjoyed the local Belikin beer with salt and lime! My husband had fish tacos. The place is lively w music blaring, but fun. Service was great and quick. We did not drink anything with ice or that was not sealed. We did not get sick at all which was not the case from others that went to Belize.

• Visited March 2013
gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thanks, so much I am happy that you all enjoyed your food and had a good time at The Wet Lizard. I appreciate you taking the time to post a comment. We look forward to reading them all. I hope that you will be back on a cruise, or even longer and enjoy more of the sites around the country and of course come back and have the fresh fish again. See you soon
Redmond, Washington
“Not like the 1st time”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We were there 8-9 years ago and loved it. Great food and drink. Didn't eat this time, they were too busy and way understaffed at first. My problem is paying $50 for 4 weak drinks. If you're going to charge that much I would like a little booze in them. If we go again will stick to beer:(

gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
I am glad that you stopped by again. We have expanded a bit in 8 years, and yes, staffing is a problem most days but we try our best and continue to try to improve. I am sorry you didn't think there was enough liquor in your cocktails. We use a local rum equivalent to 151 rum and for the larger drinks we put in at least 2 1/2 shots. Of course though if you are not satisfied, we are always happy to add more, but we don't know unless you tell us. Hope you come back and give us a try again, the beer will be cold and the drinks will be over proof... that is my promise to you.
Richmond Hill, Georgia
“Great drink and food, fun (loud) atmosphere”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We started out at the waterfront bar downstairs for a drink. Bill got a Belikin which was ice cold and I had a yellow pina colada. It was way more pineapple than coconut, but it was refreshing. We had snabbed the last two bar stools, so decided to try upstairs for a table and bigger view for our lunch. It was obvious they were short-staffed as people were waving money to pay after their meals. We got a two- seater right by the front open- air window and could see the marina activity, girls dancing downstairs in the little square, and people shopping. The whole area is pretty small and this place has a good location with city views to one side and sea views to the other (which I notice are not represented well here- just the marina/city view). The music was loud, and at times competed- in our location we could hear the bar music downstairs competing with the restaurant music upstairs which was a bit annoying, Bathrooms were clean. We lucked out and met the owner who was trying to play catch-up. Enjoyed talking with her just for a minute; it's obvious she really loves her work and tries hard to keep everything moving along when the place gets packed. We waited a long time for our shrimp sliders and fresh fish plate- at least 30 minutes-, but we had our Green Iguanas quickly and they were delicious. My 3 buttery, garlicky shrimp sliders had a total of 5 shrimp, and they were very tasty. Bill's grilled mackerel (3 small steaks), rice and beans were also good, spiced just right. We paid around $40 for our two drinks and lunch, with probably the best views at the pier.

gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thanks so much for taking time to write such a detailed review. These always help me to keep ontop of what our customers are experiencing. I am sorry to hear you had to wait so long for your meal, but I am glad that you enjoyed yourself, and the view. I hope that you will stop back again and visit and be sure to say hello again.
Thanks