“Altun Ha with the awesome Dennis”
Review of Reggie's Tours

Reggie's Tours
Ranked #17 of 79 Tours in Belize City
More attraction details
Owner description: Reggie's Tours is a small family runned business that has been operating tours for the past 15 years. Focused on family fun and adventure, come and experience Belize. Personalize your day with Reggie's tours.
West Sussex UK
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Altun Ha with the awesome Dennis”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We found Dennis thanks to some super emailed directions from Dennis's wife

Dennis took us to Altun Ha the Mayan ruins which are brilliant, he is very well informed and described the culture and rituals (some gruesome ones) of the Mayan people. Dennis was great to be with and has a great sense of humour , he was kind enough to laugh at my jokes, (well as my wife Sue pointed out, I was paying him)

Dennis also showed us the real Belize which was fascinating.
This was a great day !!

Visited March 2013

Delmar, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cave tubing/zip line tour”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

After reading the great reviews of Reggie Tours on TripAdvisor, my family of four booked a day of cave tubing and zip lining with Reggie Tours. What a great choice! Dennis and his wife met us right off the cruise ship and Dennis took us into the rain forest for a fun filled day. The caves were stunning, and the tubing was especially enjoyable as we had the caves to ourselves, arriving well ahead of other larger tour companies. Dennis was very knowledgeable of the fauna and flora of the area and pointed out some fascinating plants, insects and animals of the rain forest as we hiked back into and out of the caves. After cave tubing, we headed to zip lines, where we again had a private experience led by two great zip lining guides, Reuben and Jeff. It was a fun, exhilarating experience! After the adventure packed day, Dennis and his wife made sure we got back to our ship in plenty of time for tendering. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting Belize!

Visited March 2013
Eagan, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wild Life Refuge Tour (Zoo)”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Jar, Reggie's daughter, was waiting for us when we got to the dock. My husband and I were the only ones on this tour that day. It's about an hour drive to the zoo and on the way Jar told us about Belize, their educational system, healthcare and herself and family. She was very personable and easy to talk with.
The zoo has only Belizean animals in their natural forest surroundings. Some of the animals didn't come out in the open and were hidden in their natural habitats.
On the way back, we stopped at a grocery store and drove through different parts of Belize City on our way back to the dock.
We had a fun time and would recommend Reggie Tours to cruisers wanting to take a local tour company rather than what the ship has to offer. Thank you Jar for all your info.
Woody & Betty

Visited February 2013
Bowling Green, Kentucky
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Last week my group took the Altun Ha tour. This was the best part of my cruise trip to Belize. Dennis was well-informed about all aspects of the attraction, as well as the country of Belize. He was waiting for us when we got off the ship, and took care of us completely until he dropped us off at the ship that evening. This excursion was a great value as well. Dennis is an excellent ambassador for the attraction we saw, as well as the country of Belize. I highly reccomend Reggie's tours to anyone who visits Belize.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Gregory W
Lodi
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Excellent tour company”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

6 of us recently took a tour of the Mayan Ruins at Altu Ha with Reggie's tours. I had booked the tour online and Reggie's communication was excellent. Once we arrived at Belize City (Princess Cruise), we disembarked a bit later than I had anticipated. We got some helpful advice from local tour guides and were met warmly by Lahoma, one of Reggie's employees. She greeted us with a nice smile and genuine friendliness, even though I'm sure she had been waiting awhile. She fit us all in a minivan and began our tour to the Mayan ruins. Along the way, she pointed out various points of interest. She was very knowledgeable on the history of Belize. Once we reached our destination, about a 30 minute drive over very poorly maintained roads (Lahoma joked that she was getting her PHD- "Pot Hole Dodger"), she led us on a very exclusive and indepth tour of the ruins. I felt like Lahoma was more like a friend than a tour guide. She was awesome. I am so glad that I arrange this tour based on Trip Advisor recommendations. It was well worth it.

Visited January 2013