Review Highlights
Absolutely the highlight of our trip!

Reviewed 3 days ago
Flyer620076
Charlie is Amazing!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Maleeka L
via mobile

All reviews charlie chan his son mayan culture cave tubing chicken the river zip lining cruise ship rice and beans tube ride water shoes small group wealth of information private tour other companies delicious lunch flora and fauna
Reviewed 3 days ago

There are no words to describe how wonderful this excursion was! I am SO glad we didn't go with our cruise boat but instead opted to go with Charlie. It was a PRIVATE tour that he made just for us. No big groups, no carrying tubes and we were able to learn so much history. He customized the tour just for us and our 4 kids. Don't go with any other tour company! He was absolutely amazing.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What a great time my friends and I had exploring the caves ! He was very knowledgeable and shared a lot about his culture and history!
Would definitely do it again.

1  Thank Maleeka L
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had so much fun on our excursion with Charlie! He made us feel safe and taken care of. He was very knowlegable and friendly. I can’t wait to come back!

1  Thank Sarah C
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Charlie is a great tour guide who is relaxed, safe, funny, and full of wonderful knowledge! He is the best!

1  Thank Katy S
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

So glad I chose Charlie's for my excursion. I've been on other cave tubing trips & I would definitely recommend Charlie's over the other. I clicked on the link on their website for more info, they were quick to respond & very helpful with answering all my questions. Miguel, the tour guide, was the best guide ever. He was patient & took his time with us. We felt so safe with him & at ease, he made the entire trip very pleasant. It was nice not to have to carry the tubes. The caves were beautiful, the float down the river was a nice added bonus (most excursions don't offer this). The lunch provided was great as well. They have restrooms & showers available. They had a small gift shop. I would recommend taking a water proof camera. As we were two women in our 60s, walking thru the jungle & carrying our own tubes would have been nearly impossible. Charlie's went above & beyond our expectations. They say to look for the guys in the Superman shirts & Miguel was really "Our Superman!"

Reviewed October 2, 2018

This was an excellent excursion. We met Charlie at the terminal. The drive to the caves was very informative. Charlie told us a little about the history of Belize and ALOT about the Mayan Caves we were about to enter. So cool!!! Mikey was our guide for the hike and into the caves. He told us so much about the plants and insects along the way that it made the walk much more interesting. Yes, a couple of us even tried the termites, the "tic tacs" of the jungle! The water and the caves themselves are just breathtaking. If you get the chance to free swim or jump off a few rocks, like we did, take advantage!! This was probably the best excursion of our week long trip. Our family ages included: 18, 19 and two 40 something's, and none of us were disappointed. A must see in Belize.

Reviewed September 15, 2018

Charlie's cave tubing tour was the best excursion of our two week cruise. The tour included cave tubing, river tubing, free swimming and an excellent lunch at a local restaurant and was longer than any other excursions available. Brett and Mike took outstanding care of us during the walk to the cave and also carried the tubes for us. Their local knowledge of flora and fauna was impressive and greatly added to the overall experience. I would highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

Now I know why there are so many 5 star reviews. First off, the cave tubing was one of the best shore excursions we have ever had. Here are all the benefits of going with Charlie's: Everybody was super nice and I wish I remembered all their names, you don't have to carry your tube (yes, there were several groups that were lugging their tubes), when other groups were getting out of the river since their excursion ended we kept going! The cave was great but the tubing on the river and the swimming were excellent! The lunch they provided was super yummy and it was no problem stopping at a little store to pick up some local rum to take back with us! Just a great trip with many memories!

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

We booked this trip after reading reviews in tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. We found Charlie easily enough outside of the terminal, he had asked us to get on one of the first tenders. This resulted in us getting to the caving site well before the crowds! The drive to the cave is really interesting and our guide gave us an in-depth history of the island etc which was great. The walk to the caves is fantastic and we would have loved it to be a lot longer as there’s so much to see, make sure you try the termites!
As stated all the other groups carry their rings but with Charlie’s tour they are waiting.
Would highly recommend taking a GoPro.
On the way back we stopped at the Teaky tavern for lunch which was beautiful, makes sure you add the homemade spiced dish to your rice.
We wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this trip to anyone visiting Belize.

1  Thank Daveygrohl
Reviewed August 28, 2018

A bit of confusion getting off the tender, but everyone knows Charlie so we eventually found him. He passed us along to Mike, who was great. He drove us (private party of 6) straight to the caves to beat the cruise crowds. A short walk thru the jungle (20 min) to the cave, but we got our tubes at the river entry point, instead of lugging them all the way thru the jungle (many others had to carry their own tubes). The cave itself was not incredibly interesting, but it was relaxing and the kids loved it. I recommend traveling light because there is no where to put your stuff when you are on the river (we left backpacks and towels in our locked van, but I took wallet, ID, etc. in a waterproof pouch). My favorite part was swimming in the river w/o the tube at the end (Charlies takes you further down the river than other companies). Mike also took us to the Mayan ruins, which was pretty cool. He had us back in plenty of time to catch our ship. This activity is fairly expensive, cost about $500 for family of 6.