“What a great view and wonderful drinks!”
Review of Wet Lizard

Wet Lizard
Ranked #3 of 87 Restaurants in Belize City
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Convenient location on the pier of the Belize cruise ship port. Downstairs offers great cocktails and light snacks, the upstairs is a full restaurant offering the best of Belizean cuisine. Conch, shrimp, fresh fish. Everything is made fresh daily. A great place to spend the day, to relax, or get up dance and party with us.
Greensboro, North Carolina
“What a great view and wonderful drinks!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were first timers to Belize ( won't be our last) and found this amazing little place to hang out at while we were waiting for our excursion. The staff was fast, friendly and very helpful. The drinks were amazing and a great way to kick off the day. Our family ( including teenagers) felt welcome and right at home...We plan to see you again in June!~

gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Coming back in June,, great. We will be there waiting, and having the party still going on for you. We appreciate your comments and I am happy to hear that everyone in your party enjoyed themselves. We try to cater to guests of all ages, and we are glad when everyone has a good time.
Looking forward to your next visit and please say hello.

Detroit, MI
“Happy to be in the heat!”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

The family and I were just happy to be in the heat and away from the snowy midwest. This was the first stop on our cruise. As an adult family, my mother, father and sister and I had an order of meat patties (3 for $5US) which were delicious and very hot in touch and taste! It was a nice atmosphere and I spent most of my time here having a few frozen beverages. The workers truly are busy when cruises come through. I still dont know where the food is cooked or brought from! If I were to dock here again, I'll be back for the drinks!

gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Lol, we have a full restaurant on the upper level of the gift shop and we run back and forth to make sure our customers get the yummy food items they desire. We also offer a few things in the bar on the waterfront. Glad everything was enjoyable for you and your family, and glad to hear you will be coming back to Belize. Belize is a wonderful country and the Wet Lizard is just one of many great places.
Thanks and see you again.
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
“Good local food with great view of area.”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This was a port stop on a Christmas cruise. This is an upstairs location with outside dinning and a great view. Food was good. Hard working wait staff with a very heavy load of tables to serve. Service was excellent and food was good. The place was very full and all appeared to be enjoying the experience. The “graffiti” on the walls and ceiling is actually a charity operation by the owner. You pay for the marker, buck or two, and get to write on the walls.
Worth a try if you stop in Belize.

gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thanks so much for taking time to write your comments. We really do appreciate knowing what our customers think. Yes, our staff is a little overloaded at times, but I am glad they were helpful for you. It is a fun environment and I hope that you can make it back to Belize to come by and enjoy it with us again. Have a great new year.
Sunnyvale, California
“Great Upstairs View”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Don't miss out on the Wet Lizard if you want to people watch! Although I went there for local conch, I was disappointed as it was pretty chewy. Instead I enjoyed the coconut shrimp, Belizian beer, and local entertainment.

• Visited January 2013
gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
So glad you joined us and took time to let us know how we are doing. Glad you enjoyed your food, and the local Belikin beer is a great treat. Conch is an animal with texture similar to octopus. We have to beat it a lot before cooking, but sometimes it still comes out a little chewy, but it is a very tasty. Hope you make it back and try it again.
See you soon
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Wet lizard”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I'm always looking for places in my travels to recommend to other. The Wet Lizard was one of the highlights of the Belize cruise port. We had the Belize meat pies (2 orders), shrimp, a pop and 2 beers...the total with tip was $25 with tip. The service was great. I loved the fact that the customers could write a message on the walls, ceiling ect for future guest. Over all a great experience and I look forward to eatting there again.

• Visited November 2012
gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Highlight in the Belize port. Thank you so much, I love hearing. Glad we could make your day in Belize fun. We all do enjoy our work at the Wet Lizard and we are glad that it shows to our guests.
The writing on the wall is something I started when my best friend passed with cancer, so all donations are made to the Belize Cancer society, and we thank you so much for that.