“Just awesome - MUST DO”

and up
Belize City and Reef Helicopter Tour
Ranked #23 of 84 Tours in Belize City
More attraction details
Owner description: Astrum Helicopters provides helicopter tours in Belize. Experience one of our Helicopter Tours or Adventures to the many destinations Belize has to offer. Visit the great Blue Hole, 1000 foot falls, Lamanai, Victoria Peak, San Pedro, Placencia and many other attractions.You can take one of our well crafted trips or create your own custom adventure. Where do you want to go today?
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Astrum picked us up at Ka'ana as well as picking up my brother over in Hopkins. We had a blast. Saw Jaguar and Mass Ruins, had a fabulous lunch - then airboat ride - then we headed back "home". Gastavo Jr. - so knowledgeable, and obviously a very competent pilot.
(not too hard on the eyes either). It rained pretty hard on the way back but we never felt scared for one second - it actually made the trip better. Travis, our contact, was so accommodating, always professional and handled everything w/out hassle.
First class operation - don't know why anyone would choose another. We will use them again, maybe see the Blue Hole next time.

3  Thank Reeni2013Maureen
in 10 reviews
in 21 reviews
in 3 reviews

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The helicopter tour over to Victoaria's Peak and 1,000 Foot Falls was incredible- definitely worth doing if you have the chance.

I've been visiting Belize since 2008 and living here since 2011- I've been all over this country by car and bus- but this tour really helps you appreciate the beauty of Belize. All of that untouched land, all of those hidden waterfalls, the crazy shapes of the Maya Mountains, all of those GREEN trees!! We even saw sting rays and a manatee in the sea as we flew back over to San Pedro!

The quick replies and excellent customer service of the staff was a huge plus, too- their office was closed the day I called to book the trip for my customers, but I sent an email and had a phone call back within 30 minutes or so.

All of my AMAZING pictures are up on my blog- but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to promote that on here or not....

4  Thank Carrie T
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Gastavo Jr & Sr as well as Travis were nothing short of providing 1st Class Service in every way on our private tour & excursion. My wife & I had wanted to visit and see and do several things that were not part of the packages they offered and they accommodated us without hesitation. We landed on the river bed for our private cave tubing adventure, as well as landing next to the ruins for exploration. After that, they set up a private air boat excursion thru the swamp lands that Florida State uses for there gator research. The whole day was just a blast!

Being a Rotocraft pilot myself, I could appreciate the expertise flying of Gastavo Sr. in every way. The sites to see here are incredible and even more amazing from the air at 2-300 feet cruising altitude. Hovering and flying very low and close to the Mayan ruins from this angle were absolutely spectacular and should be visited from the air!

If choosing an out of the ordinary excursion, Astrum Helicopters is the way to do it in Belize!!

3  Thank 1BadBull
Reviewed June 30, 2013

What a rush! Very professionally run operation with top drawer ground support.
We opted to go to Turneffe Island Resort via helicopter rather than their boat shuttle.
We selected the BLUE HOLE overflight, which was incredible, and made our later scuba dive there even more compelling, having seen it from the air.
We enjoyed the convenience and thrill of the flight so much, we elected to book a return flight from Turneffe directly back to the ramp at the International Airport in Belize city to catch our flight elsewhere.
Since our baggage exceeded the limits of the JetRanger, we shipped our bags via boat, but the ground staff at Astrum made certain the luggage was ready and waiting for us at the airport, and a staff associate even escorted us through the check-in process for the airlines.
We recommended this service to other families and couples who we met at Turneffe, and they also booked flights with Astrum. Reports from them were similarly enthusiastic.
Thanks Travis, Emilio, Gustavo Sr. and Gustavo Jr.!
BTW, I understand this is the ONLY Helicopter operating in all of Belize!

1  Thank skydoc2336