“Fun and Relaxing”

Ranked #5 of 92 Restaurants in Belize City
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Convenient location on the pier of the Belize cruise ship port. Downstairs offers great cocktails and light snacks, the upstairs is a full restaurant offering the best of Belizean cuisine. Conch, shrimp, fresh fish. Everything is made fresh daily. A great place to spend the day, to relax, or get up dance and party with us.
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We stopped by the Wet Lizard on the way back to the ship. I have to reccomment the "Panty Ripper" great frozen drink with coconut rum and pineapple. Take home cup
was an added plus as a memory of a quick cruise stop in Belize. The coconut shrimp plate was excellent with subtle flovors. When I asked about the spices and flavors, the waitress and the gift shop keeper could not tell me what spices were used but other than that the visit was fun. The second floor overlooking the port was a great end to a day on shore, the food reasonable with fantastic flavor and the eclectic decor was a fun! Love the
twist to add a name for charity.....keep up the fun!

gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2012

Linda:
Thanks so much for stopping by the Wet Lizard. I am glad you enjoyed your experience there, and the coconut shrimp, and for taking time out to post a review.
These reviews help me alot, so I can adjust what we do accordingly to keep our customers happy.

To let you know, the signing on the wall has produced quite a bit of money for the cancer charity, and we appreciate everyone who contributes. Thanks for mentioning it.
Hope to see you again at The Wet Lizard

There are newer reviews for Wet Lizard

Reviewed February 10, 2012

We stopped at the Wet Lizard on a port day from a cruise ship, in February 2012. The atmosphere is great and festive; the food is good, the beer cold, and the service a bit slow.

Stop there if you get a chance.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review. I appreciate it and am happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself at the Wet Lizard.

Hope you will be hopping on a cruise ship soon and making your way back to visit us again.
Be sure to say hello.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

What a great place to kick back after a tour/shopping in Belize. It is on the second floor overlooking the bay, so you get a great view of the pier and a nice cool breeze. The place is crazy fun...

Thanks so much for your post. Crazy fun!!! I like that description.
Hope you stop back again.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

We were in Belize City on a recent cruise and after returning from an excursion we stopped by the Wet Lizard for a late lunch. The place was packed, but we luckily got a table. The service was a little slow, but the food was great. Try the conch plate if you want to taste the local shell fish specialty. The restaurant is totally a tourist hangout, but well worth the cost...great margaritas and beers.

Thanks so much for your review. It is nice that customers take time out to let us know how we did. I apologize for the slow service you encountered, sometimes we get slammed and the waitress get a little out of sinc, I will continue to attempt to solve issue, but I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your conch.

Conch is a wonderful seafood and I am glad that you were adventurous to try it.
Please be sure to say hello if your travels bring you back to the Wet Lizard.

Again, thank you.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

My second time to Belize and the Wet Lizard. Food was good and the vibe even better. The burger was very good, as expected, but I am not sure of the ceviche... I have had it all over Latin America but never like this. The Conch ceviche had very little conch and the lobster ceviche didn't have any lobster (that I could tell).
I don't remember it being as expensive when there in '07 and given the exchange rate with the U.S. (2 to 1) I expected to find more value. I felt that the prices were based on having U.S. tourist trapped and wanting a meal other than on board the cruise ships.

gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2012

Jay,
Thanks so much for your comments, I continue to read all the reviews so we can keep the Wet Lizard at a high standard and make sure all our guests are happy.

Glad you enjoyed your burger and I am sorry you felt there was not enough conch and lobster in the ceviche, I will look into that. I try to keep an eye on everything but sometimes things do slip by me.

As far as prices, we have been in business for 10 years and have only raised our prices once. Everything in Belize has gone up, butane, vegtables, conch, sales tax, etc. Alot of people don't understand that many things in this beautiful country is imported which adds alot of extra tax on items, But we have tried to maintain a good reasonable price and still give a good portion on the plate.

I hope to see you again on your next visit, and be sure to say hello, and when you get the ceviche this time, I will make it for you, it is our own Wet Lizard recipe.
Enjoy cruising...