“Nice place to catch a drink after your ship docks”
Review of Wet Lizard

Wet Lizard
Ranked #5 of 94 Restaurants in Belize City
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Convenient location on the pier of the Belize cruise ship port. Downstairs offers great cocktails and light snacks, the upstairs is a full restaurant offering the best of Belizean cuisine. Conch, shrimp, fresh fish. Everything is made fresh daily. A great place to spend the day, to relax, or get up dance and party with us.
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Odds are you will be greeted by the owner when you get to the top of the stairs of this roof top bar, which is always a good thing. This is a good place to relax, eat some good bar food, get a drink and people watch - all from this roof top location.

The drink and food prices were in line for a "tourist" location. The service was decent, but the place can get super busy when the cruise ships come to port.

We stopped here for a bite to eat and to catch a drink with some friends after some shopping on our cruise port day. We ordered the nachos, which were good, and some margaritas. I do have to admit, I was a bit surprised by the drink prices when compared to the small sizes. At times, we had a hard time flagging down the waitress to order more drinks. To be perfectly honest, we would have stayed longer but it was too much work to get someone to take another order.

Don't get me wrong, the place was not bad by any stretch, it just got super busy when all the folks from the ship overwhelmed the place. It is a great place to people watch.

1  Thank castillo74
gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2011

I am so glad that you stopped in and thank you for your review. I am sorry your waitress didn't attend to you as she should have. I have already read this helpful review to the staff, hopefully if you make it back to visit with us, things will be better.
We strive to keep a good, clean well run establishment, sometimes things slip through the cracks, but we do listen to comment.
Thanks again and hope to see you back.
Laura

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Owned by a Belize native and an Atlanta, GA transplant, this is a great spot to stop for lunch and a drink. Food was excellent and service can't be beat when the owner waits on your table.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

After a caving tubing excursion with Cave Tubing R Us, we decided to go to the Wet Lizard while waiting on the ships tender...we had a few adult beverages and some EXCELLENT nachos!

Reviewed October 25, 2011

We booked a cave tubing tour through The Wet Lizard and had a great time. We also saved money by not booking through our cruise ship. Our guide...Cornell, I believe, sorry if I got that wrong, was GREAT! He was kind, friendly, and very knowlegable. I also really enjoyed the little map he gave us to look at as he talked about the different areas of Belieze. I would highly recommend them. The cave tubing was great, just wish it could have lasted longer :) but that can be said for most vacation adventures. Oh and don'r forget your water proof camera, and water socks (flip flops and sandals work just fine too).

Reviewed October 10, 2011

Ordered a beer to sit and watch the crowds bustle by. The restaraunt is on the second floor overlooking the bay and crowds. Fun and party decor, wait staff friendly and attentive. Free wifi was down during my visit. My wife and I ordered beers to relax.
No problems with bills as previously seen in other posts. Did not order food, but what came to tables around us looked great. No one complained and we saw many empty plates as guests left.