“Interesting sites, Friendly Service”
Review of Carnival Tours Belize - CLOSED

Carnival Tours Belize
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We booked our tour of the City of Belize and Ruins through Carnival Tours Belize instead of going through the cruise ship. There were 3 ships in port that day and we left our booking too late to get a private tour, however they managed to find 4 seats on a bus that was taking passengers from RCI on the tour. Tiffany our tour guide was very friendly and knowledgeable. She answered every question that was asked and gave us alot of information about the ruins, city, and country of Belize.
Belize is a very poor country and I think it is important for all of us including our children to see how others live and appreciate what we have. Those readers who are upset about seeing poverty should not get off the boat.
Thanks to Kelvin and his team for a great day!

2  Thank Sn0w_sucks

Reviewed January 21, 2012

Carnival Tours Belize.com Very poor tour, and definitely not good value for amount charged.
We were very disappointed with this tour. We did not feel the the guide was knowledgeable enough about the Altun Ha site.
The attractions we were told we would see were literally pointed out as we drove by - at the end of the trip we were told we would be given the chance to do some shopping,this amounted to being dropped off at a small tourists market right next to the port, where we were hassled and made to feel uncomfortable by two large black ladies who followed us around the market offering sexy massages.
Also the trip guide states the tour ends at the Smoky Mermaid for complimentary drinks. This did not happen.

Would not recommend this trip to anyone.

3  Thank davvid_allen
Reviewed December 28, 2011

We just left Belize a day ago and had a wonderful guided tour of the Altun Ha Maya Site and a River Wallace boat tour. We booked our tour on the Internet instead of going with the cruise line and were glad that we did! Our guides were at the port to meet us and took excellent care of our group. We felt pampered and had a both entertaining and informative tour of Belize City, the Altun Ha Mayan Ruins and a boat trip complete with monkey's and large iguana's in the trees and crocodiles in the water. Our tour included a tasty chicken lunch and every one of the 22 in our group raved about the tour on return to the boat! Finally, they got us back to port an hour before we had to leave, even though we got a bit of a late start (our fault).

A hint: be sure to get everyone up early to catch the first tender! The second wave of tenders can take a while!

4  Thank gcarp
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My girlfriend booked us with Carnival Tours Belize and it was easily the best decision we made on our trip. Better price and better experience than the rest of my family had. We visited Altun Ha and Belize City. Dana and Simone, our guides, were very knowledgeable and friendly. We were one of only two couples on the excursion, so our trip was quick, easy, and personable. No big tour buses, just the six of us hanging out and seeing the real Belize. The ruins were amazing, and we got to sneak past the big crowds and see all of the sites first. We had the local beer (Belikin - amazing, by the way) and an awesome lunch. We saw so much wildlife, including wild parrots. Finally, we got to see the real Belize City, historic houses, churches, etc. as well as the shopping district, which is quite an experience with small family owned stores from immigrants from all over the world. We had no idea that Belize was so diverse and exciting, even in the rainy months. When my girlfriend left her camera in the van, we worried we'd never see our pictures again. Wrong - we had the camera back in a couple of weeks! Overall, the tour guides are awesome, the company is very professional, and the countryside is beautiful! This excursion was by far the most memorable - as we got to get off the beaten path and see the real Belize.

9  Thank qcaples
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I found this tour through google and was really excited about the prices compared to excursions through carnival cruise lines. My boyfriend and I did the mayan ruin tour and the city tour. We had an amazing time. Unfortunately, in all the excitement I managed to leave my camera in the tour van. About 5 days later, as soon as I got back home, I emailed the tour company and they had my camera! I was so relieved with their quick response about my camera and their quick response of shipping it back. I highly recommend this tour company!

5  Thank stuntunicorns