“Disappointed!!”

Ranked #4 of 98 Restaurants in Belize City
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Convenient location on the pier of the Belize cruise ship port. Downstairs offers great cocktails and light snacks, the upstairs is a full restaurant offering the best of Belizean cuisine. Conch, shrimp, fresh fish. Everything is made fresh daily. A great place to spend the day, to relax, or get up dance and party with us.
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I was at the Wet Lizard on Jan. 3rd 2013. with some family and friends. We had heard how great this place was so thought it would be a good place to go to at the end of our wonderful trip to Belize. I was very disappointed when my tacos came and they were so soggy and disgusting. It was like they were made hours before. The only enjoyable experience was meeting a couple off the ship and visiting with them. I made a quick trip to the bathroom only to find toilets that didn't flush and garbage overflowing, the smell was unbelievable. I am sorry that this place is suspose to represent Belize as many Cruise Ship Tourist don't go beyond this port. It is a poor representive.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is a great place to eat, drink and visit! We shopped a while and then ended up here. They have excellent chips and salsa and of course the Belekin beer is sooo good! We got fish tacos, shrimp tacos, conch tacos and they were all very good! It is our second time to stop in there for food and drinks and we will go again next time we are in Belize City! Oh, and great service too!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I had the jerk chicken and it was delicious and the pina colada wasn't so bad either. Nice outdoor atmosphere and if you donate a dollar for a marker then you can write on pretty much anything and leave a note. Would go back there again.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Pros: Location was great. Food was good. Reasonably priced drinks and food for tourist area. Party atmosphere was fun. Customer service was good.

Cons: Portions were small. Bathrooms were FILTHY and disgusting with profanity written all over the walls.

gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Thanks for your comments, both pros and cons. Glad you enjoyed yourself and I am sorry about the restrooms. With the construction on the road going on the water company turns off the water during the course of the day for work, and we put up signs on the restroom doors that it is out of order and to direct customers to another location but sometimes they get taken down. As far as the profanity, markers are given out with a donation to the cancer society with the hope that everyone will be respectful and adult about leaving their names, but there are some persons that are not like that. I try to get into the restrooms and paint over the comments, but we have not had a chance recently. I will get that done as soon as possible. I don't want our customers to be offended by the words of others.
Thanks again for your comments, and hope to see you again.
Laura

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stopped in at the Wet Lizard during our time in port in Belize. Quick friendly service, we enjoyed the 2 for $5.00 Belikin and the meat pies. A nice break on a hot day with a great view. Very busy of course with the number of ships in port.

gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for your comments. I am glad you enjoyed yourself and the atmosphere. We try to make it fun and enjoyable as possible.
I am very sorry about the bathrooms, with all the construction on the street some days, yes, even when there are a lot of boats in port, the water company has to do work and turns off the water. It has been happening more regularly lately and we try to keep them as clean as possible and direct persons to the other restrooms available. We pass out markers to guest to sign their names on the wall and donations are made to the cancer society. I am aware that some people do get rude and write things, we do attempt to go around and paint it out whenever I spot it, but I will make it a point to get to the restrooms and do it as soon as possible. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.
Hope to see you back again.