“Number One”

Charlie's Cave Tubing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Charlie's Tours are very educational, ecological-oriented and adequate for school kids and students of all ages. Charlie offers an excellent ecological tour on the trails just prior to having to tube through the mysterious caves where the Maya priests once prayed to and worshiped the Gods of the Underworld. At Charlie's Cave Tubing we cater especially to our Eco-friendly guests. We are very serious about the conservation and preservation of the caves. We are sure you will find this a very relaxing and pleasant experience.
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Charlie is #1 in my book. You will not be disappointed. Charlie answered my emails from the states before we set out on our Norwegian Cruise. Charlie answered my emails while on the cruise and CHARLIE met us right on time at the cruise port in Belize. Can't miss him - His team wears the special superman T-shirt. Charlie loves what he does and loves to share what he has learned even more. He will truly educate you on the area, the nature and history of Belize caves. Cave tubing with Charlie was the HIGHLIGHT of my 20th Anniversary cruise. This guy knows his stuff and everybody knows Charlie!! Take my word for it - This is #1 cave tubing experience where you get the personal touch and you don't have to worry about being treated like your on a tour. Charlie's cave tubing is like meeting up with friends and enjoying the ride. He makes sure you are comfortable and well taken care of through out. He is so nice, he gave stranded cruise goers a ride back to the port - FREE! Charlie is a good guy and you wont regret tubing with him for a minute.

There are newer reviews for Charlie's Cave Tubing Tours

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We found Charlie to be a great guide. All of his employees wore shirts that were east to identify. The van that took us to the caves was a newer model and the air conditioning worked fine. When we got to the parking lot, the staff made sure we had the equipment we needed. As we walked the trail to the entrance of the river our guide shared his knowledge and love of his country. Many other people had to carry their tubes up the trail, but Charlie had his son up at the river with our tubes filled and ready to enter the water. The time in the river went too fast, and there were many people, but the personalized service from Charlie was the best. After completing the river run, lunch was served. I didn't see anyone else that had such personal service. Many people were herded back onto the buses, while we enjoyed our lunch. I would suggest that you book with Charlie, save some money, and enjoy his love of Belize!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I want to say first that if you are adventurous, you MUST do the added jungle hike/extended cave tubing trip. They don't advertise it, but we paid $60/person (just $10 more)! Believe me, it is WELL worth it. And transportation from the port and lunch, which is a HUGE plus, as the caves are a 45 min drive away.

I had a group of 8 and we wanted smoothing a little more adventurous than just cave tubing. I emailed Charlie and asked about our options. Charlie recommended the Jungle Hike addition, and I NEVER expected what we got! Charlie was sick the day we arrived, so we went with Roberto. He is part Mayan, but knows SO much about Mayan culture and shared everything with us as we hiked through the jungle, eating various plants and learning so much about Mayan culture. Roberto even let a soldier ant bite him on the arm to show us how the Mayans used to suture their wounds.

THEN we got into the river for the tubing. Because we had hiked through the jungle, our time in the river was also longer than the normal tour. Roberto took us down the river, stopping once to go into the coolest little side cave where we swam up an underwater river through an opening only 3 feet wide, into a small chamber, barely large enough for 3 people at once. We shared a moment of silence in respect of Mayan beliefs that the caves are a link to the underworld. And some of the most beautiful jungle between each of the caves. We ended up floating through 4 separate caves, instead of 2, which the other tours generally do.

Needless to say, this wad the best $60 I've EVER spent, let alone on a cruise excursion. HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend this company!

1  Thank Sean K
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We had lots of fun with Charlie Chan! He knows so much about flora and fauna. Going into the caves, seeing bats, guessing what things might look like all add up to a wonderful day!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

From start to finish this was a fantastic excursion. We met Charlie as promised just out side the port terminal and were introduced to Roberto who took our group of 10 on the ride, through the rain forest and guided us through our cave tubing adventure then he even sat and had lunch with us. Roberto was the BEST tour guide we have ever had on any excursion- hands down! He was professional, informative, fun, friendly and went out of his was to show us an amazing day. I would recommend this trip to any and all family and friends. We saw other groups through different companies along our tour and throughout our day and it was obvious their guides were much less thorough and informative. Also- they lunch after was AWESOME!!